“Great Hotel”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Grafton, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here on two separate nights. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was very good. The staff was very accommodative and helpful when I requested an interior court room because the rooms there are in a quieter area. Several places to eat are nearby. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room in the interior court area because this is a quieter area. Rooms on the side where t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I travel for business and have recently learned to appreciate the La Quinta brand. I have stayed in one recently in Washington state and was delighted with the experience. This La Quinta is an old motel with outside entrance which is somewhat difficult to see in the pictures. It is located right next to I-70 which you can hear all night long unless you run your very loud fan/air conditioner. I returned to my room on my second day to find that my "do not disturb" sign was hanging on my door. I hadn't put it there. My room hadn't been serviced that day at all. I found it very disturbing that a member of the housekeeping staff would take the time to open my door and use my privacy sign to perhaps avoid cleaning my room? Just a guess. I didn't really feel safe there after that. I tried to move to a different hotel but my room was pre-paid by my company. I also tried to move within the La Quinta family of properties but to no avail. If you want to stay in this area, and stay in a La Quinta, drive 5 more minutes to Lakewood, CO. Avoid the La Quinta Inn Denver Golden!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen R
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We stayed there for two nights. Hotel is nice and you can't beat the free breakfast. Rooms are fresh and feel newly renovated. Would recommend this to anyone traveling to Denver. Centrally located and next to several area attractions. It's a great deal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed July 4, 2014

My wife and I were traveling from New Mexico with our small, 15-pound dog and this was a great pet friendly hotel. Not too many frills, but there were no added fees for our dog and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

1 Thank Terence K
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had scheduled to stay here for 4 nights, but after the first night we left for a more comfortable hotel. The outside of the hotel is nice, but the rooms are very small even though they had been updated. It was difficult to use the toilet and close the door. The bathroom was tiny. We could hear noise all night. The window air conditioner was going on and off all night long. When you just got to sleep the darn thing would either turn on, blowing the curtain out on the bed, or turn off. The ac could not be adjusted to a comfortable temperature. We were glad to be gone!
The lighting by the bed did not work, but when we called the front desk they sent someone right away. This would be a plus The lights were unplugged. Not sure how that happened since it was behind a bed. There was mold around the soap dish in the tub. The rest of the room appeared clean.

Room Tip: Be away from the highway and on a corner unit so you don't get noise from highway or your neighb...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Heiditeach
Hesperus, Colorado
Reviewed June 29, 2014

At $125/night, I expect more from a hotel. The A/C worked marginally well. Took forever to cool down, then we froze all night. In-room coffee was really bad and breakfast looked so-so enough that we opted to head to Einstein's. The clientele at the hotel was "interesting." A lot of hanging around outside smoking cigarettes. We chose this hotel because it was the only one in the area that takes pets and we needed to be on the west side of Denver. In the future, when we have our dog with us, we'll opt to drive the extra half-hour and stay somewhere else.

Santa Fe, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Outstanding hotel and accommodations - and they let you stay with your dogs. The hotel is beautiful and the extra charge for your dogs is minimal. Finally, a hotel chain that caters to us doggie parents that is clean, lush, and feels good to be there. No stupid rules about not leaving your dogs in the room by themselves (good dogs don't need constant supervision), and no hassles about the dogs being there. Very welcoming staff, beautiful grounds, and lovely rooms. Could not be better!!!