“Luxury for a bargain!”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Golden
La Junta, Colorado
“Luxury for a bargain!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

We try to take advantage of the 5280 promotion every Christmas as we live out of town and this allows us to shop and visit at the same time. This year we stayed at the Denver West Marriott and it was so wonderful we did not want to leave! The beds were fanrastic, the comfortable atmosphere was exceptional and the location perfect! Will do it again!

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want and they try to accommodate you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Alamo, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was visiting Colorado School of Mines and the location was very convenient. The staff was helpful and professional. When I asked for things to do around the area they gave me quite a few good suggestions. I thought their complimentary breakfast was very good. The diner was not fancy. However, the staff was very professional and they had a good selection of fresh fruit along with an excellent omelet bar. I would definitely stay here again. I actually forgot a video of me zip-lining and called two days later to see if they could find it. They did and sent it to me right away. GREAT SERVICE!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, General Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Thank you for the review of our hotel. We are in a great location and our staff is truly terrific. I'm so glad that they were able to locate your video and get it back to you safely. I hope that you will join us again when visiting the School of Mines or heading out for more zip line adventures! it is our pleasure to serve you.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I'm surprised this hotel only has 70% positive rating. This is my favorite Denver hotel. Located in the tranquil and safe suburb of Golden. I especially like the rooms with balcony and gorgeous views of snow mountains.Very friend staff. The best breakfast buffet of any Marriott hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for your entusiastic review of our hotel. You have a lot of options when traveling to Denver and being your favorite is truly a privilege. I appreciate that you enjoy our location and take time to enjoy the quiet setting with blue skies and periodic snowy vistas. Our staff truly enjoys taking care of our guests and I will be sure to pass along your appreciation. We look forward to you joining us again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Location was ideal for us. We planned to go to Rocky Mtn and Mt. Evans during and hangout in downtown Denver at night during our 3 day stay in Denver. The hotel and Room was very clean; room had a nice view from the balcony. Excellent customer service. Mike and Erica at the front desk were very helpful and courteous....met all requirements during our stay. Breakfast at American grille was really good with plenty of variety. There are a lot of restaurants and shops within couple of miles. Will stay here again and recommend it to others. Thank again for the excellent customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Colorado
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After a stressful trip, I was heading into the mountains at night when my car started acting up. After I was able to coax the car into the Marriott parking lot, I went to the front desk and got a fair price on a lobby level room. I found the room clean and quiet and the staff was friendly and competent. This is primarily a business hotel, but I will definitely go back if I need a place to stop after a late flight or late night in Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
western colorado
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is primarily a business destination. My husband and I stayed here while in Denver to see a doctor. My husband did not feel well and this place didn't provide a place of rest. Do NOT stay in room 619. It is next to the concierge lounge and is like sleeping in a basketball game. Banging on the wall by your head most of the night and again at 5 in the morning. Everyone was really sorry, but we were told the problem is "a design flaw". More guests will have to endure that room in future. The room was clean, but the bathroom is so small only one person can be in it at once unless one of them is in the shower. It costs money to watch TV, to use the internet ($12.95 unless you go to the lobby), and breakfast is expensive. I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Do not let them put you in room 619!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
I apologize for the problems that you experienced while in our hotel, but do appreciate you letting me know so that I can work with our team to improve for the future. I realize that you were here to rest while visiting a doctor and your ability to do so was interupted. I will address the opportunities to provide a better experience. Please know that we do offer rates that include breakfast and if that would be a desirable option for you, I hope that you will consider staying with us again.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My daughter and I were going to a wedding and the hotel gave us a special group rate for them. we had a very nice room and the front desk was very helpful on answering my questions promptly and being very courteous. We had room service for breakfast in the morning and that was great. They told me how long it would take and they were at our door right on time. It is located in a great area for shopping too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for being our guest and taking time to share your comments on the Denver Marriott West! We do have a terrific staff and I'm glad that you were able to enjoy a little shopping at the mall during an active wedding weekend. I hope that you can join us again.