“Typical Hampton with a Modern Twist”

Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room was beautiful. Very modern and clean and a nice size. The bathroom was well appointed and very modern. We had a small refrigerator. Wireless was free and breakfast too. When we were there it was oddly full and breakfast was a nightmare. I have never seen a Hampton breakfast so crazy. They were out of everything and the one girl just could not keep up with the demand. There was nowhere to sit or even to stand. It seems like the area is very large so I imagine it is usually not like this. Not sure what happened that day. Another oddity for us was finding the place. We GPSed it and ended up driving around. It sits back in the shopping area. It isn’t right on Colfax. I think maybe there was a Home Depot or something in that plaza. My husband and I arrived separately and both had trouble finding it. There was a pool and a laundry area which both looked nice but we didn’t get to use either.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear HollyA, Thank you for reviewing the Hampton Inn Golden. We do appreciate you taking the time to do so. As for the directions you are correct. The Hampton Inn Golden does sit back off Colfax and Inter Plaza West is the actual street name where you turn into the hotel and shopping center. There is a Home Depot that is just east of the hotel which sometimes helps with locating us. If for some reason there is ever an issue finding us please give the hotel a call at 303-278-6600. We are experts in getting our guest here. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden

Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I went to Red Rocks and this hotel was located only 5 miles away. The staff at check-in were nice and quickly checked us in. Our room was clean and quite. The furniture and bathroom was showing some wear and could use a touch up. the bathtub did have a hard water/orange stain on it. Other than that the room was spotless. We were surprise how quite the hotel was even after the concert at the Red Rocks. The breakfast was your standard Hampton breakfast with coffee and hot tea. We will be back the next time we got to Red Rocks.

Room Tip: Not far from Red Rocks.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Candace71, the Hampton Inn Golden would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to you return the near future. But please don’t limit it to just your visit to Red Rocks, we would love to have you anytime you happen to be in the Golden area.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel was great for a quick weekend away. The front desk help was wonderfully polite and helpful. Our room was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed using the hot tub relaxing after a long day of hiking. I would highly recommend staying at the Hampton Inn-Golden.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear 907momof3907, Thank you for the outstanding review of the Hampton Inn Golden. We truly appreciate the time you took to review our hotel. We hope to see you again when you travel to Colorado to do some additional hiking.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was so convenient to things we wanted to do in Golden, and we had a great time! Comfy beds, refrigerator, clean, quiet. The kids enjoyed swimming in the pool, and breakfast had a lot of choices--hot and cold. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Traveling4Mom
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Traveling4Mom, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to you returning in the near future. If there is anything I can ever do to be of assistance please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was in Golden for a four day training and Hampton Inn was just what I needed. The room was clean and comfortable. I had free internet, which is important to me. There was a refrigerator in the room, which was helpful. The bed was comfortable. The window opened and the AC was easy to control. There was a convenient, large sized desk, which I found helpful and used often. The alarm/music system worked well for me. I watched the Olympics in the evening on the large monitor and stored my clothing in the convenient drawers and closet. The shower had a great shower head and the counter top roomy and I could spread my toiletries out easily. The room service was efficient and always completed before noon, when I returned to the room for lunch. I enjoyed the breakfast once, but most of the time shopped at the nearby Whole Foods and ate and snacked in my room. There's a small gym. I also used their business center to print out what I needed at no cost. I received FedEx a couple of times and was notified. Nothing fancy, just very well organized and worked really well for me. I'd go back if I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear SteveKauai, thank you so very much for the most through review the Hampton Inn Golden might have ever received. We truly appreciate the time you took to write this review. We are glad you enjoyed your time here with us and do hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again!

Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

Would highly recommend staying at the Hampton Inn-Golden. We needed a hotel close to Colorado school of Mines where my husband and I could easily get to while moving our son into his dorm. Loved our stay here! Bonus-comfy beds & good strong coffee!:)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank spingirl

Dear Spingirl, Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review. We’re glad you enjoyed the comfy beds and the good strong coffee here at the Hampton Inn Golden. We wish your son the best of luck while attending Colorado School of Mines and sure hope you choose the Hampton Inn Golden as your home away from home during your Colorado visits. If I can ever be of assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact me the next time you plan on visiting Golden.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

Sad but true it's a Hampton, I've had wonderful things to say about many other hamptons but this one disapoints me.
Shower was filthy, but after speaking with staff of course they gave me another room.
Just check your room out prior to getting to comfy

• Stayed: August 2012
HamptonInnGolden, General Manager at Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Dear Icymoon, I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at your hotel. The health and safety of our guest is the utmost importance. We are working diligently to correct the issue.