“Great Place for my Kids!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of C Lazy U Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Granby
C Lazy U Ranch
Ranked #1 of 4 Granby B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Place for my Kids!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a dude ranch to take our kids to last summer and found C Lazy U to be the perfect fit! :-) The kids program is great and they learned so much about horses and ranch life. My husband and I also had a relaxing time horseback riding and enjoying the mountain view. We are going back this summer and can't wait!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank familyofhorses

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

I stayed here for a long weekend with my extended family and a group of their friends. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for an action packed vacation. At no point during my time here did I feel bored or hungry. For families with younger children, you may either bring them along on your activities, or leave them to do a variety of activities. My personal favorite activity was snowmobiling, but cross country skiing was amazing as well. Food was amazing, staff was Accommodating and Friendly. I have stayed at many dude ranches, but this on takes the cake.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank adewi14
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Our family has stayed at the CLU a number of times through the years and always have an wonderful time. The food is AMAZING, the cabins are charmng and the staff is exceptional. The setting is unbelievable. Our boys love it there and hope to be ranch hands someday! The folks at the CLU have thought of everything. It is the ultimate in rustic elegance. I can't think of any other resort that we want to return to on a regular basis. The winter months are just as nice as the summer and offer so many activities: snow shoeing, cross country skiing, downhill skiing in their own snowcat and private runs, sledding, broom ball, trail rides, hay wagon rides, bonfires, etc. It's truly magical!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

I have been going to C Lazy U Ranch my whole life (17 years) and each year seems to be better than the previous. The teen program keeps you occupied throughout the week with tons of fun activities like camping out, doing the ropes course, going to a rodeo, playing capture the flag, spending a day at Winter Park, and of course a morning and afternoon ride everyday-- you will never find yourself bored. The talent show is particularly memorable, everyone performing funny acts or dances, and tons of guests will sing or play an instrument... every year its one of the funniest parts of our trip. You get the perfect amount of family time, but also have the opportunity to meet other teens and hang with kids your age as well, which I think is one of the best parts about the ranch. The counselors are so cool and so much fun to hang out with, and its great to see many of the same staff members who come back every summer. Our family has tons of great memories from C Lazy U and we look forward to it all year. The ranch is by far our favorite vacation spot and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CBS105
new jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

After just returning from C Lazy U Ranch, I felt the least I could was write a review for the place. The ranch is an amazing vacation that you will not forget.

Everything from the food, to the staff, to the facilities are first class. The kids program is out of this world and as an adult, you will have the perfect balance of personal, couple and family time. While my husband and I only did one of the two rides offered a day, we always had something to do from the Ropes Course, to the spa, to fly fishing and the list goes on. The spa is a must.

Many of the cabins have been updated. Although, our cabin was not yet updated, it was still exceptionally clean and comfortable.

The owners go out of there way to make your trip unbelievable. I would say it is a once on a life time trip, but I can't because we will be back!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank funtraveler30
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

This was our second trip to the C Lazy U ranch. The 8000 acre ranch backs on to another 20,000 BLM land. With fly fishing running through the ranch, amazing horses and great hospitality. We would be back next year. The kids love the ranch and actually cry when they leave.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank denham_10
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

I traveled to C Lazy U Ranch with my fiance and her two children, ages 10 and 15 for a four day spring break get-a-way.

From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The staff on hand was so genuine and sincere it was not to be believed. They anticipated our every need and learned all of our names - within minutes we felt as though we were being welcomed to a private home.

The list of activities we participated in boggles my mind even now - did we really accomplish all of that! We went tubing down this crazy steep hill lightening fast, with the kids screaming like they were on a roller coaster. We went snowmobiling in huge open fields on groomed cross country trails or in fresh powder. My 15 year old and I went trap shooting while her mom got a massage in their incredible spa.

C Lazy U even has their own ski mountain complete with black, blue and green runs. We could ski groomers or jump into some tree laden back country. The best part was that we were transported in a heated snow cat. Before we had even exited the cat we found our skis and snowboards already step-in ready in the snow. If we got cold we retreated to a huge 'cowboy tent' complete with wood floor, overstuffed sofas, hot chocolate and wood burning stove. Safety was a top priority as a guide came with us on every run to provide instruction or offer tips.

One of the best parts was the horseback riding. The team there have a genuine love of horses and their individualized attention was not to be beat. Horses and rides were matched with your skill level and with 11,000 acres there is no shortage of new terrain. There is something about riding a horse in gently falling snow in the peace and solitude of the Rocky Mountains that is truly romantic.

The spa itself is one of a kind. Built from reclaimed beetle kill timber milled on the ranch it is a grouping of tents similar to the ski warming tent but in addiiton to the wood burning stoves the floors are heated! Two of the tents are built over a river with glass windows in the floor so you can see the fish in the river during your massage!

My fiance and I decided we need some "quality away from the kids time" so we arranged for the cowboy bath. There are two huge copper tubs in one of the tents surrounded by candles and cool holistic music. We opened the tent flaps at the far end and watched the beautiful Rocky Mountain Range on a cool winter evening in a warm tub with a bottle of champagne.

We didn't have to worry about the kids as they made friends quickly and every evening was accompanied with great entertainment: Karaoke, country bands, movie night - you could even have you cowboy boots branded with the ranch brand.

So we got there expecting hot dogs and beans every night. Wrong! Every meal was a gourmet experience. You could order from an amazing menu for breakfast and lunch and dinner were truly inspired. We had prime rib, filet, bass, halibut, scallops to die for! It was all served 'family style' so you could have unlimited second helpings. The food quality was always flawless and absolutely exceeded our expectations!

It's hard to describe the magical place that is C Lazy U. The staff is so sincere and the activities so thoughtfully assembled - this is truly a great place to rekindle your family spirit.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Granby
Gateway Inn
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
Daven Haven Lodge & Cabins
#10 of 20 in Grand Lake
Western Riviera Lakeside Lodging & Events

Been to C Lazy U Ranch? Share your experiences!