“Truly Amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of C Lazy U Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granby
C Lazy U Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Granby B&B and Inns
Ohio
“Truly Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were at C Lazy U for a destination wedding weekend. Every thing one can imagine was taken care of! The staff is incredible - pleasant, patient, knowledgeable, helpful and fun! Kudos to them for an incredible staff! The accomodations were fabulous - love that every room is different, cozy and beds were very comfortable. Food was great - the wedding events were spectacular and the horseback riding was amazing. I would highly recommend this for a family vacation, for anyone who loves the outdoors, incredible scenery and for anyone who appreciates great staff! THey provided a truly memorable weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear mudhens28,

Thanks for taking the time to write this kind review. I'm happy that you enjoyed C Lazy U's accommodations, dining, and most importantly, that the staff and service you encountered here left a lasting impression. We're pleased that the wedding weekend was memorable, and hope you'll join us as our guest again in the future!

David Craig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
McLean, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We took 75 people to C Lazy U for our corporate retreat. The experience was truly amazing. Our team thoroughly enjoyed all the activities at the ranch, which are too numerous to mention in this review. In addition, the ranch created an Amazing Race for our city slicker attendees. Everyone really enjoyed the unique events they would never find in a big city (archery, building a fire, hatchet throwing, ropes course, skeet shooting, etc) Switching to the food, the cuisine was terrific. Dennis and his team provided 5 star quality food. And his team was flexible in providing meals in several different venues - a private home, the indoor arena, the woodsie overlook and at the main lodge restaurant. The ranch wine list was extensive and the homemade cocktails were also wonderful. Finally, from a service perspective, the C Lazy U team was amazing !! They are incredibly service minded, flexible and went out of their way to make sure our experience was exceptional. I have been to a ton of resorts/hotels over the past 20 years and they rival the best of the best in service in a "down home" style. I would recommend C Lazy U to anyone considering a corporate retreat and intend to return with my family as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sean B
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Sean B,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent stay with us. The Ranch has long been a favorite for corporate and group retreats, and I'm glad your experience was no exception. I'm pleased that your group enjoyed the many unique activities C lazy U can orchestrate for groups, as well as its dining options and the service you encountered. We look forward to having you back, with your family in tow!

Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was privileged to be part of the bridal party for my friends wedding. From the moment we arrived on the ranch, the service was excellent. The staff instantly made me feel welcome and relaxed. The food was incredible, the rooms were clean and cozy and the activities were so much fun. The horseback rides were great and so scenic. I would especially like to thank Jackie, Shelby (aka Sheila), Paige, Matt, Dale, Tammy and Mackenzie for being so attentive, patient and kind with all of my countless requests. I absolutely recommend C Lazy U Ranch for any wedding, special event or an amazing vacation. Thank you all so much for making this weekend beyond memorable. See you soon!

Becky S.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Becky S.,

Thank you for your feedback; we were more than happy to assist with your requests, and very much enjoyed having your group at the Ranch. I will be sure to personally share you compliments with Jackie, Shelby, Paige, Matt, Dale, Tammy and Mackenzie. We hope you'll return and stay with us again.

Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I write a lot of reviews, and a 3 star location can be a 4 star experience, and a 5 star can be a 2 star experience. This is a 5 star location with a 6 star experience. I will try to give tips that I think are helpful, but overall, WOW. The images of Colorado by horseback, and I mean riding hard across the range, and I mean I am NOT an equestrian, well maybe I am now, but holy cow, this one is just hard to describe the beauty and excitement.

We went to Estes for a couple of days and drove over Trail Ridge Road to Granby. I am a little queasy over mountains, but a pretty drive. Granby is nothing with poor choice in restaurants. We should have waited and caught lunch at the ranch, which they will offer day one if you arrive around noon -1:00, though your room may not be ready yet, ours was.
Driving up, you are met by one of the property managers and welcome staff who quickly get you to your cabin, offer you food, check on your scheduled activities and answer questions. Take advantage of asking questions, because there isn't a lot of details on how the place works like a cruise ship newsletter. You sign up, you show up, and you have a great time. I am more Type A and would rather have a bit more information. Such as, they don't give you keys to the room unless you ask, no one does, and nothing was taken. What about tipping? They add 20% to your bill at the end (I think...) and give you wooden nickels to hand to special staff who earn redeemable gift certificates, though I had to ask. But you quickly acclimate to the low key, low stress beauty of the place.

