“Nice hotel w/ great workout room & good restaurants”

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed August 18, 2010

I stayed here last week for 4 days on business. The rooms are nice & the bed was very comfortable. There was a small desk & side chair in the room as well as plenty of drawers for storage.

My favorite part of the hotel was the workout room, which was small but had nice equipment, including flat screens on the treadmills, etc, complimentary headphones, fruit, towels, and water. This gym was really quite a treat!

I had dinner one night at the hotel restaurant. My quesadillas were good, as were the cosmopolitans. The staff was friendly & there when I needed them, but also let me eat at a leisurely pace.

My only suggestion to someone who isn't used to highway noise is to request a room that doesn't face the highway. The highway noise isn't awful, but it is there & might keep you up if you aren't used to it.

The mall across the highway had just about every kind of restaurant you could want (Hops, On the Border, The Yard House, California Pizza Kitchen, Mimi's Cafe...etc). The hotel will take you there & back if you ask, which is nice!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephintexas
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2010

We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience in our hotel as well as our convenient location. Thank you for being our guest and come again soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed at this very clean Marriott property in Golden. Rooms were somewhat small, well decorated with a nice desk. However, the bathroom was tiny. Sorry flat screen TV fans, they're not here, but it's no big deal. Asked to have my initial room changed because they put me in the room closest to the freeway (and the highway noise), and the front desk was very accommodating. Ate one night in the Blue Mesa restaurant...service was very very slow (one hour for a mediocre Buffalo burger @$12) and the place was not busy. Plenty of restaurants and a mall across the interstate. The hotel shuttle will take you and pick you up..nice feature when you don't have wheels. Generally a good experience..but avoid the Blue Mesa.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SpartyIndianapolis
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2010

I'm glad that you enjoyed the convenience of the hotel, but sorry to hear of your experience in Blue Mesa Sports Grill. We will address timeliness of service based on your comments. Good news for future visits - Flat screen TVs are in the works and will be installed in the coming months. I hope that you can enjoy on your next trip to Denver.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Denver with friends for a wedding and had a great stay! We've always had great experiences with Marriott hotels, but we loved the convenience of the outdoor pool, onsite Starbucks and hotel bar/lounge. It was also a great location for shopping and easy highway access. I actually left an item in my room and upon learning of it missing when I returned home I called and was told they found it and were rushing it back to me at no charge! That is great service!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kdubs7
MarriottWestMgmt, Owner at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2010

Thank you for being our guest. We are so glad that you enjoyed the location, amenities and service of the hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience and please visit us again!

Reviewed July 7, 2010

The rooms are small. Our room had a large red stain on the carpeting. The bathrooms are equally small. The pool is OK. The front desk staff is very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank atstpier
Reviewed June 24, 2010

The ENTIRE staff at the Denver Marriott West were amazing.
Everyone was extraordinarily friendly and very helpful....from the front desk, room service, Starbucks barrista, bartender at lunch to the gal washing the front entryway every morning. What a pleasant surprise for everyone in our group.
Unfortunately, we were so busy with the wedding in Denver that we were unable to use the pool or the fitness center so I cannot comment on those two items.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank brosemama
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2010

Thank you for being our guest and we hope that you can join us again!

Reviewed June 8, 2010

Cleanliness: Very good
Location: Average
Rooms: Very good
Service: Room service was a no show one night, even after we called the front desk to complain, which was concerning.
Value: Rate was $109.00 per night during our stay. Not too bad.
Sleep Quality: Very good.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John C

We are so sorry to hear that we missed the mark on your room service delivery and sincerely hope that we can serve you in the future.

Reviewed December 18, 2009

Lovely, helpful staff.
You cannot print from your own laptop but the staff was kind enough to put my files on their thumb drive and print for me.
Adequate rooms.
Gym equipment was first rate but dirty and the temperature in the gym was 78 degrees. Because the thermostat was broken there was no way to lower it.
Internet access is wired only - you must use their cable and it is 1.5 feet long. You also must pay $13 for it.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank GwenMd
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

Thank you for your stay at the Marriott Denver West. You will be pleased to know that we have recently added free wireless internet access to the public areas of our hotel so that you can work effectively in one of our terrific restaurants or in the Lobby area. We look forward to welcoming you back!