“WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T ORDER THE FILET MIGNON!!!”
Review of Brickhouse 40

Brickhouse 40
Ranked #13 of 35 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Greek-American dining in a historic rustic-chic brick building with a bar, fireplace & views. Granby Colorado's first brick building was built in 1972, courtesy of W.H. "Willy" Wood. Through the years, this location on Hwy 40 has served our residents with goods to make life more enjoyable. The building had previously been everything from a general store, grocery store, hardware store, and most recently, a design center. ​ Now as this historic building houses our Brickhouse 40, we hope to continue the proud tradition. We pride ourselves with fresh and creative food, friendly service, and an environment that makes you want to sit back and relax a while. Come join our family here at Brickhouse 40 and let us take care of all your wants and needs.
denver
“WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T ORDER THE FILET MIGNON!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

How this place stays in business is beyond me. They were out of the first three things wife ordered off the menu; which is fine. The prices in the menu are more than their prices online; which is fine. But thing that baffles me is their filet mignon. I added a picture above; they told me this was their filet. This about 3/4 of the "8 oz." filet that's pure fat. There was about 3 bites of meat. It was fattier than a prime rib, and was about a half inch thick. I thought I was on a hidden camera show, it was almost funny. Either the butcher or the chef need to be fired, because this was hands down the worst filet I've had in my life. And they still charged me $33 and offered no apology or replacement or anything. All I got was the waitress saying "yeah that's a filet, our prime rib is much bigger" Great!! So I got HALF a prime rib for twice the price. Now I feel better.

2 Thank DenverDave13

Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
“A bone to pick!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

DO NOT order the OSSO BUCO if you want meat. I dined for the third time here on Father's Day. I started with the $10.99 crab cakes and was disappointed with the lack of crab and the three 'cakes' were more like medallions. So small. My dinner companions ordered the Father's Day steak special, and steak with frites. Both were just above average. Getting back to the Osso Buco--- the dish consisted of a very flavorful sauce served over an almost meatless large bone. I realize what Osso Buco is- however it should have been a nice braised veal shank. It was most decidedly not. It was accompanied by a small side of nice seasonal veggies and the bone was served over smashed potatoes. I did not complain as we dined, as I thought eventually I would find meat somewhere on that veal shank. By the way my first choice of dinner was Gnocchi and pork- which was no longer available and was to "Be taken Off" the menu. I would never recommend Brickhouse 40 based on my visits. They have run out of 'second' chances. My meal was terrible at a price of $21.99. I left hungry...as I did not want to see what the desserts would be based on my entrée and appetizer.

1 Thank Jan B
Windsor, Colorado
“Great food, very nice setting”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We tried this restaurant based on a recommendation from a journal entry in a cabin at nearby Snow Mountain Ranch. It was excellent. I had a the steak and frites. This is a steak pounded thin with bleu cheese butter on the top..delicious! We also tried a chicken special with a wonderful cream sauce and rice and the greek doughnut holes for dessert were a unique and addicting treat. The old brick building that houses the restaurant was built in 1927 and the interior is warm and inviting. This restaurant sits right on Main Street in the small town of Granby.

Visited June 2013
Winter Park, Colorado
“Don't Waste Your Time”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Tried this restaurant twice. After our first visit we were hoping that we caught the restaurant and staff on an off day. We had already heard that the food was over priced but were willing to give it a try. But over priced average food and rude service is a combination we can't tolerate. So yesterday after over a year since our first visit we tried once again for Happy Hour. Hard to believe but the same rude waitress was still there. Bar was all that was open which is all that we wanted. She told us we could sit outside. However after sitting outside and no one showing up for our order we went and sat at the bar. There are five areas to sit in the bar besides at the bar. But two were occupied and three had not been bused. We sat at the bar being ignored by the waitress/bartender. After the next group walked through the door with the same rude greeting that we had received. We got up and left and visited our normal friendly watering hole.

1 Thank Scooter210
Jacksonville, Florida
“Don't order chicken parm”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Nice place I just ordered the wrong thing. Good service fair prices and they took the. Parm off the bill. Just passing through or would try again.

• Visited May 2013