“like family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drowsy Water Ranch

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granby
Drowsy Water Ranch
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Granby
Tequesta, Florida
“like family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

We went to DWR to let our 6 year old son experience something very different than his Florida lifestyle. We planned to go once. For the next 12 years we never missed a June trip to "the ranch". My sons first time living away from home was spent working at the ranch as part of the staff and we knew that he was in good hands with the Fosha family so we never worried about anything except that he might not come back. Now we are making plans to take our grandsons to the ranch and our now college son plans to join us as their "guide". If you have kids this is where you need to be as there is nothing about DWR that they and you as parents will not enjoy. Cabins, food, activities,staff service, scenery and the riding are just simply the best!

Room Tip: families will enjoy a separate cabin most..get one on Drowsy Water Creek and sleep like a rock
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
8 Thank sphgordo
DrowsyWater, Owner at Drowsy Water Ranch, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
Thanks for the great review! We are assuming it is coming from the Gordon family since we noticed Tequesta, FL in your profile. We look forward to seeing your family and grandkids in the future (a new generation coming to the ranch!).

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Chardon, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

My family has been coming here for over 45 years now with three generations of family enjoying the scenery and ranch style fun. We have had a family reunion here in 1998 and it was just wonderful. In 2011 my wife and I returned at age 55 and we enjoyed it just as much. The riding, rafting, square dancing and the wonderful staff made it clear to us that the magic is still here at Drowsy Water Ranch.

Room Tip: Cabins are romantic and lodge is very comfortable but not as romantic.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank David H
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

The best darn dude ranch on the face of the earth. Randi Sue, Ken, Greta, Justin and Ryan go out of their way to be sure that each and every guest has a spectacular time. Guest are divided into riding goods to fit experience and interests. Highlight of the week was a day long ride with Randi Sue and Justin, learning about their lives and the surrounding area. This was our second trip to the ranch and we'll be back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

We went to DWR in 2010 so that I could fulfil a dream of riding western style on a real ranch even at my advanced age of 67. We both enjoyed it so much (my wife is a dedicated non-rider) that we went again 2011. It was such a joy to meet up with the Foshas who are exceptional people and the best hosts that you could hope for. To renew aquaintances with folks that had ridden the year before was a delightful surprise, and to meet and befriend new people was such a good feeling. DWR is a very special place so I'm not sure that I want too many people to know about it!!

Room Tip: All cabins make excellent accommodation
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pete T
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

I went to this ranch Labor Day week 2011. I'm from NYC and this was my first solo trip. What a great time I had! The staff was unbelievably friendly, rooms very cozy and clean, horses were very well cared for, food was great. I wanted to do more riding than the usual slow trail rides and I got this at Drowsy Water. I met some really great people out there. I would highly recommend Drowsy Water if you love riding and want to take a solo trip. I rented a car from Denver and made the beautiful drive to Granby. Although it rained the day of our whitewater rafting trip we still all had a great time. Definitely one of my best travel experiences so far! I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Dede T
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

DWR provided 3 generations of our family- 16 people from 7 months to 74 years a glorious 45th anniversary celebration. We loved the friendliness of the Fosha family, wonderful staff, horses, dogs, and the beauty of the hills, trees, flowers, streams.....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Faith W
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

For a family who don't ride, our friends thought we were mad to book a week on a ranch! I can't recommend the experience enough. From the friendly welcome, personal attention, riding lessons, well kept horses, beautiful grounds and fabulous home-cooked food.
Everybody was so friendly!
Our cabin was clean and perfectly adequate with nice little touches like an upturned cowboy hat full of things we might have forgotten, a fridge and ceiling fan.
Meals are served family style at long tables with 2/3 families sitting together so it was easy to get to socialise as is the fact we were offered a choice of full/half day/scenic rides so again you rode with different people. We are allocated a horse for the week and since they have 108 horses and 50 guests, the horses are well rested and obviously very well cared for. Our daughters are 17 and 20 and they were very concerned whether there would be others of their age group. Since the Ranch employs over 20 young wranglers/councillors aged 19-22, my girls had no complaints. We spent a fantastic day white water rafting! and they had activities every evening like line dancing, steak bbq, hay ride/western sing song, carnival and staff talent show. There is a hot tub and a small pool, a good way to ease those aching muscles! The highlight for me was the breakfast ride where we ate breakfast on the top of a mountain! Wonderful food, photo opportunity beautiful scenery and then the ride back down! Thank you Randy Sue for calming my nerves! I felt great that I managed it and yes I know the horses don't want to fall either. Oh and there was also Cattle round up- I have never laughed so much and no my team did not win! I hope to keep intouch with many of the lovely people we met and hope to return one day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
29 Thank fayattheranches
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
The Vintage Resort Hotel & Conference Center
Ute Trail Motel
Ute Trail Motel
#2 of 3 in Hot Sulphur Springs

Been to Drowsy Water Ranch? Share your experiences!