“Top of my list”
Review of C Lazy U Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granby
C Lazy U Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Granby B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 5, 2010

Wow what a team! In twenty years of traveling to exciting places to create beautiful pictures, I've never experienced better service. These folks should write a book.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2009

My family started going to C Lazy U in the summer after my birth in 1969. We went in August and loved it so much that we returned every summer after that for about 20 years! We stayed in the same charming cabin, 'Rainbow West' every time we vacationed at the ranch. The length of our visits were not for the standard one week. We stayed for three weeks each summer! I don't know if the phrase is still used these days but the ranch's accomodations were called, 'rustic elegance'. It's gotten more luxurious since.

One of the greatest things about the ranch is their staff. They did and still do go 'above and beyond' to make your stay truly first class. Employees are intelligent, extremely hard working, courteous and very focused on their guests having the best vacation they have ever taken.

My family made life long frriends with fellow guests who came back year after year every Summer to enjoy everything the ranch has to offer.
My older brother Peter and I also worked there during the summers of the 80's and 90's. Peter was one of the first former guests to be hired on as staff. Since then a lot of former guest's sons and daughters have done the same. I had as much fun working there as I did as a guest; although the housekeepers never made my bed when I was on staff, lol.

Having visited the ranch a few years ago, I saw that it is still an incredible vacation destination! I

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

There is something magical about the CLazyU Dude Ranch in Granby, Colorado. It had something for everyone in our family - horse back riding, fly fishing (Orvis endorsed), a one of a kind spa on the river, hiking, mountain biking, tennis, zip line, climbing wall and ropes course, not to mention incredible food and nightly entertainment. Each of our three children went into the kids/teen program everyday and rode horses with kids their age. They made friends with kids from all over the world and they cried when we left. They fell in love with their counselors who were college students working a dream job. That allowed my husband and I to spend quality time together doing fun activities. We didn't have to arrange reservations, entertainment, food - they did it all!! We all agreed that it was the best vacation of our life and cannot wait to get back!

Reviewed August 4, 2009

This is the best family vacation we have ever experienced. My children (4) all told us they will give up any vacation if we can keep coming back. The kids program is amazing, the horse program equally so and there were so many other things to do, we didn't vhave time to do them all. Great Spa, Ropes Course and Zip line. The food is a wonderful surprise and the staff made us all feel very special every minute. In this day and age, this is a unique place for a family to be together and every one of us, no matter what the age, had an incredable time. That is rare today, usually someone is not happy on a family vacation, not here - it's the opposite. We will come back every year and can't wait.

Reviewed July 7, 2009

Just got back from a 4th of July weekend getaway at the Ranch and all I can say its "AMAZING" first time ever that my children (6 and 8) cried and did not wanted to leave the place. the counselors and the wranglers are really good with kids. My 8 yr old boy has never done horseback riding and after 3 hrs at the ranch he was asking me to let him participate in the "shodeo" a show put together by the wranglers, it was fun to see him control a horse so good. My wife and I will be back again and again whenever possible for we have never seen our kids so happy and unwilling to leave the places we go. food was great and the attention to detail from employees is impecable. Best place ever!!!

Reviewed August 26, 2007

Based on a recommendation from friends we had the best all-around family vacation ever. I've been to a number of ranches & CLU is my favorite -- it does so much so well. Hospitality is a key goal & everyone on the staff was friendly & worked hard to ensure that guests had a good time (especially the kids' counselors). I'm an avid rider & the riding is excellent: well trained horses maintained by caring staff , great instruction and a variety of interesting rides in small groups. For those who chose not to ride there is tennis, hiking, fishing, the pool & just hanging out. The pool is warm (not true at many resorts) & there are two hot tubs too (one family, one adult). Rooms have comfy beds (with feather underbeds), lots of toiletries and ours had a fireplace. The food is quite good, especially breakfast which is made to order (you name it, they'll make it). The main lodge has wonderfuly views and a mix of group spaces & cozy nooks. My kids (4, 8 & 10) had a blast. The kids have their own program which took me a bit to get used to but I could see how much fun they had. If you want to spend more time with your kids it is easy to simply do an activity with them (other than riding which is separate). Certainly having a grown up dinner every night is a real treat. While we ate the kids played group games such as capture the flag -- this is not a ranch where kids veg out at a movie.
Again, we can't recommend the ranch enough & have made plans to come back again next year. (as an aside to the country club review: do folks drink at CLU? Yes, at dinner but it was a shared bottle of wine in moderation & not shots of whiskey . CLU has enough guests so that everyone can find common friends without being impersonal.)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 3, 2006

My Husband and I love to take our family on many different types of vacations and have been to many exciting places. We enjoyed the dude ranches we visited in the past, but had heard so much about the C lazy U we thought we had found a perfect place for our family. The cabins are nice, the mountains are beautiful, and the food was average. What I knew after the first day is that we had picked the wrong place for us. The C Lazy U is very similar to a country club. The children are wisked away by a young staff that may or may not like children. Our children were not allowed to eat any meal with us except breakfast. This would be fine with me if it gave me time with my husband or time to meet new friends. However, we were dining at the end of tables that were filled with family gatherings. If you don't enjoy social drinks you will be surrounded by peolple that do. Everything in my suitcase was too casual for dinner, it's a white slacks and black blouse type evening. The other dude ranches were able to provide our children with counselors that loved children and horses, family entertainment, and romantic time as well. If you love the country club at home, never want to be bothered by your children, love social hour, and aren't looking for a warm and friendly staff, this is your place. As for us, children grow up way too fast to miss making memories with them on vacation, we hang our hat someplace else.

• Stayed: July 2005
47  Thank lov2vacationl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
Base Camp One by Alpine Resort
Kicking Horse Lodges
Kicking Horse Lodges
#9 of 9 in Granby

Been to C Lazy U Ranch? Share your experiences!