“Just what we wanted after the long flight.”

La Quinta Inn Denver Golden
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I usually qualify my reviews by stating that anyone checking my review profile could think that I am easily satisfied as most of my reviews are very positive. Such is not the case but arise because I invariably only book hotels after reading the TA reviews and choosing the better ones.
We chose the LQ at Golden for our first night in the US this year. This allowed us the clear Denver before our annual road trip began in earnest.
Very pleased with the choice. It’s all been said before - friendly staff, good clean comfortable rooms / bathroom, more than adequate breakfast. Ideal location and we didn’t really notice any excess noise form the adjacent I70.
Would we return – most definitely as we use Denver as a starting point often because the airport is so easy to access and all roads lead out from there.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James B

Reviewed September 11, 2010

I stayed for seven nights in early August 2010. After getting hideously lost on the way from the airport (it was dark, there was a thunderstorm, I wasn't used to US road signs!) I eventually arrived with frazzled nerves. The check-in staff were lovely, even offering me a coffee which I felt really rude for declining but by that point I'd been awake for nearly 24 hours! Check-in was super-fast and within ten minutes of arrival I was unpacking my case.

After reading the TA reviews I'd phoned the hotel about a month earlier to ask if it was possible to have a top floor room on the opposite side to I-70. 100% perfection and great views across to Golden! The room was big (I'm used to small European rooms) and the king-sized bed was huge & ridiculously comfy - I slept like the dead every night. The bathroom had plenty of towels and complimentary toiletries. The TV had a good range of channels so I was able to feed my addiction to US television shows all week. The air conditioning unit soon cooled the room on my return each evening, I didn't need it on at night as it's not too hot at night in this area.

As I'd got a special slightly reduced rate for staying for seven nights the room was only supposed to be visited by housekeeping twice, but it was actually cleaned properly three or four times.

I loved the breakfast - I've just ordered a state of the art waffle maker from Amazon after getting hooked on them - which included waffles, toast, cereal (raisin bran & cheerios) & yogurt. There's no "full English" type of food (only hard boiled eggs), which didn't bother me as even the smell knocks me sick! There was also juice, coffee and tea - the tea is the standard Lipton, so if you're a fussy Brit like me take your own teabags! Nobody seemed bothered about that, btw.

All the staff I met were really pleasant and helpful, the parking lot has loads of space and there's plenty of amenities around. There's a Denny's opposite (I love the pancakes) as well as a reasonably priced gas station - although any US gas station seems reasonably priced to me!

About two minutes drive away there's a Wal-Mart and a selection of other stores, eateries, etc. The hotel made a great base to visit Denver, Golden, Boulder, the Trail Ridge Road, Estes Park, Mount Evans, Colorado Springs (Pikes Peak & Garden of the Gods), Fairplay & Breckenridge. Also, Colorado Mills outlet mall is only about two miles away if you're after a few bargains.

Thanks helping me to have the best holiday ever!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 31, 2010

No frig/microwave, limited TV selections, poor quality linen, with no extra blankets brought to room. Finally even the clock radio didn't work and the tablet they had to eat off of feel apart.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Pool was very warm, room was clean and staff was great. Really nothing bad to say at all.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

It was a nice, clean, reasonably priced, and ideally located for my trip. It's not to far from Denver or the Rockies. The staff was nice and compentient. My bathroom light was not working I informed them of this a the problem was fixed quickly. There was also a pharmacy and a wal-mart along with many resturants near by for any forgotten items or stocking up on snacks or drinks.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Very clean room, I arrived after a 2 leg flight from London and was very tired, was able to arrive at 6pm, be greeted by a very friendly receptionist, shut the blackout curtains and slept for 10 hours undisturbed. The breakfast had a wide selection of foods and the waffles were fun to make. Various places to eat nearby for dinner, there was a nice looking pool. True the hotel is slightly dated but everything works and the room is comfortable. I would stay again if in the area, especially if I can get a cheap deal on Expedia again!

Reviewed April 18, 2010

Booked very cheap stopover here through Expedia on way to Steamboat Springs Colorado .Arrived in Denver on uneventful transatlantic flight from Manchester via Chicago O'Hare with American airlines at 5.25pm.After picking up offsite rental car from Thrifty had a 30 minutes drive from the airport west along I-70 .Easy to find hotel just off the frontage road and visible from I-70 .Location is past the city of Denver and approaching the foothills of the rockies. Apprehensive due to price paid though pleasantly surprised on arrival and excellent overall experience led me to book a second night for our return journey and join the La Quinta returns award programme.Very friendly receptionist on arrival and efficient check in procedure. Rooms basic but clean and just enough space for 2 double beds and table. Standard American shallow hotel bath with good powershower. Free wifi cable TV and filter coffee machine with supplied coffee pods .Breakfast included was a real hit with the kids -especially the do it yourself wafflemaker. Self service "continental" breakfast included choice of cereals - instant oatmeal cheerios or raisin bran, toast/bread -brown or white.Fruit yogurt. Hardboiled eggs, apple or orange juice ,coffee.There is an outdoor swimming pool but only open in summer.There is no restaurant other than the area set aside for breakfast in reception. There is a 24 hour Denny's just across the parking lot and on the other side of I-70 was an outdoor mall with Chilis where we had a fast friendly tasty dinner ( also Walmart & Walgrens amongst other stores). Beds comfortable , room quite hot. Noisy traffic audible from I-70 even on quieter side of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family