“Cute Mom & Pop Shop with Great Food!”

Bono's Italian Takeout
Ranked #28 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Amarillo, TX
“Cute Mom & Pop Shop with Great Food!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I ordered takeout from this restaurant while on business travel. It was very close to my hotel. The lady who took my phone order was very good and polite. The inside of the restaurant was quaint with small tables, items from Italy you could purchase (candy, pastas, etc.) and a nice atmosphere. I kind of wished that I was eating there rather than taking it to go, to be honest.
My food was ready shortly after I arrived to pick it up. Everything was wrapped in plastic to keep down on the mess, which was a great touch! The food was very good and reasonably priced. I ordered the shrimp scampi, which came with soup or salad (I chose the minestrone soup) and garlic bread. I also couldn't resist the tiramisu I saw in the case when I arrived, so I added that to my order, too. I had more food than I was able to eat for less than $20.

I will definitely be back!

Visited August 2014

Durango, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful, tasty "ma and pa" restaurant”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

While traveling through this area on a late night, we were hoping to find some good pasta to load up on carbs before hiking a 14er. We arrived at the restaurant too late, after they were closed and cleaning up. I was greeted by one of the owners who offered to quick make us some pasta to go. We were thrilled and thankful. They made was wonderful pasta and bread to go and really went out of their way to help us out. Great people and tasty food. Thanks!

• Visited July 2014
arizona
“Great little family owned Italian”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This is not just a takeout spot, but has very good pasta dishes for a sit-down dinner too! Give it a try, but be prepared to wait for a table on Friday & Saturday nights.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Very nice little place”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

The food here was very good. Service was excellent. The mussels and scampi are good. Nice bottle of wine great atmosphere. Next time I'm working up here I will be back.

Pleasanton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Italian food”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My son and I had dinner here one night when I was visiting him in Golden. The restaurant didn't look like much from outside, but I am glad we decided to try it out. Wonderful food, friendly service and the prices were reasonable. Service seemed a little slow, but it was very busy, every table was filled. There also was a steady stream of customers coming for take-out meals. My son enjoyed a cream soda from a huge selection of flavors. I think we found a real gem of a restaurant to go to whenever I am in Golden.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Bono's Italian Takeout? Share your experiences!