“Magical and Memorable”
Review of C Lazy U Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granby
C Lazy U Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Granby B&B and Inns
Centennial, Colorado
“Magical and Memorable”
Reviewed March 25, 2011

We went to the C Lazy U for Ranch Rhapsody. It was magical, memorable, and one of the best experiences ever! The setting is spectacular! Everyone on the staff was so friendly, helpful, and attentive - we truly felt pampered! Our room was delightful - luxurious and cozy. The food was 5-star fabulous and delicious. There are so many different activities - something new, fun, exciting, or relaxing for everyone and for all ages.

We enjoyed sitting on our deck watching a sky full of stars and the sun rise and set over the beautiful panorama. Our proximity to the stables made it possible to watch the spectacle of all of the horses coming in from the pastures in the morning and going out to the pastures at the end of the day. We were just there for a weekend, but we managed to also squeeze in a fabulous mountain horse back ride and some skeet shooting in addition to participating in the song-writing and jam sessions (which were incredible experiences themselves!).

We highly recommend the C Lazy U for a truly unique and enjoyable experience!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joyoux

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 15, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a dude ranch to take our kids to last summer and found C Lazy U to be the perfect fit! :-) The kids program is great and they learned so much about horses and ranch life. My husband and I also had a relaxing time horseback riding and enjoying the mountain view. We are going back this summer and can't wait!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank familyofhorses
Denver, CO
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed here for a long weekend with my extended family and a group of their friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an action packed vacation. At no point during my time here did I feel bored or hungry. For families with younger children, you may either bring them along on your activities, or leave them to do a variety of activities. My personal favorite activity was snowmobiling, but cross country skiing was amazing as well. Food was amazing, staff was Accommodating and Friendly. I have stayed at many dude ranches, but this on takes the cake.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank adewi14
Missouri
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Our family has stayed at the CLU a number of times through the years and always have an wonderful time. The food is AMAZING, the cabins are charmng and the staff is exceptional. The setting is unbelievable. Our boys love it there and hope to be ranch hands someday! The folks at the CLU have thought of everything. It is the ultimate in rustic elegance. I can't think of any other resort that we want to return to on a regular basis. The winter months are just as nice as the summer and offer so many activities: snow shoeing, cross country skiing, downhill skiing in their own snowcat and private runs, sledding, broom ball, trail rides, hay wagon rides, bonfires, etc. It's truly magical!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have been going to C Lazy U Ranch my whole life (17 years) and each year seems to be better than the previous. The teen program keeps you occupied throughout the week with tons of fun activities like camping out, doing the ropes course, going to a rodeo, playing capture the flag, spending a day at Winter Park, and of course a morning and afternoon ride everyday-- you will never find yourself bored. The talent show is particularly memorable, everyone performing funny acts or dances, and tons of guests will sing or play an instrument... every year its one of the funniest parts of our trip. You get the perfect amount of family time, but also have the opportunity to meet other teens and hang with kids your age as well, which I think is one of the best parts about the ranch. The counselors are so cool and so much fun to hang out with, and its great to see many of the same staff members who come back every summer. Our family has tons of great memories from C Lazy U and we look forward to it all year. The ranch is by far our favorite vacation spot and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CBS105
new jersey
Reviewed July 12, 2010

After just returning from C Lazy U Ranch, I felt the least I could was write a review for the place. The ranch is an amazing vacation that you will not forget.

Everything from the food, to the staff, to the facilities are first class. The kids program is out of this world and as an adult, you will have the perfect balance of personal, couple and family time. While my husband and I only did one of the two rides offered a day, we always had something to do from the Ropes Course, to the spa, to fly fishing and the list goes on. The spa is a must.

Many of the cabins have been updated. Although, our cabin was not yet updated, it was still exceptionally clean and comfortable.

The owners go out of there way to make your trip unbelievable. I would say it is a once on a life time trip, but I can't because we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank funtraveler30
San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 25, 2010

This was our second trip to the C Lazy U ranch. The 8000 acre ranch backs on to another 20,000 BLM land. With fly fishing running through the ranch, amazing horses and great hospitality. We would be back next year. The kids love the ranch and actually cry when they leave.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank denham_10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
The Canyon Motel
The Canyon Motel
#1 of 3 in Hot Sulphur Springs

Been to C Lazy U Ranch? Share your experiences!