“Greek gourmet in Granby? Yes!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Brickhouse 40
Ranked #11 of 33 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver, Colorado
“Greek gourmet in Granby? Yes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We've already been to Brickhouse 40 twice this week. Once for dinner, and once for lunch. Both were delicious. For dinner, we ordered (and shared) the wedge salad and the pork kabobs. The pork was wonderful. Surprisingly, this place has a little bit of a greek flair, and the pork reminded us of souvlaki (which we both love). It was paired with large zucchini chunks, perfectly cooked over crispy fries. We sat at the bar to watch the Bronco's game. It was a lot of fun.

Our only complaint was that this was Sunday night, and they close at 7:30. We were ushered out before the game was over. I wish they'd warned us when we arrived.

They have 'happy hour' menu only from 2-6, so we ordered from that for our late lunch. The chicken wings were very good--freshly deep fried to order. The chicken caesar salad was wonderful and fresh, though the chicken could have been a little more seasoned.

They have fun specialty drinks. The pineapple vodka was amazing!

We're still in Granby for a few more days, we may hit this place one more time. The atmosphere is wonderful. Great finishes--especially the floor (left over from when the building was a design center), and friendly wait staff.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank DenverGirl5280

Rand, Colorado
“Great meal.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

First time I've been there, read some reviews prior to going there. Most were good but a few complaining of slow service. We were greeted immediately and seated right away. Waitress arrived very shortly afterward with menus and took our drink order. It took us awhile to decide what to eat and waitress keep checking back with us. We finally decided and enjoyed lovely crispy bread while we waited. It took awhile but nothing extreme. My husband had the 10 oz steak and I had the pork with chutney, both came with veggies (delicious) and mashed new red potatoes, very. Good also. I enjoyed the pork but like my homemade chutney more. While my husbands steak had great flavor, the cut was coarse. Overall, a good meal and varied menu. Not an inexpensive meal but at least I didn't regret it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Georgetown, Texas
“What is this place doing in Granby?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a shockingly nice restaurant. It sported real creamery butter in place of that cheap whipped stuff most restaurants serve. Nice white tablecloths, attractive décor, solid presentation of the meal. A really nice place to eat!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank TexasTrails
Charlotte, NC
“Good food, OK service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We popped in here while staying in the area based on reviews we saw here. We quickly got a table but it took a while to get service. Seems there was some confusion with wait staff as to whose table it was. Also, I must mention, it was extremely warm in the restaurant...almost unbearable at times. I know any places do not have air conditioning but fans would've been nice. We noticed only one overhead fan. My husband ordered the Pear salad & I ordered the pork brochette. Due to the confusion with waiters, we were never told the specials & only heard them when another family was seated next to us. I thought the pork brochette was cooked fine & the flavors were good but I was disappointed that it only contained small bits of pork and slices of zucchini. My husband was happy with his Pear Salad. We ordered dessert to go (cheesecake & Mounds slices) so we could share with our teenage son who begged off dinner out. Both were just ok, nothing special. We would probably give it another try when in Granby area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Reidracer
New York City
“horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Words cannot express what an awful time we had here. We waited no less than 2 hours for our dinner, while our 3 and 4 year olds went absolutely berserk. Food was good but nothing can overcome such awful service. This place really needs to get its act together.

• Visited August 2013