“Clean, Friendly, Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Clean, Friendly, Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

great for an extended stay near golden. full kitchen, comfortable bed, plenty of space, friendly front desk, close to shopping and gas

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Foster
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this property this past week. Although there is a distinct smell when you enter the building, it is clean. It is close to Route 6E & W and you can travel up to the Rocky Mountain National Park in 2 hours and down to Colorado Springs within an hour and a half. That is why we picked this hotel to stay in. Has a full kitchen. The continental breakfast was not the best but it was adequate and there is a restaurant within walking distance (less than 5 minutes) called "Just Cookin" that has eat-in or take out which was very good. I would stay at this property if we ever went back to Denver.

Room Tip: We received an email the week of our trip and was asked is there was anything they could do for us a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

Your staff was kind and courteous, especially Kelly. Housekeeping people were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

I was pleased with the service here and was very happy that I received a free upgrade for being a Gold Rewards member. I didn't even have to ask.

The room was comfortable and the free breakfast was not that great, but on par with other Towneplace Suites.

The only problem was the area. There were a few people hanging around outside when we checked in that looked like vultures waiting for the kill.

But we had no problems and were on our way home so I would stay here again if needed.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed two nights. The location of this property was central to our activities with easy highway access to get anywhere within Denver area. Property was clean. Rooms were large and spacious. Noise factor was minimal. Breakfast was a plus and well stocked. The front desk crew proved to be knowledgable and helpful when asked specifics about getting around Denver. Parking was ample. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

My husband and I booked a two room suite at this property due to the reviews on TA. We were attending a graduation at Red Rocks and also hosting a bridal shower. I needed a kitchen to prepare food for the shower. The suite was not all that clean as there was 'something" on the doors and trim of the bathroom. The appliances were very old and didn't work all that well. The stove's large burner didn't work and that s what I needed. The refrigerator was very old and didn't work all that well either. There was no dishwasher soap or any dish soap at all. The breakfast was very basic and there was no place to sit at all so you had to carry everything back to your room. We will be returning to the Denver area twice more this summer, but we certainly would NOT stay at this property. I do not know how it can keep the Marriott brand.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KatGio
MatTPS, Manager at TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Thank you so much for the review! I am so sorry that you found the cleanliness and general upkeep of your room not to be up to standards! Be certain that we take great pride in our cleanliness and take this very seriously. We truly hope that the next couple times that you are in the Denver area this summer that you will give us the opportunity to impress you and show you that we are worth to carry the Marriott name.

Warm Regrads,
Mat Smith
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

A few months ago my husband and I stayed here, and had one 'minor' incident. (Bottom floor... people above us were obnoxious and loud!) I took the time to fill out the survey you get after your stay, complimenting them on literally everything else, but pointed out that if this one incident had been fixed, we'd have been more prone to return.

Albeit completely not expecting it, I got a lovely personalized response from this hotel's Manager, Mat Smith. He apologized for not making our stay 'perfect', and actually refunded the majority of the rewards points I had used for my stay. He asked that we give them another chance if we were in town again, and to contact him directly for a room on the third floor.

I was so impressed with the customer service, we DID in fact give them another chance, recently staying from May 5 - May 10.

Let me tell you... I cannot rave enough about this place! Upon check-in, I was treated like royalty. Due to our last experience, (again... very minor issue!) they had taken the liberty of up-grading us to a 2 bedroom suite! Customer service goes a long, long way in my book!

Here are some major perks about this hotel;

- My bed was perfect, and that's the most important to me! My memory foam made my stay enjoyable!
- Every room has all the comforts of home, and they forget nothing! They are fully stocked with fridge, microwave, oven, toaster, coffee maker, etc. There is nothing forgotten... right down to leaving coffee and dish soap in your room.
- Heating/cooling system is efficient and quiet.
- Very convenient location; 1/4 mile off the 6, and 2 miles from the 70. Some great restaurants nearby, and Colorado Mills Mall is less than 4 miles.
- The staff is superb! It's so refreshing to deal with pleasant folks who truly want to make your stay enjoyable!
- There is always a wonderful array of fresh coffee and warm cookies in the lobby, complete with travel cups and flavored creamers.
- Free internet, (wire or wi-fi) and a computer with printer you can also use free of charge in the lobby.
- 24-hour exercise room. It's small, but state of the art equipment.
- Rooms are spacious, were immaculately clean, and the fresh linens were of a higher quality than the norm. No 'hard and scratchy' feeling.
- Current/updated furnishings, as our room had 3 flat screen televisions in it, a new fridge, and a modern decor.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. You could tell they've got the right idea, because the parking lot is always full, and with all the competition in the area, there's only one reason... they truly want to make your stay an enjoyable one!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Semperfit83
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden
Courtyard Denver West/Golden
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!