There are no TVs, cell phone service is spotty, but no concerns with internet in the room. All of these were a blessing. I had to let my work know my main source of communication was e mail, changed my message on my phone that I was out of range in the mountains and contact me by e mail which I would check, and then I forgot about the day to day since no one could reach me anyway. I heard Verizon folks had ok connection. We were on ATT and Sprint, very little luck with reception.

Our room at Sunset C was furthest back, but that means a full block away from the action, which was fine. I would prefer a little closer, as you find yourself going back to your room to change a lot, River looked nice, but our room was new, clean and well equipped. Front room had a REAL fireplace (love wood burning with plenty of logs) a King Bed, small table with 3 chairs and 2 chairs by the fireplace. Full bathroom, regular tub. Back room had 2 bunk beds, one a double and one a single, meaning 4 kids could sleep there, but nice to have a double size for the teens. They too had a bathroom with a shower. Mattresses and sheets 5 star quality, very comfy. Outside, a rocking chair and other chair to read or relax, nice. Sleeping with the windows open is a treat, and totally quiet until about 6 am when the cowboys and girls start to move the horses and get ready for their guests. The room was hot when we had a fire, well duh, but sometimes harder to cool down. We had nice weather for August, may not normally be a problem most of the year. We had ice always in the bucket provided for us, a small frig, a kuerig coffee maker (need more regular, less decaf options) and granola. We kept some snacks in the room for kids which I recommend. Also, you are welcome to bring your own drinks and store at your cabin. This can save a couple of bucks. If anything, we liked to play games as a family at night, and the 3 person table was inconvenient, but a very nice room.

They park your car about 3 blocks away for you, so be sure to get everything out. You have access if you need it, just a tip. Keeps the cars out of site which is nice.

Pool is clean and relaxing with a bar 5 feet away. Hot tub very nice, never crowded. The concierge will e mail you for requests about a week early, make sure you use this service. Paige was terrific. We were able to get boots on loan which we all loved for the week. Not pretty but comfy, and they will run out so you want to reserve these early if you can or bring your own. They don't want you with tennis shoes on the horses and for good reason, you will RIDE and need the heels of the boots. We also signed up for our rides, archery and ropes course, which did fill up, so glad we signed up.

I cant imagine riding twice per day, walking after our morning ride took a bit of effort and we all had bruises and were sore. don't get me wrong, thats because we rode hard, and we loved it, and when you only do something once a year, of course you will be sore. But I would recommend the ride in the morning when the weather is most likely to be cooperative (rains in Colorado frequently in afternoon) and activities in afternoon. If you do have to switch it up, likely not a big deal. They assign a horse based on your level and do their best to keep you on that horse during your stay. We were there a week after all kids activities shut down but it was fine and they still offered kids rides. We liked staying together as a family and our 9 year old was great on her horse keeping up through all the trotting and loping.

The food, oh my! Breakfast is a buffet or you can order of the menu, but the buffet was easy and plentiful. Those blackberries are delicious! Cowboy Coffee by the fire in the early morning is worth the trek to the lodge for a cup, the ambiance is special. Lunch by the pool was my favorite meal because the selections of salads, desserts and main course were varied and bountiful. Awesome. The cocktail hour and appetizers are no big deal, a small bar and all the alcohol will add up on your bill, but quaint. The dinners are family style, which normally isnt our preference, but we found you wanted to talk to people about your day and we ended up getting to know about 3 families pretty well. I understand why people come back year after year and start choosing the same week to catch up with new friends. It is just that pleasant. Dinners are an event and not to ever be missed. Always a delicious, innovative salad, bread (do Not go carbless this week), fish, meat, veggies, potatoes and dessert. The evening programs were on the weak side, but we were on an off week as previously mentioned with a corporate group there. So instead, we went back to the cabin, played games with our kids, because there is NO TV, which we loved, and we were all exhausted and went to bed by 11.

