All reviews an extended stay hotel front desk small kitchenette desk area honor system location is excellent clean towels would stay again needed a place to stay visiting family great place to stay minute drive red rocks staff was friendly laundry denver maid
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2018

It was compact, felt similar to an office, but still fit in a full fridge, bed & desk area. I think it would be great for a business traveler. The hallway had a strong cleaning supply/laundry smell, but luckily we were attending a yoga retreat & were only there to sleep. The staff was friendly & the room was clean

Room tip: Try not to be near the laundry area
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2018

Hi davidvgonz,

I welcome your thoughts and thank you for making us a part of your trip to Denver. We are grateful that you chose the Candlewood Suites.

As always, we wanted nothing more but to ensure your experience turn as positive as possible. Although I appreciate the kind words you said about our staff and perfect ratings you left us with in terms of the sleep quality and cleanliness, I'm sorry that other aspects of your stay weren't the same. I read that you found the room to be too tight and could use more space to make it more comfortable. I also came across your insights about how the hallways smelled. Yes, we are an extended stay hotel that caters mostly for business travelers but would not forget travelers stopping by to get a rest for the night. I'm sorry that this stay didn't go as well as I have hoped it to be, davidvgonz.

Don't worry, I took the necessary steps to ensure our management gets to read your post and map ways to improve what we provide. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. Having you back in the future will be the greatest reward we can ever ask and I am positive to make it better.

Best regards,

Frank A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 27, 2018

Although this is an extended stay hotel, it was a good value for our two-night stay. Rooms are clean and spacious. There is a fitness room and a snack room. The staff was helpful and friendly, and the location is excellent for interstate access and nearby restaurants.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ProfDallas
Reviewed July 20, 2018

My daughter moved to Denver so I needed a place to stay for a few days while we got her settled. I was looking for a suite type room because I knew we needed microwave's etc since we would be there awhile.
Pros: good size rooms, clean, comfortable beds, staff friendly, priced fairly
Cons: no cleaning of rooms daily or at all while we were there, you have to empty your own trash, if you want clean towels you exchange them at the front desk. When we checked in our room had no amenities- toilet paper, shampoo nothing. Then I go to make tea and there was an old coffee filter in the pot from old guest. If you want more amenities you again keep going to the desk and ask for more.
I feel if I am paying hotel rates I should get some of the perks as other hotels provide.
Clean my room and provide me with amenities that I do not need to go and get.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank emmaretto
Reviewed July 9, 2018

The front desk was extremely helpful allowing me to check in early my day of arrival. I appreciated that after traveling the day before and that morning. I highly recommend this motel for it's comfort and convenience.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank HuskerFan1022
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We stayed here on a recent business trip. The rooms are quite spacious not at all cramped. The staff are very friendly, efficient and helpful. We had a little problem with the waste disposal in the kitchen and as soon as we reported it they repaired it immediately. The kitchen was perfect for us with the full-size refrigerator. As we are very health conscious when traveling this was perfect. We were in good proximity to healthy grocery stores like Sprouts and Whole Foods and even a Target and Walmart were handy. It took about 15 minutes to get into Denver or to head out to the lovely town of Golden. The staff really make this place special and we will certainly stay again.

Date of stay: June 2018