“Outside but close to the Mall”

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Kaufbeuren, Germany
“Outside but close to the Mall”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

The location - for business people close by is excellent, for visitors of Denver City maybe a bit far away! The staff is friendly and helpfull, the rooms are clean. There is a pool and fitness available as well as free shuttle to the shopping mall. All in all a good hotel to be!

1 Thank Cornelia S
MarriottWestMgmt, General Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful comments that you have shared regarding your stay at the Marriott Denver West.

The hotel team and I hope that you will choose us again the next time your travels bring you to the Golden, CO area.

Laura L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
North Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 14, 2014

When we drove into the parking lot of this Marriott I immediately thought of the 1970s (great decade). The property is dated but not in a bad way at all. It appears as they are performing some upgrades and updates but, regardless, we had a very nice stay. Our room was just fine - at the end of the hallway (long walk but very, very quiet). The new dining room provided a lovely breakfast experience - excellent staff and the buffet spread was outstanding and CLEAN! I would highly recommend this Marriott to anyone. Also, it is very convenient off of the highway.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mbclifford
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your review of the hotel. Indeed the hotel was built in 1983; however, we have been through numerous updates over the years and all areas of the hotel have been updated in the last serveral years. Our most recent improvement has been the total renovation of the lobby and restaurant space. I am thrilled to hear the you enjoyed your experience in the new space along with the great service of our staff. Being right off I-70 is convenient for access to both downtown and the gorgeous front range of the Rockies. Please join us again soon - it is our pleasure to serve you!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed here on a visit to family. It was very nice. The people were terrific. The lobby re-do mentioned by others is apparently finished although they were working on the entrance while we were there. Breakfast was terrific -- better off the menu than from the buffet, depending on what you're ordering, of course. The bar area was very pleasant for socializing. Easy access to I-70.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our fantastic new lobby and restaurant area. it does provide terrific space to gather with family and friends while you are in town. We are excited that the exterior work will be wrapping up this week just in time for some beautiful spring weather. Thank you for staying and please join us again soon!
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Reviewed April 30, 2014

This place is good. Overall, I am happy with my stay so far. My room was clean and I has no complaint about it.

I have access to the concierge lounge on the 6th floor. Breakfast was great. I like the fact that it also has oatmeal and fresh fruits. Nothing during lunch time though. Dinner snacks were awesome -- especially for today, which they have Mexican egg rolls (the chef here must be very good). The lady, Leora, is also very friendly and nice. She takes care of all guests very well and spotlessly cleans tables after guests leave.

Gym was a good size. There are also a swimming pool and a whirlpool, but I did not get a chance to use it.

I will come back here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite site of the highway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to comment on your experience. I will certainly share with our Concierge Lounge staff. They are terrific and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed here for one week. The lobby was under construction so hopefully things will look better after it's all done. There's all kind of food across the free way. Lookout Mountain is only 15 minutes to the west and it take a minute to hop on to the freeway.
I will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin D
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I needed a place to stay for a business trip to NREL. This hotel was located within a mile of NREL and was close to a lot of good restaurants. The rooms were very nice and quiet. The lobby was under construction so that made it difficult to meet with colleagues in the morning or evening. The bar had limited selection but that may improve with the completion of the lobby renovation project. The fitness center was excellent it had a good selection of cardio and free weights. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to get away from the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for being our guest. I am sorry that the final weeks of our renovation created inconvenience for you, but please know that our fantastic new lobby and restaurant area are complete and ready for your enjoyment. I sincerely hope that you can join us again when you are in Denver as we are just a short walk from NREL.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I stopped in here after a long day of travel prior to heading up towards the resorts. It is conveniently located and staff was very nice. Rooms are clean and the bed was extremely comfortable. I ordered room service the night before and arrived right on time. I thought it was a bit pricey for now being downtown, but otherwise no complaints.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business