“good stay”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Omaha, Nebraska
“good stay”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Management was very friendly, got stuck in elevator for five minutes, and they were prompt in response, and took care of us afterwards. Clean room and nice lounge area. Quick access to highways and mountains. Nice indoor/outdoor pools. Overall clean place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank boobucks1
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
I appreciate you being our guest and for your kind review. Our staff is terrific and truly enjoy taking care of our guests and correcting an unforeseen issues. The hotel is in a great location for a quick trip to the mountains or the indoor and outdoor pools are great options for staying in and relaxing. Please come again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I arrived Friday June 28, 2013 for a 3 day stay with my 12 year old daughter.
There was a large wedding group who was staying here for the weekend.
Friday night was a little loud but not to reasonably loud.
Saturday night was pure he'll. we tried to go to sleep but there was massive partying going on all throughout he hotel. I was on 5th floor and I counted 3 different rooms partying very loud.
There were over people in the pool after hours yelling and screaming shouting F-Bombs like crazy as they were in the hallway outside my room.
I called the front desk 2 times and still it never quieted down.
So eventually I walk to front desk to make a formal complaint.
Finally at 3:20AM I call down and threaten to call police.
I finally fell asleep so not sure how much more went on?
So today Sunday my daughter and I decide to go down to the pool.
We are there 15 minutes folks are blairing music like crazy there are signs no smoking everywhere.
People are smokinging cigarettes and pot everywhere.
Drinking whiskey in glass bottles, etc.
so I go to the desk ask them to book me a different hotel and they want to charge me 149.00 for a residence inn??? WTH!
they are owned by Marriott!
I have to take my 12 year old daughter away from the craziness and expect me to pay more for a lesser hotel that is owned by Marriott? WORLD CLASS MANAGEMENT???
To top it off the toilet runs like crazy in the barroom so you hear running water every 10 minutes.
I have over 144 days YTD in hotels and this is the worst experience in my life at a hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank kellyharris66
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days for business. Location is good, close to Colorado Mills with many restaurants. Easy access to Denver downtown. Staff were very friendly. Concierge lounge is a little small and crowded in the morning. Fitness room is adequate but may need more cardio machines as it tend to get busy early in the morning. Stayed here for 3 days for business. Location is good, close to Colorado Mills with many restaurants.

Room Tip: Get a room away from I-70.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JQ16888
Eckert, Colorado
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here for business.the room was clean, bathroom is very tiny though, it is a dated marriot, that has been updated though. We used the hotels business rooms, for a conference. . The staff were good. They kept snacks and coffee for us there all day. Catered lunch was good. The highway noise is loud if you get a room. Facing it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 14, 2013

From the staff to the hotel, three stars may be generous. It is an older property, that has been remodeled to some extent. The walls are thin and you hear every door slam along the hallway. The bathrooms are tiny. I helped my daughter get a shower and practically had to stand on the toilet to do it. You are nickeled and dimed on everything, from a $12 omelette in the restaurant to a $12.95 per day internet fee. Really? even McDonalds gives you free WiFi. Other than the pools, there are NO amenities, not even a free cookie at check-in or a dispenser of water. Even budget hotels these days offer a bowl of fruit or a 24 hour coffee station to guests.

We had some issues with the guests next to us who were up partying all night, which I know the hotel does not have control over, but when I called the front desk to complain, they said they would send someone up, which I don't beleive they ever did b/c the noise continued for another hour or more. When I went to the desk the next morning to ask to switch rooms, although accommodating, I felt they were completely condescending - like "hey lady, hotels are noisy".

The outdoor pool, although lovely, is surrounded by trees and quite full of debris. In our two day stay, I never once saw anyone attend to the pool other than a man who came and checked the filter.

On the plus side, this hotel is close to downtown Golden and right off I-70 and 10 minutes to Red Rocks, which is why we were there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Lauren B
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I am truly sorry to hear that your stay with us was only adequate. We strive to make each stay exceptional and clearly missed that mark in your case. Your feedback is very important to us and I appreciate your time in posting a review. I have reviewed the missed opportunities you experienced with our team and sincerely hope that you have an opportunity to return and allow us to redeem ourselves the next time you are in our area.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is an older hotel.The rooms and beds need updating. The freeway side of hotel is very noisy. They arer doing work on parking lot. Asphalt fumes were bad. Staff friendly. Internet charge is a rip-off, They need to get with the times. cheaper hotels offer the internet for free.

Room Tip: Stay on back side of hotel, away from freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave B
New Jersey
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for a Saturday night stay in March due to unexpected snow storm which made travel dangerous. The staff at the hotel is very friendly and welcoming. The rooms, while average, were very clean and reasonably maintained. Breakfast was included with our rate, and the buffet was good with a wide variety of choices. We also ate room service for dinner, which was delivered promptly -- and everythihng we ordered was tasty and well presented.

The location of the hotel is very convenient to the interstate, and there are many shopping and dining options located very close by. We will certainly consider staying here again when in the Denver area.

Room Tip: The hotel is fairly large, and you can wind up with a long walk to the front desk/restaurant area...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Hey_Eddie
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
I know that an unexpected weather delay can be an inconvenience, but I'm glad that your travels brought you to us and appreciate you being our guest. We're happy to offer a great meal and good nights sleep as the wintery weather passes through. We hope that you have the opportunity to join us again. We will be here to welcome you and make your stay memorable!