“Great Prime Rib on Saturday Night”

Mackinaw's Bar and Grill
Ranked #15 of 35 Restaurants in Granby
Cuisines: American
Description: Located at the Grand Elk Marina & Beach Club
Description: Located at the Grand Elk Marina & Beach Club
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The prime rib at Mackinaw's is exceptional and one serving with an extra salad is more than enough for both of us. We ordered ours medium rare and it came out perfectly. Service was great and the views of the lake, high country mountains and marina out their huge picture windows unbeatable. The Marina has changed hands but the quality staff there and at Mackinaw's has remained and we strongly recommend this special place. They are only open from April 15 to October 15 along with the adjacent Indian Peaks Marina. If you're just passing through, a local or summer visitor you should plan at least one Saturday night prime rib here. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Linda S
There are newer reviews for Mackinaw's Bar and Grill

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Mackinaws is a regular stop for us on our frequent visits to Grand Lake in the summer. They have without a doubt the most spectacular views of any place in northern Colorado with big picture windows looking out on Lake Granby and the Continental Divide. They are located right on Hwy 34 adjacent to Grand Elk Marina and open from May 15 through October 15. Give them a try on your way across the Rockies.

Reviewed September 29, 2011

The views are amazing! Locally owned & operated by a great family! We went in for two meals & the owners took the time to personally get to know us. The food was great & affordable, around $10 a meal. Overall, a great experience in every aspect!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

My friend's parents own this restaurant, although if she hadn't asked me to work up there (to help because the restaurant hosted a wedding rehersal dinner Friday, Aug. 19, 2011 and catered a wedding the following day) if I was in the area and was unaware of who owned the establishment, I would have chosen Mackinaws to eat at because of the location and the view!

I read the other reviews. I observed the bartender to give excellent service and the wait service to be good. The food that I had was delicious. Friday I ate the Spinich Salad (comes with crasins, nuts, and raspberry vinagrette) and a cup of clam chowder. Saturday I ate a steak and chicken quesadilla and was full the rest of the day!

While working there for 1 and a half days I heard nothing but praise from the guests, some of which were there for their first time others who were repeat visitors. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly and the views from the windows are beautiful. I am a clean freak and from the kitchen to the dinning room this place is clean. :) The prices appeared resonable to me and there was a good selection of items on the menu. Additionally they have a nice selection of wine. Oh and if you like bloody mary's, the bartender tops them with an asparagus spear, a pepper, olives, lemon and lime!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

While the food was decent, we had the worst service ever!! We waited hours for drinks and food. Waitress was never apologetic and nothing was comped - orders were wrong. And the restaurant isn't as cool as it looks from the outside.