All reviews trap shooting ropes course horseback riding family vacation skeet shooting kids program corporate retreat new friends fly fishing the barn talent show head wrangler hatchet throwing other guests wood burning fireplace kids and adults year olds
Reviewed October 24, 2013

When your kids tell you that you're too old to go horseback riding at a Dude Ranch, don't listen to them. This was one of the best vacations ever. The staff, food, lodging and activities were outstanding. 18,000 acres of the most beautiful scenery imaginable. A different riding trail each day, gourmet dining and the friendliest and most knowledgeable staff on Earth. My only regret was in leaving.

Room tip: Our cabin was the farthest from the Lodge. It was great....peaceful, remote and the walk helped ease the guilt of the special deserts.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Rob S
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Rob S,

Thank you for taking the time to review the C Lazy U after your family's recent visit. I'm very happy to hear you didn't let your kids talk you out of taking full advantage of all the activities the Ranch has to offer – and that you enjoyed everything you experienced, from the riding and dining, to the service our team provided. We sincerely hope to have your family back for another visit soon.

David Craig,

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The ranch is beautiful. In the fall, apparently all of the cabins are the same price so I asked for something great. I was put in a two bedroom cabin with my husband (surprise bd trip for him) but the second bedroom was locked. A fireplace in the room but only one chair, in front of the bed. No fruit or evening turndown as the website boasts. Food was great and service was friendly. Upon checkout was shocked to see $130 service fee per day - never previously disclosed.

Room tip: Be sure to find out all costs prior to travel.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Liida
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Liida,

Thank you kindly for the review you posted after your recent visit to C Lazy U. I appreciate the feedback you've provided, thereby allowing us the opportunity to improve. First of all, I'm pleased you enjoyed the Ranch's views, service and cuisine. Our cabins are designed to be "lock-offs," so we can open and close them as the size of the party dictates; however, we can often make this extra space available, and I regret that we did not have a discussion on property so we might have done so for you. We will absolutely review the furniture in that cabin, and see if we can't add an additional chair. It certainly makes good sense that if there are two guests there ought to be at least two chairs. In the lower demand periods of the year we sometimes eliminate turndown service, thereby enabling us to offer reduced rates. Clearly this needs to be defined in the booking process, and we will make sure we adjust accordingly. On a side note, we are happy to offer that service at any time, based upon request. We've recently changed our fruit offering to a house-made trail mix and a jar of caramels. Although we offer complimentary fruit in the Outfitters Cabin, we'll be sure to make this correction on our website. Since we are a "no tipping" property, we add a service fee, which is a percentage of your room rate. This is articulated in our confirmation letters and we should be sharing that information verbally during the reservations process. I sincerely regret the misunderstanding – no one wants that kind of surprise! – and I will review the procedures with the Ranch team to ensure we are clearly stating the details of this charge, and any other, up front.

Thank you again for feedback. I hope I have satisfactorily addressed your comments, and I invite you to call me at your convenience if you'd like to discuss your visit further. Otherwise, we hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were at C Lazy U for a destination wedding weekend. Every thing one can imagine was taken care of! The staff is incredible - pleasant, patient, knowledgeable, helpful and fun! Kudos to them for an incredible staff! The accomodations were fabulous - love that every room is different, cozy and beds were very comfortable. Food was great - the wedding events were spectacular and the horseback riding was amazing. I would highly recommend this for a family vacation, for anyone who loves the outdoors, incredible scenery and for anyone who appreciates great staff! THey provided a truly memorable weekend.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear mudhens28,

Thanks for taking the time to write this kind review. I'm happy that you enjoyed C Lazy U's accommodations, dining, and most importantly, that the staff and service you encountered here left a lasting impression. We're pleased that the wedding weekend was memorable, and hope you'll join us as our guest again in the future!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We took 75 people to C Lazy U for our corporate retreat. The experience was truly amazing. Our team thoroughly enjoyed all the activities at the ranch, which are too numerous to mention in this review. In addition, the ranch created an Amazing Race for our city slicker attendees. Everyone really enjoyed the unique events they would never find in a big city (archery, building a fire, hatchet throwing, ropes course, skeet shooting, etc) Switching to the food, the cuisine was terrific. Dennis and his team provided 5 star quality food. And his team was flexible in providing meals in several different venues - a private home, the indoor arena, the woodsie overlook and at the main lodge restaurant. The ranch wine list was extensive and the homemade cocktails were also wonderful. Finally, from a service perspective, the C Lazy U team was amazing !! They are incredibly service minded, flexible and went out of their way to make sure our experience was exceptional. I have been to a ton of resorts/hotels over the past 20 years and they rival the best of the best in service in a "down home" style. I would recommend C Lazy U to anyone considering a corporate retreat and intend to return with my family as well.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Sean B
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Sean B,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. The Ranch has long been a favorite for corporate and group retreats, and I'm glad your experience was no exception. I'm pleased that your group enjoyed the many unique activities C lazy U can orchestrate for groups, as well as its dining options and the service you encountered. We look forward to having you back, with your family in tow!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was privileged to be part of the bridal party for my friends wedding. From the moment we arrived on the ranch, the service was excellent. The staff instantly made me feel welcome and relaxed. The food was incredible, the rooms were clean and cozy and the activities were so much fun. The horseback rides were great and so scenic. I would especially like to thank Jackie, Shelby (aka Sheila), Paige, Matt, Dale, Tammy and Mackenzie for being so attentive, patient and kind with all of my countless requests. I absolutely recommend C Lazy U Ranch for any wedding, special event or an amazing vacation. Thank you all so much for making this weekend beyond memorable. See you soon!

Becky S.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Becky S.,

Thank you for your feedback; we were more than happy to assist with your requests, and very much enjoyed having your group at the Ranch. I will be sure to personally share you compliments with Jackie, Shelby, Paige, Matt, Dale, Tammy and Mackenzie. We hope you'll return and stay with us again.