“Good Choice”

Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We stayed here for one night between Christmas and New Year, booking using Priority Club points. We stayed here as a stopover after skiing and before out flight out of Denver

The hotel is to the west of Denver, about 30 miles from the international airport, but very close to Colorado Mills Mall, great for shopping, eating and I think there is a cinema there too

The hotel was clean, comfortable with basic kitchen amenites and the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful

My only complaint was the size of the bed against the size of the room, other than that everything was fine

• Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank CarolCochrane
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood

Reviewed October 28, 2008

We booked a studio to stay three days with my family (spouse and a 2-year old daughter). The unit was rather small and the kitchen was not fully equipped. It's OK for a business traveler who doesn't plan to cook anything but it's not the best choice for a family. The location is great if you have a car. It's close to Colorado Mills Mall, about 15 minutes from Denver downtown and close to the major atractions in the Rockies (Buffalo Bill museum, Mount Evans, etc.)
I recommend it only if you are not planning to spend a lot of hours in the unit, just breakfast and sleeping.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2008

This the best extended stay hotel I've seen. I was in town on business for 14 days and this hotel made me feel right at home. The beds are very comfortable, great linens and towels. The kitchenette is perfect, no need to eat out every night. Loved the free laundry. Plus this hotel is very quiet. No disturbances or noise at night at all. The suite is bigger than standard hotel rooms, too, making it more comfortable. Overall, for the price, it just doesn't get much better than this. Perfect for extended business trips.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank davab
Reviewed July 24, 2008

I only stayed one night here, but was very impressed with the the rooms, the ammenities in the room, and the cleanliness of the suites. I will definately stay at this and other Candlewood Suites in the future.

The manager (Donna??) was wonderful. After being delayed a day due to a cancelled flight, Donna did not charge me for the missed night and let me check in super early the nexty morning so I could shower and dress before my noon meeting. The other staff were friendly and willing to help. I really enjoyed my one night at the Candlewood Suites in Lakewood. Thanks again Donna!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank LoshWVU
Reviewed June 18, 2008

We were originally booked at the Marriott Town Place Suites just up the street from this hotel. I had seen the property online, noted the lower price and similar features, but honestly had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before and was hesitant.

When we got into town we stopped at the Marriott Town Place and looked around, and then thought, what the heck, let’s look at this property. We were first greeted by the general manager who was working the desk, and the warm, inviting greeting was a pleasant surprise. She showed us the one room suite and I was impressed, it was extremely clean, extremely nice, and much better than the Marriott. We than spent some time checking dates and availability, again outstanding customer service. It was an easy decision, book with Candelwood Suites and cancel with Marriott.

Our stay, each and every person behind the desk was so helpful and so friendly. The room was extremely clean, the kitchen was well stocked and everything almost seemed brand new. The facility was clean everywhere and very quite. It honestly felt like I was home. I can’t forget to mention the bed, wow was it soft and comfortable!

My wife and I come to Denver a lot to visit her brother and our new god daughter. I will only ever stay at your property! I travel the nation almost every week and stay in hotels almost 20 nights a month, and this was honestly the best I have ever stayed at!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2008

My husband and I were on a vacation in Denver and we stayed at this hotel to be close to Red Rocks. We had only planned to stay at this hotel for one night, but enjoyed it so much we came back for another night.

The room itself was very clean, no noticeable smells (as noted in a previous review). We really liked having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The bed was incredibly comfortable and very similar to our own. The decor looked fairly new, no outdated floral prints here!

The hotel is within driving distance to a new shopping area. (It's a 5-10 minute drive) We easily found a SuperTarget and lots of restaurants.

We paid an average of $100/night at this hotel. We thought this was a reasonable price for what was offered. We'll definitely stay again the next time we visit!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2008

After checking in, the clerk let me know that they serve breakfast on Wednesday morning. (I found out that was coffee and Donuts in the lobby when I showed up.)

I changed rooms 2 times within 5 minutes of checking in. The first room had a smell that I could not even describe. Maybe mold. The second room was so smoky I had to get out of there immediately. So I settled for the third room. Since my partner had the bedroom, I had the sofa sleeper in the living room. I opened the sleeper up and just about threw up. The mattress had no mattress pad, stains and dirt on the mattress and springs popping through. The sheets are in the closet so I am glad I could see what the mattress looked like. I grabbed the mattress and threw it out in the hallway and called the desk. I was told that the Maintenance Dept would be in the next day to replace it. I told them that was not Acceptable. So they brought me up another mattress. again no mattress pad. A little cleaner but a few springs sticking up. I was so tired I could not move again. I did go down to the desk and load up on blankets and bedspreads to use as padding on the mattress so I could cover the springs coming up through the mattress. There were springs missing from the foot of the bed which holds the bed together so the foot of the bed sagged and I had to put the coffee table under the foot just to keep the bed together. Whew!!

(positive)TV nice, lots of free movies to rent dvd and vhs(good), kitchen well supplied, internet connection convenient.

Make sure you get enough towels. Had to go down a few times and exchange them.

I don't know if I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business