Denver Marriott West
$159
TownePlace Suites
Courtyard Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$159
$169
$118
La Quinta
$110
Residence Inn Denver West/Golden(Golden)(Great Value!)
$169
$152
Eldora Lodge(Golden)(Great Value!)
$179
The Dove Inn(Golden)
$167
All reviewsthe concierge loungecopper creekoutdoor poolwhole foodsred rocksbreakfast buffetper nightnice propertyfire pitshopping and restaurantsbusiness tripnice stayoff the highwaywould definitely stay here againshort driveconvenient locationmini fridge
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is definitely a business-oriented hotel surrounded by office parks and business building complexes. The on-site restaurants include a sports bar/restaurant combination and the cafe which is the main breakfast restaurant. The rooms could stand a bit updating and the internet service was slow, but other than that the hotel was a good balance of value for the money. On weekends, it is almost as if the local government rolls up the sidewalk and you are quite on your own but this is no fault of the hotel. The concierge lounge is open only from Sunday through Thursday, so don't expect to access it on a weekend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away in the back if you want a quiet sleep.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

Thank you for being a guest in the hotel. We are certainly a terrific choice for the traveler conducting business on the west side of town as we are conveniently located in an office park just off I-170 with easy access to C-470. For the weekend traveler, we are conveniently located just across the highway from shopping, dining and theaters. We have a terrific outdoor pool with plenty of beautiful Colorado sunshine. Many guests find us a good central location with easy access for mountain day trips to the west and downtown to the east. I hope that you can join us again.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

There is a lot to like about this hotel. The setting is very nice, the rooms are nice, the beds are good. The only thing that seems quirky is adding a $13 per day for internet when it is basically free at almost every other hotel. This motel is obviously aimed at business folks (higher rates during the week). It just seem silly to have such a ridiculous charge for internet access.

Unfortunately, for us, there was a huge group that just checked in before we got there and we got stuck with a handicapped capable room. It would have been interesting to see what a regular room looks like. For couples, it would also be nice to have the sink outside the bath area so two people could get ready for the day at the same time.

There is no breakfast included, but given the quality of most "free" breakfasts that is not a big loss.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The staff at this hotel was amazing. I asked this place to be the host hotel for my wedding and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Everything we needed was taken care of promptly, and with a smile. I live nearby so I likely won't have another chance to stay there, but you can believe me when I say our company will be hosting events there in the future.

Amazing location, above and beyond staff, a truly worry free place to stay. Thanks Marriott Denver West.

Room Tip: Request a view of the terrific mountians.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Kevin T
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Thank you for selecting our hotel to host your wedding. I know that you have many hotels to chose from and appreciate that you placed your trust in us. We do have a truly terrific staff dedicated to making each and every guests stay a success. Whether you are able to return for a local stay-cation or bring your business meetings to the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back. Congratulations and best wishes!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I was here for 2 nights on business.

The first thing you should know is that this is quite a ways out of Denver. It's in a suburb. I'd like to emphasize "suburb." There is nothing around this hotel within walking distance that isn't a chain. There is a Whole Foods across the freeway, you can get there by walking about a quarter of a mile. It's best to have a car.

It's a Marriott. The rooms were good size, the bed comfortable and equipped with plenty of pillow choices.
There is a coffee maker in the room that will supply you with enough coffee to get you to the Starbucks downstairs.

The bathroom is well supplied with fairly fluffy towels a nice tub shower combo.

The restaurant at the hotel is, imo, better than most of the chains you'll find across the freeway. I had the tuna sandwich, it was nice cut of tuna with aioli coleslaw it was delicious. I'd order it again. For dinner I had a buffalo burger and again was very satisfied.

The staff was great.

The website for the hotel says that they have a sauna. They do not, I looked for it and asked. They have a decent indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool and a hot tub with weak jets but that water was nice and hot. The pool room was surrounded by windows of the nicely landscaped grounds. The sauna would have been nice but I was happy with the pools and hot tub.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SDMcGee
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank your for being our guest and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you being with us and I'm glad that you enjoyed our spacious grounds, pools and restaurant as well as the great service our staff provides. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

As we trekked across the country, this was our second stop, and it was a good choice! The hotel staff was very courteous, the room was very clean and comfortable, and the restaurant had great beer and food (steak salad was delicious).

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family