“Refurbished, Friendly, and Overall Good”

Denver Marriott West
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The last time I stayed here was in 1998 en route to New Mexico. It was good back then, but sported 80s decor. Returned in 2012 and while this is still an older Marriott (popcorn ceilings and the like) rooms have been nicely refurbished with updated beds, carpet, furniture, and granite sink, fireplace in lobby. Best of all I asked for a quiet room and they put me at the back of the hotel facing the hills. No noise other than a few neighbors slamming doors occasionally. One negative comment was that the room smelled strongly of chemical cleanser. Hotel wasn't very busy when I visited. Great location if you don't want to be in downtown Denver: next to Colorado Mills and shopping and restaurants, and Target. Less than 30 minutes to hiking in the mountains, fresh air, and scenery. Had friendly check in staff. The area may be too suburban for some folks, but a good choice if you're headed West of Denver.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing Interstate 70.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Denver Marriott West

Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is my third time at Denver Marriott West. It is so convenient if you are going to Red Rocks, or on a shopping spree at Colorado Mills. The front desk staff is quick, efficient and friendly. The bar was lively on Friday night -- good food, great beer and a nice atmosphere sitting around the fireplace and/or playing a game of pool. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. I'm already looking forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank deedeerode
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I just completed a 10 consecutive day stay at this hotel in April of 2012

I travel to Colorado a lot on business and I must say I found this Hotel to be much better than the Table Mountian Inn.

The beds are extremely comfortable, the room was always cleaned properly, The bathrooms were extremely clean.

As for dining there all I can say is great food great service!!!

I spoke to the manager several times throughout my stay and I was equally impressed with his style and his future outlook on what he expected out of the hotel.

I read the 5 negative reviews and all I can say is I experienced nothing like that during my stay.

When I had Sunday off from work and asked for stuff I should do to entertain myself the staff provided me with maps and what they thought I should go see. They nailed it as far as that goes, my drive was amazing...

I will always stay here in the future from now on....

Room Tip: I did not visit the spa but did walk to the pool and check it out, they have a inside and outside po...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kellyharris66
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

We are glad you agree! We do have a terrific staff who truly enjoy taking care of our guests. We know business travel can be monotonous and work to ensure that your stay is not only problem-free and comfortable, but enjoyable. It is terrific to know that we met that goal and look forward to welcoming you back again and again. Welcome to the Marriott family!

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed two nights in March. Good location to access Denver or head up into the mountains. Light rail extension is nearly finished. Excellent food in nearby mall.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mark m
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for being our guest! We are in a terrific location to enjoy the activity and entertainment of the city as well as the relaxation and beauty of the mountains. It will be such a treat when the nearby light rail project is complete giving our guests another alternative for transportation into the heart of the city. Please join us again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The staff at this Marriott are phenomenal. I visit once per year always in March and each year they are there, which tells you something about the management as well. Clean, no frills, great food, service and people. the breakfast is pricey and could use a revamp but other than that, excellent. Servers were Delores, Clint, Amber and Carlos.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

There is nothing nicer than the compliment of a returning guest! Thank you for being with us each year. We truly appreciate being your hotel of choice when you are in Denver. We do have a terrific staff and many who have been with us for years. I know they enjoy being able to serve familiar faces and will be proud to hear your comments. I will be sure to share with them and we will all look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

stayed at this hotel for a quick two day business trip. The hotel is just off rt 70, about 15 minutes outside of Denver in Golden. The hotel is in an office park. The hotel is older, but the rooms have been updated. The hallways and some part of the place still seem a bit older, but clean and nice as you would expect from a Marriott. Parking is ample. My room camw with breakfast. I was somewhat dissapointed in. Basic variety of food, nothing special, although the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2012

Thank you for being our guest! Indeed, our location is terrific just off of I-70 on the west side of town, but still quite convenient to downtown as well as the mountains. I am glad that you found it condusive to your needs. We look forward to you joining us again.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Typically nice Marriott hotel, nice room, but we had two faulty fire alarms, the first at 9pm, the second at 4:30am!! Worse yet, the staff offered no apologies or no explanations when we checked out. I did notice the guest in front of us was offered a free breakfast, because he had complained. I know things can happen beyond anybody's control, but it seems apologies should be offered at the least.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
MarriottWestMgmt, Manager at Denver Marriott West, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

I aplogize that your stay was affected by the recent false alarms in our hotel. We have taken the necessary steps to rectify the issue. We have a terrific staff; however, we were remiss in not addressing the situation and your concerns. I hope that you accept our apology now and that you have the opportunity to return and experience a relaxing stay and caring service you deserve.