“If you haven't been yet, you're missing out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Drowsy Water Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granby
Drowsy Water Ranch
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Denver, CO
“If you haven't been yet, you're missing out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

This was my third trip to Drowsy Water Ranch (DWR), and they never disappoint. I loved it the first year I went with my nephew, and even by the second year they knew who I was and treated me like family (without the guilt trips and fights!).

I needed to travel alone this year and take a break from work, but didn't want a "singles hook up" trip, so I chose DWR for the comfortable, inclusive atmosphere, the delicious gourmet food, and the excellent, friendly staff. If I wanted time alone, I could have it, or they had plenty of activities to join in with the guests and staff. They even accomodated me when I was the only horse rider to not take the full-day rides, and when I wanted to be a "wrangler for a day," working with the horses and cattle.

So, if you're traveling alone, or if you're traveling with a family, Drowsy Water is a vacation you'll enjoy while you're there, and never forget.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank HockeyChickDenver_CO

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2009

We had a great time. My children did not want to leave. Staff incredible the horses great! We are talking of returning again next year!

Marblehead, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

If you are tired of the same old types of vacations each year we encourage you to very seriously consider spending a week with the Fosha family and their second to none staff at the Drowsy Water Ranch in Granby Colorado. From the moment we stepped out of the shuttle at the ranch, Justin Fosha was meeting and greeting us, making us feel at home and getting us acclimated to our new surroundings! The ranch/buildings are rustic, the property is aesthetically pleasing and our private cabin was beautiful and clean. My son and daughter quickly made friends and were never at a loss for something to do or explore! Not only did the Fosha family do everything and anything they could to make our week enjoyable but their staff were so much fun to be around and would literally bend over backwards to help you make the most of your time. The food was delicious, the kids riding program was great for beginners as well as experienced riders, the kids free time was very capably handled by Connor Ronan who kept the kids busy with everything from building a dam across the Drowsy Water Creek to horseshoes to fishing in the kids pond! A side trip included white water rafting on the Colorado River and my son and I spent an afternoon getting a fly fishing lesson from Dave Parri at the Northfork of the Colorado River. Evening entertainment included square dancing and staff show! The instruction for adult riding was always geared to one's abilities and interests. In my opinion the ranch has some of the nicest, gentlest horses I've ever seen! We were all sad when it was time to leave but will always remember our fantastic week at the Drowsy Water Ranch! Fondly, The Mirabella family of Massachusetts

2 Thank Joe1964
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

This was our second year at Drowsy Water Ranch and we will be back next year. The riding and kid's programs are second to none with our six and eight-year old girls riding horses on the trails like they had been doing it all of their lifes. The staff is incredible and they go beyond the typical to make your stay everything you wanted. I would highly recommend Drowsy Water Ranch to anyone that enjoys riding horses, great scenery, and a relaxing atmosphere.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2009

Its difficult to know where to start when reviewing DWR after having spent 6 nights at the ranch and getting back home yesterday. My wife and I travelled to Drowsy Water with two young children (ages 6 and 9) between the dates of June 14th and June 20th. Our stay with the Fausha family was simply incredible. They invite you into their home and treat their guests as if they were family. Everything about the ranch is simply superb. The setting of the ranch is breathtaking. There is a pond and multiple streams running through the ranch with breathtaking views of the mountains from all angles. The food is all homemade and delicious (thanks Kevin). The horses are magnificent and extremely well-trained (my first time riding ever). The support staff is made up of mostly intelligent, articulate, and confident college students who have fallen in love with the ranch and keep going back year after year because once you experience DWR its very difficult to get it out of your mind. They are extremely friendly and accomodating and are a wonderful influence and role-model for one's own children. The trail rides are amazing and include everything from scenic tours, to a breakfast ride, to trying to convice about 50 cows to return to their home on the ranch. The Fausha family is central to the experience at the ranch. Mom and Dad (Randy Sue and Ken) and their two boys (Justin and Ryan) and extended family (Gretta and Peyton who are Justin's wife and beautiful little girl) are probably some of the nicest people we have ever met. They provide one of the best vacations a family could ever wish for. We also had the good fortune of meeting friends at the ranch that will probably remain in our lives for a very long time. One woman has been attending the ranch since 1978, brought her 2 daughters to the ranch as guests, one of her daughters worked at the ranch, and this weekend the whole family was back as guests. The theme of DWR is simple. Once you arrive at DWR it will remain part of your family for a lifetime. If you are looking for a vacation that allows your children to explore nature's wonders under the constant watchful eye of staff, spend 6 days riding amazingly beautiful horses (thanks Bella) and sharing experiences and creating memories that will last a lifetime please visit Drowsy Water Ranch. One word of caution: once you go it might be difficult to stop going back. Our children are already talking about next year. Thanks to everyone at the ranch who made our stay unforgettable including Alex, Lauren, Lizzie, Dustin, Connor, Josh, JJ, and or course my beautiful horse Bella who carried me around for 5 days with grace and gentle power. Please fell free to contact me if you have any questions about the ranch or planning a trip there.

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2009

If you want a vacation that at the end of your stay you feel as though you are saying goodbye to family well then Drowsy Water is your place. There are not words to describe the staff and owners of Drowsy Water other than AWESOME......our kids talk daily as though they are family members. The accommodations were clean, neat and cozy. The grounds were clean, homey and well kept. The horses are well cared for and in good shape. The scenery was beautiful. Drowsy Water is very accommodating whether you have a fear of heights, or you want to spend your time riding just with your family, they make whatever you want possible. We definitely will go back.

Athens, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

We were very impressed with the Fosha family and their staff. They were genuinely happy, and took a lot of pride in, showing us a wonderful time. It was the best vacation we've had together. This was our first experience with a guest ranch and weren't sure what to expect. We ended up choosing Drowsy Water after learning more about their children's program and speaking directly with some previous guests of theirs. We mostly wanted to make sure that the ranch we picked had something for us all to enjoy. My wife and our children were really excited about riding for the week, but I had never ridden before. I was nervous about not having riding experience and was happy there'd be other things to do if I wasn't interested in riding everyday. It turned out that, with the exception of taking their raft trip and an afternoon hike, I rode everyday and loved it. They spent a little extra time instructing and making me and a few others feel comfortable the first day or two. I think we all walked away much better riders. We had a lot of fun on those mountain trails. The ranch sits in a small valley that you ride up and out of into and among some amazing Colorado scenery. We met a lot of interesting people from all over. There were also few other families there that week that had children the same ages as ours and everyone made friends so quickly even our teenager. Another highlight for us were the activities after dinner. The square dancing was our favorite but they were all fun. It was so nice to get away relaxing in such a beautiful and contagiously friendly place where you're free to do as much or as little as you like. We can't wait for our next visit this summer!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Millerclan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
#2 of 3 in Fraser
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fraser - Winter Park Area
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to Drowsy Water Ranch? Share your experiences!