The rides are spectacular. We loved the Yellow Brick road but we also loved going to reservoir. Lakes, mountains, woods, animals, places for long lopes and mountain vistas. I can just picture it now a week later, and I want to go back. And that is the key, you WANT to go back. There are a few special places where it calls your name to return, and that is the C Lazy U. I KNOW we will return, and my family will want to bring their children some day, because we all agreed this was one of the best of the best we have ever experienced.

I am happy to answer questions if I can.

Room Tip: They are all good, dont worry
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank wysfam
Dear wysfam,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful and informative review of C Lazy U. I'm so pleased that the Ranch left such an impression on your family, and that you took full advantage of all it has to offer while here. We really enjoyed having you, and are very much looking forward to welcoming you and your family back for years to come.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We chose the C Lazy U Ranch for our wedding venue, partly because of the magnificent view from the “Woodsie Overlook,” where we held our open-air ceremony, and partly because we were impressed during our scouting expedition with the friendliness and dedication of the staff. We rented the entire ranch privately for the wedding weekend, which included the services of wedding extraordinaire, Jackie, who made everything absolutely beautiful (from flowers to place settings and other decor). The staff were genuinely cheerful and gracious and always willing to help out with last minute emergencies (a plastic flower for the bride’s hairdo, an extra sturdy chair for Dad, etc). As a result, all the wedding functions passed off without a hitch. The cabins were comfortable and featured wood fireplaces (the wood is pre-chopped). The food was excellent. Guests enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere and informality of the place, their ability to mix wedding functions with leisure activities (e.g., in the evening many guests remained welded to the edge of the hot tub), and the most unexpected of the guests could be enticed to the archery range or onto a horse. We highly recommend this terrific ranch for weddings, or just for a fun week of riding and relaxing. We'll continue to go back as often as often as we can, and we'll always have C Lazy U to thank for making our wedding fun, comfortable, and truly special.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole S
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Nicole,

First, congratulations on your marriage! We were truly honored to be a part of your celebration – thank you for trusting C Lazy U with your special day. We are pleased that your friends and family enjoyed the Ranch's accommodations, cuisine and range of activities, and elated to hear that the weekend was flawless. We look forward to your return visits for years to come.

Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Amazing place. Great accommodations and fabulous food. Great counselors for the kids and wranglers for the horseback rides. Horsemanship clinics in the afternoon - roping lessons with Tyler. And a great vibe celebrated through branding by the fire, the cocktail party at the owner's residence, the carnival, the western show and a terrific talent show put on by the staff and kids.

Room Tip: Decide if you want to sleep near the festivities or further away
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear jckurtz,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed so many of the activities offered here, as well as the dining and accommodations. Most importantly, however, I'm pleased you enjoyed the people at C Lazy U, who help make the ranch such a special place. We hope to have you and your family back again!

Portola Valley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

C Lazy U Ranch is a beautiful dude ranch located in Northern Colorado. Our family was there for a 4-day stay. We loved the range of activities available, the beautiful setting, the interesting and considerate other guests and the magnificent staff/service. The food is outstanding. The daily run of their more than 100 horses from the barn to pasture is quite extraordinary and fun for the whole family. The trail rides are beautiful and the scenery is magnificent. We enjoyed breakfast at Woodsie, a campsite a short walk from the main quarters. This is a wonderful place to go for the entire family.

Room Tip: We stayed in Sunset and we enjoyed being close (easy walking distance) to the main dining lodge and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
C_Lazy_U_Ranch, General Manager at C Lazy U Ranch, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Cookie2008_04,

Thank you for your kind review of the Ranch. We enjoyed having your family with us this summer. We’re happy you enjoyed so much of what the Ranch has to offer – from the setting, the activities, and the dining, to the Ranch “family” – our amazing staff and guests. I’m happy you also enjoyed the “jingle” (the horses’ daily run to pasture and back) as well. It’s a favorite amongst our guests. We hope to have you and your family back again soon.

David Craig,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
#10 of 20 in Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to C Lazy U Ranch? Share your experiences!