“Amazing family vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of C Lazy U Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granby
C Lazy U Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Granby B&B and Inns
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Amazing family vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

This place exceeded my expectations on every level. The food, activities, horseback riding, people, staff, all of it. Some of the family was apprehensive about riding. They were paired with horses the were perfect. Getting to know the other guests was also part of the fun. The kids club was amazing. The counselors were so fun. We plan to go again next year.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy S
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, September 16, 2014
Dear Amy S,

Thank you for taking the time to review C Lazy U; I am so pleased your experience exceeded your expectations. Our world-class riding program is always a guest favorite, and I am glad we were able to pair each member of your family with the perfect horse. I am also pleased that you were able to not only enjoy the company of your family, but also other guests and staff members during your stay. We can’t wait to see you and your family back in the saddle next year.

David Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We just returned from another amazing family vacation week at the ranch. Always fun. Always delicious food, great staff and wonderful activities. Met a whole new group of interesting and lovely folks - I always say that the c lazy u is NOT the place for you if you want to be alone and keep to yourselves. Meeting new people is practically a requirement there!
Kids have a great time too of course.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated cabin - ask for cabin close to the main lodge if you want to be closer to activit...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lgspc
Dear LindaSkiGirl,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent visit to C Lazy U; we could not be more grateful for your continued patronage. I am pleased you find C Lazy U to be a great place for socializing, as our extensive activities menu and family-style dining program are meant to create a sense of community amongst guests. I am also pleased your children continue to enjoy their time on the ranch. We hope to see your entire family return for the fifth consecutive year.

Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We took our family to the C Lazy U the week of July 4th and had an unbelievable time! I went to this ranch in the 80s growing up, then worked there as a kids’ counselor during college, and always hoped to bring my own kids someday. After an 18 year hiatus, I finally did! What an incredible week…I was nervous that there would be a lot of changes (and there certainly were some – mostly for the better) But honestly, far more is the same as when I first fell in love with the ranch at 8 years old. It sounds cliché, but this is truly a vacation that is “fun for the whole family”. From my 65 yr old mother to my 2-yr-old daughter, everyone had an amazing week with different aspects that were their “favorite things”. For me, it was the tradition, the setting, the top-notch riding program, and the FOOD! My husband isn’t into horseback riding, but he loved the daily guided mountain biking, tennis, and fly fishing with Klaus. Our older girls (8 and 6) loved having their own horse for a whole week, plenty of freedom, and lots of kids their ages. My little one loved feeling like a big girl shadowing the 3-5 program with our nanny (the Ranch doesn’t allow kids under 3 without a nanny/babysitter—kind of a bummer, but they do offer ½ price rates for the nanny, and kids under 3 are free).

Some highlights:
--I grew up with horses, and this remains the best vacation riding program (including other ranches) I have ever experienced. Bill Fisher has been with the ranch for 50 years and has an uncanny talent for matching each rider with the right horse according to ability and goals. The program caters to beginners through expert riders, and the fast rides do not disappoint. I’m also highly impressed with the quality of horses and how well they are cared for.
--The food is top-notch, if a tad on the heavy side… We are foodies (will try anything, no allergies/restrictions) and did not have one disappointing meal at the ranch. The sommelier is lovely – she admits she is still learning but strives to match wines with each guest’s palate and budget. There was also a very fun and informative wine tasting one evening.
--The kids' program is outstanding. My kids adored their counselors and loved the freedom that the ranch affords. It’s freedom with safety and limits, but it seemed HUGE to our girls who are barely allowed to cross the street by themselves in our neighborhood outside of Boston.

