“Great location”

Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great location”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I spent two nights in this hotel and really enjoyed it. It is located near the front range of the Rockies where we visited the Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Cabrini Shrine, Buffalo Bill Cody's grave and nearby Golden, Co. It is also near a very large mall with lots of shopping and plenty of places to eat. It is west of Denver and away from all the industrial looking areas. Our room was very clean and the service was exceptional. They were doing some renovation of the lobby which everyone was very apologetic about. We would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
It is our pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm glad that you enjoyed the unique and diverse attractions in our area. Our lobby renovation is an exciting project and appreciate you being with us in the interim. I am confident that you will appreciate the comfort and design of the new lobby and restaurant space. Please join us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This convenient location is good for Western Denver, Golden and exploring the mountains via I 70. The rooms are modern, comfortable and the hotel is quiet. It is very convenient for visiting the National Renewable Energy Lab.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
La Junta, Colorado
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We try to take advantage of the 5280 promotion every Christmas as we live out of town and this allows us to shop and visit at the same time. This year we stayed at the Denver West Marriott and it was so wonderful we did not want to leave! The beds were fanrastic, the comfortable atmosphere was exceptional and the location perfect! Will do it again!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want and they try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Alamo, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was visiting Colorado School of Mines and the location was very convenient. The staff was helpful and professional. When I asked for things to do around the area they gave me quite a few good suggestions. I thought their complimentary breakfast was very good. The diner was not fancy. However, the staff was very professional and they had a good selection of fresh fruit along with an excellent omelet bar. I would definitely stay here again. I actually forgot a video of me zip-lining and called two days later to see if they could find it. They did and sent it to me right away. GREAT SERVICE!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, General Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are in a great location and our staff is truly terrific. I'm so glad that they were able to locate your video and get it back to you safely. I hope that you will join us again when visiting the School of Mines or heading out for more zip line adventures! it is our pleasure to serve you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm surprised this hotel only has 70% positive rating. This is my favorite Denver hotel. Located in the tranquil and safe suburb of Golden. I especially like the rooms with balcony and gorgeous views of snow mountains.Very friend staff. The best breakfast buffet of any Marriott hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your entusiastic review of our hotel. You have a lot of options when traveling to Denver and being your favorite is truly a privilege. I appreciate that you enjoy our location and take time to enjoy the quiet setting with blue skies and periodic snowy vistas. Our staff truly enjoys taking care of our guests and I will be sure to pass along your appreciation. We look forward to you joining us again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Location was ideal for us. We planned to go to Rocky Mtn and Mt. Evans during and hangout in downtown Denver at night during our 3 day stay in Denver. The hotel and Room was very clean; room had a nice view from the balcony. Excellent customer service. Mike and Erica at the front desk were very helpful and courteous....met all requirements during our stay. Breakfast at American grille was really good with plenty of variety. There are a lot of restaurants and shops within couple of miles. Will stay here again and recommend it to others. Thank again for the excellent customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a stressful trip, I was heading into the mountains at night when my car started acting up. After I was able to coax the car into the Marriott parking lot, I went to the front desk and got a fair price on a lobby level room. I found the room clean and quiet and the staff was friendly and competent. This is primarily a business hotel, but I will definitely go back if I need a place to stop after a late flight or late night in Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo