“Decent Stay, a couple issues”

TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We stayed here during our recent weekend getaway to Denver area. It was a pretty good stay, and we were in a two room suite. Plenty of room for the three of us, and the beds were comfy. About the only issues I had were the loud sounds made by the showers of other rooms and the mechanical noises made when the air conditioner went on in other rooms. It even woke me up a couple times each night. Would be nice to have the management look into this, as the other guests I came with said the same thing and they were in different building then I was.

As far as the breakfast goes, I would give it about a 2 out of 5. There really aren't a lot of choices, and if you don't like the two main items they serve, you are left with boxed cereal or very average hard boiled eggs. I was not overly thrilled with either morning's breakfasts (2 mornings). Would recommend re-vamping this somehow to management.

All in all, everyone I encountered was very friendly and welcoming. I would probably stay here again if in the area and needing a hotel, but would be going elsewhere for breakfast.

Room Tip: 2 Room Suites were very spacious, would recommend for families staying together. First floor roo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Edmond M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your response here. We always appreciate feedback to be able to improve for all of our guests. We are definitely looking into the AC units and they several are being replaced as we speak. As for the water you heard from other rooms, I apologize if this irritated you. We will look into this also to make sure there is nothing we can do to help eliminate some of this noise.

Breakfast is in the process of being revamped. TownePlace Suites has just started with the hot breakfast so we are all in the growing period as right now. We will be offering more days of hot foods.

We hope the rest of your stay was comfortable and we hope you stay with us again.

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend. My daughter had an event downtown and it was a easy to get here to and from. We stayed in a two room suite, the room was nice but smelled funny. On day two, we told the front desk and they immediately moved us without hesitation. Everyone was very nice. The lady that ran breakfast was cheerful and helpful. The hotel is a bit loud, we were located right next to the stairs, other than that it is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: The Suites are nice, two rooms with a Queen bed in each. Kitchenet was helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank COBowden
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I was working on a project in Lakewood Cultural Center, and needed a place to stay nearby. As I am a Marriott Premier member, I searched and found this hotel on the Marriott website. The stay was fine, especially the bed and rate - we got a great price.

Locating the hotel was easy, and parking was plentiful. I was checking in around 4:30pm, and the front desk was very courteous and friendly. I let him know I was only staying one night, and since I would be working at the LCC until after midnight, I would like a late checkout for 1:00pm. He confirmed that the 1pm checkout would be alright. Remember the 1:00pm checkout because it becomes very important later on in my story.

I worked, came back to the hotel well after midnight, put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, showered, and went to bed. Although the room was a little dated, it was certainly not "old" and it was pleasant and very comfortable.

My frustration began at around 11:15am the next morning when one of the house keeping crew woke me up with a knock on the door. She was inquiring as to when I would be checking out. With the door closed, I let her know I set up a late checkout for 1:00pm. She apologized and moved on.

At 12:00pm, as I was exiting the shower, there was another knock on the door. A different voice with a bit more edge to it asked something like, "Since you haven't checked out yet, can you tell us if you are planning to extend your stay another day?" Again, I informed them that I had arranged for a 1pm checkout.

I was feeling rushed at this point, so I packed up and was out of the room by 12:15pm. On my way out, I stopped by the front desk where there were two people - one was the guy who checked me in, and the other was a lady who's voice I recognized as the second knocker. "I was in room 207. Did you have me down for a 1:00pm checkout?" He replied, "Yes." I let them know that two people knocked on my door, which clearly had a Do Not Disturb sign, and wondered why I was being disturbed. Somewhat apologetically, the lady behind the desk said, "I just now found out you had a late checkout."

I let them know they have a communication problem that needs to be resolved.

Why don't they have a process in place for communicating to the house keeping and other manager-types on these things? Can it be possible that before they knock on guests doors - especially when there is a Do Not Disturb sign - they are not required to see if the room has a late checkout? I doubt it. I think someone merely dropped the ball on writing something down somewhere.

All-in-all, the stay would have been perfect if not for this frustration. I would absolutely stay there again - I would just make sure they communicate my late checkout a little better. =)

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Ray B
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here to attend a funeral. Multiple family party, very short notice travel. Rooms were clean, quite comfortable. No traffic noise. We slept like stones! Staff very friendly, helpful. Breakfast was simple - make your own waffles, cereal, hard boiled eggs, toast, juice, coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade! If they can, they will.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank OldGuyzWander
Reviewed December 25, 2013

As far a hotels go, this is about the middle of the road. My room was good, service adequate and the desk staff was first rate, which is why I gave this the score I gave.

Don't expect much from the breakfast bar but the afternoon cookies are a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Patsy L
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Zero complaints. Felt like staying in a one bed apt. Cozy full kitchen everything we needed. The Staff was on point room was spotless. We will stay here again. Best value for the money. Close to great shopping as well.e Breakfast was delicious & efficient. a

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TheMspriss
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I opted to stay here as it is just minutes from my brother's home. It is a franchise so it falls a bit short of Marriott corporate expectations. It has been recently remodeled and while the room decor is fresh and modern, it still retains the classic mountain lodge feel of a Towne Place in Colorado. Low point - the bed was lacking - it felt like a large foam pad over plywood. High point - the work space though was among the most util I have found at any Marriott. I was on the second floor so the noise from people walking around above me was distracting. The breakfast buffet is typical of the lower end Marriott properties. (You can't really complain about free.) Note that the parking lot can fill up quickly nearer to the two buildings. If you get in later you will have to park 'way out' in the back and up the hill. The staff was warm and helpful. For a place to lay your head at night while visiting family or touring Denver and the foothills of the Rockies, this will do at a very reasonable price. If you are seeking a great hotel experience, keep looking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the west side of the secondary building, away from the noise, lights, and traffic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TexasVoyager_BW
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!