All in all, I cannot speak highly enough of the ranch and the staff’s tireless commitment to providing outstanding customer service. Can’t wait to go back next summer!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lauren B
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Lauren B,

I cannot express how thankful I am for your informative review detailing your Fourth of July vacation at C Lazy U. It is always a treat when former guests return to our ranch years later, but it is quite another to have a former guest and employee return! I am pleased you found the ranch’s changes to be to your liking. We have made a diligent effort to maintain our traditions and authentic setting, while still offering the amenities and luxuries expected by today’s travelers. We are celebrating our 95th anniversary this year, and are so happy to hear you felt we continue to provide guests with the perfect family getaway, through a wide variety of activities (for both horseback riders, and non-horseback riders alike), delicious food and ample time for families to reconnect. I am pleased you found the special programming we offered for the Fourth of July week to be fun, interesting and enjoyable. We can’t wait to see you again next summer and look forward to making memories with your family for years to come.

Haiku, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

I can't say enough about this fabulous ranch. We had one of our best vacations at C lazy U !!!.
The staff , horses , accommodations , and food are 5 star !. The kids program is amazing as well.
There is so much to do and choose from.each day. The riding fits any ability, and you may pick slow med or fast ride so experienced and none experienced riders are accommodated . Our wrangler Ashley was great , and always had a big smile on her face!! Again all the staff goes beyond the call to take care of their guest , we can't wait to go back!!!
ALOHA
LISA C

1 Thank lisa c
Dear Lisa C,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at C Lazy U Ranch; we are so pleased you and your family thoroughly enjoyed your time with us. It sounds as though you were able to experience many of the best aspects of C Lazy U, from our acclaimed horseback riding program and kids program to our gourmet dining. I am also pleased that our staff left such a positive, lasting impression on you. I will be sure to share your praise with Ashley, and let her know you truly enjoyed riding with her. We do hope to see you and your family again soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

What an amazing place and get away! The ranch from start to finish was one of the most memorable experiences our family ever had. They have activities for all ages and the horses are impeccably trained and cared for. The Spa is unique and the food and service is fantastic. From zip lining, to clay shooting to the pool and bets of all the horses, this ranch has it all. Staff are amazing and caring and this is a must see ranch. We will be back... congratulations to the team of C Lazy U Ranch for creating such a wonderful experience.
Thank you... T

Room Tip: They all seem to be very well located, only 40 or so rooms, all excellent views.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Thierry_T,

Thank you for writing such an enthusiastic review, I truly appreciate your feedback and kind words. While our horseback riding program is one-of-a-kind, and always a guest favorite, I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy so many of our fine ranch activities. Your compliments about our staff are especially meaningful, as we constantly strive to ensure our team delivers the 5-Spur Service for which we are known. I am pleased your family has found a new vacation spot so close to home, and hope to see you all again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Chose it because it is not just about horses. My son and I got a fly fishing lesson and shot trap for the first time. You could justify going however, just for the food. Over the top.
They also manage to hire people new to the ranch business who are exceptional at taking cafe if you. Thanks JP, Andrew, Henry, Parker, and all the others.

Stayed June 2014
Dear Em1789,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent vacation with us at C Lazy U! I am glad you all were able to experience more than just our horseback riding program, as we offer so many fun, unique activities. I am also very happy to hear that our staff took good care of you, and you thoroughly enjoyed our gourmet dining options; I will certainly pass along your kind thanks to our entire team. We hope you all will vacation with us again at C Lazy U.

Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Our family is more familiar with the urban jungle. This ranch is a luxury way yo experience the mountains, riding and other activities. We visited with our 12 year daughter and a group of other families from YPO. The experience was great. We had not done much horse riding so we had to try it out. After the first ride we were hooked.
Limited other activities as there is no real town around here.

Room Tip: Stay at Rainbow or River suite, they are close to the main activity areas
      Rooms
Dear Sandeep T,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay at C Lazy U. I am pleased you found the Ranch to be a nice break from city life, and found our horseback riding program to be to your liking. I do hope you and your family were also able to take advantage of the vast number of activities and regular programming offered on-site in addition to horseback riding, such as archery, trap shooting, mountain biking, ropes course, swimming, tennis, yoga, evening entertainment and more. We hope to see you and your family at the ranch again soon!

David Craig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
#10 of 20 in Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to C Lazy U Ranch? Share your experiences!