“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elote's Cafe - CLOSED

Elote's Cafe
Cuisines: Caribbean, South American, Venezuelan, Central American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There is a mistake in your description, our restaurant is a Venezuelan and Latin American Restaurant. Please could you fix this? We will appreciated it Regards Luis Asprino
Denver, Iowa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014

Not a very big place but food was great and the owners hospitality was great. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Denver, Colorado
“Yes, Excellent!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I love this little place. Venezuelan food to die for! What makes this restaurant so great is the owner and his service. I felt so welcomed. The pumpkin soup is outstanding. My husband ordered the $12.99 special and everything on his plate was delicious. OMG....so good. No, not the best meal I've ever had, but consistently delicious. AND I live in Golden! How fortunate is that?
Thank you, Elote Cafe, for being so passionate about what you do!

• Visited May 2014
Arvada
“A fantastic experience, what a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I decided to try Elote's after reading great reviews online and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the prices were very reasonable. The black bean soup was superb. The criollo was excellent and my wife had the special which was termed vegetable pudding. The vegetable pudding was like nothing either of us had ever had and was topped with an incredible bechamel sauce. For dessert we had flan and coconut cake which were scrumptious. The owner, Luis is charming and gracious. We will be back again and again. Make sure to mapquest the location because it is not easily visible. I am sure that they will soon have to move to a larger location if everyone love this place as much as we did.

Arvada Colorado
“Charming and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We enjoyed the food immensely. The mango juice is deliciously thick, more like a refresco (smoothie). No one else in the family wanted to order the tajadas (fried plantains with queso) but once they came to the table everyone was happy to help me eat them! My son enjoyed his arepa (white corn pocket, something like a pita) filled with chicken, beans and cheese. I had the vegetarian dumplings, and while I could not place all the veggies cooked in this polenta dumpling they were really cooked. The kale salad was also tasty, and I'm not usually a big fan of kale. My husband had the steak with a mango glaze and he greatly enjoyed it.
Service was a bit slow, and in a restaurant where we were one only 2 or 3 tables you've got to wonder about that. But the server was young and seemingly inexperienced and we all agreed he had the potential to be great once he gets into a groove.
This could be one of our new "go to" places, especially with visitors who are adventurous eaters.

1 Thank AidanSineadsMom
“Very yummy and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

The arepas and empanadas are delicious and they will gladly adjust the fillings to suit your individual tastes. There are lots of specials each day. Tons of vegetarian options!! Fun sodas for the kids, too. The prices are very good for what you get. Most of the dishes are small, so you can order several items and try different things. Sort of like tapas! One arepa won't fill you up if you are really hungry, so order more than just one. Oh, and the dessert we had was straight from heaven! I would go there just for dessert and coffee. Amazingly inexpensive desserts compared to typical restaurants that overprice their dessert menu...so definitely treat yourself to dessert!
Best of all, the owners are simply fabulous. Friendly, warm...the ideal family-owned restaurant!
(Don't expect exotic imported beer though...the bar is a bit limited.)

1 Thank Joyce M