“Wonderful Staff, Great Location, and Home Away From Home!”

TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Ranked #11 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Los Angeles, California
“Wonderful Staff, Great Location, and Home Away From Home!”
Reviewed May 12, 2011

A few months ago my husband and I stayed here, and had one 'minor' incident. (Bottom floor... people above us were obnoxious and loud!) I took the time to fill out the survey you get after your stay, complimenting them on literally everything else, but pointed out that if this one incident had been fixed, we'd have been more prone to return.

Albeit completely not expecting it, I got a lovely personalized response from this hotel's Manager, Mat Smith. He apologized for not making our stay 'perfect', and actually refunded the majority of the rewards points I had used for my stay. He asked that we give them another chance if we were in town again, and to contact him directly for a room on the third floor.

I was so impressed with the customer service, we DID in fact give them another chance, recently staying from May 5 - May 10.

Let me tell you... I cannot rave enough about this place! Upon check-in, I was treated like royalty. Due to our last experience, (again... very minor issue!) they had taken the liberty of up-grading us to a 2 bedroom suite! Customer service goes a long, long way in my book!

Here are some major perks about this hotel;

- My bed was perfect, and that's the most important to me! My memory foam made my stay enjoyable!
- Every room has all the comforts of home, and they forget nothing! They are fully stocked with fridge, microwave, oven, toaster, coffee maker, etc. There is nothing forgotten... right down to leaving coffee and dish soap in your room.
- Heating/cooling system is efficient and quiet.
- Very convenient location; 1/4 mile off the 6, and 2 miles from the 70. Some great restaurants nearby, and Colorado Mills Mall is less than 4 miles.
- The staff is superb! It's so refreshing to deal with pleasant folks who truly want to make your stay enjoyable!
- There is always a wonderful array of fresh coffee and warm cookies in the lobby, complete with travel cups and flavored creamers.
- Free internet, (wire or wi-fi) and a computer with printer you can also use free of charge in the lobby.
- 24-hour exercise room. It's small, but state of the art equipment.
- Rooms are spacious, were immaculately clean, and the fresh linens were of a higher quality than the norm. No 'hard and scratchy' feeling.
- Current/updated furnishings, as our room had 3 flat screen televisions in it, a new fridge, and a modern decor.

All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. You could tell they've got the right idea, because the parking lot is always full, and with all the competition in the area, there's only one reason... they truly want to make your stay an enjoyable one!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Semperfit83

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Stayed here with my wife for 15 days in January. While I was here I got the pleasure of meeting Matt and the staff and found them to be very friendly, thoughtful and accomdating. Our queen suite was clean and confortable. The room included a small kitchen that had a refrigerator, microwave, stove and dishwasher. The bed was confortable and it was also nice to be able to sit on the couch or chair and watch tv on the 32" flat screen in the evening. I highly recomend staying here on your next extended stay in Denver.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2010

Wife and I stayed here for 10 nights in August. The room was clean. The staff could not have been more helpful. Anytime we needed something or had a question they were more than ready to be accomodating. The location is convenient to shopping, restaurants and quick to the mountains. Again, a big thank you to the staff for their hospitality and for making our 10 night stay very pleasant.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Chino, CA
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Decent room with kitchenette. Friendly staff. Clean and comfortable, but a little cramped -- I kept slamming into the coffee table on the way to the bathroom in the night. Our room was detached from the main building w/lobby, which was a little inconvenient for my early morning reading. Could not find a grocery story within walking distance, but there is an AMAZING Whole Foods Market a few miles away. Very convenient to the highway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, North Carolina
Reviewed July 2, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and it started bad and ended even worse.They didn't have my room I booked so I had to deal with that even though I had my confimation showing room.Then when I got to room there was hairs all in the tub plus on toilet seat..I had a hard time also getting any linens for the pool.Sara the manager said "Most people bring their own towels to the pool."I thought that was very unprofessional.I was very happy to leave that hotel by this point.I love Colorado and its bad that a place like this can even remain in business.The hotel is very free about charging smoking fees on your card even if you don't smoke.So be prepared for a wonderful stay in Golden.I will sleep in gutter in Denver before I stay there again.BP is a better business,and you know how horrible they are.Thanks Sara for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jaxninja

Travelers are raving about these Golden hotels

United States
Reviewed April 25, 2010

Stayed three nights here. Staff were very friendly and welcoming and room was clean and comfortable with microwave, refrigerator and stove, etc in small kitchen. Bed was extremely comfortable and room pleasantly decorated, but Towneplace is at the lower end of the Marriott chain so I did not expect it to be luxurious. Only problem was that room had been sprayed with Febreze like product, perhaps because it had been used by dog owner before us, I don't know. However, this was easily resolved by opening the window wide, after which there was no smell of anything. Room was cleaned nicely. Hotel is in good location transport wise for what we wanted and near to decent restaurants, etc. It was also very quiet and we got a good night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Sterling
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I was traveling to Denver to attend an event for a friend. The hotel was chosen for me so I really didn't know what to expect before I got there. I was very pleased to find a cozy hotel with amazingly clean rooms. I'm a very picky traveler and found this property to not only meet but exceed my strict standards for clenliness. My room was perfectly sized with comfy bed, soft linens, sitting area with sofa and chair and a desk. The wifi worked perfectly every time I logged on, no skips or dropped pages. The staff was friendly and helpful and the coffee and cookies in the lobby were always a welcomed treat. The cleaning staff were there every morning with fresh towels, kitchen linens and a friendly smile. The full service in room kitchen was clean, well appointed and even had a cork screw.

If you're looking for a super luxurious hotel with bar, restaurant and marble lobby this is not the property for you but if your goal is a super clean, quiet place to relax, with loads of bang for the buck then this property is for you. I would highly recommend this property for families on a budget. Loads of space, great cable system for TV entertainment, a small but nice pool and an easy jumping off point for all Denver destinations and great restaurants in the area to choose from.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Golden
Baymont Inn & Suites Denver West/Federal Center
Candlewood Suites Denver - Lakewood
Hampton Inn Denver West Federal Center
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center
Hampton Inn Denver West / Golden

Been to TownePlace Suites Denver West/Federal Center? Share your experiences!