“A fantastic experience, what a find!”
Review of Elote's Cafe - CLOSED

Elote's Cafe
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Cafe, Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Description: There is a mistake in your description, our restaurant is a Venezuelan and Latin American Restaurant. Please could you fix this? We will appreciated it Regards Luis Asprino
Arvada
“A fantastic experience, what a find!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I decided to try Elote's after reading great reviews online and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the prices were very reasonable. The black bean soup was superb. The criollo was excellent and my wife had the special which was termed vegetable pudding. The vegetable pudding was like nothing either of us had ever had and was topped with an incredible bechamel sauce. For dessert we had flan and coconut cake which were scrumptious. The owner, Luis is charming and gracious. We will be back again and again. Make sure to mapquest the location because it is not easily visible. I am sure that they will soon have to move to a larger location if everyone love this place as much as we did.

Arvada Colorado
“Charming and Delicious”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We enjoyed the food immensely. The mango juice is deliciously thick, more like a refresco (smoothie). No one else in the family wanted to order the tajadas (fried plantains with queso) but once they came to the table everyone was happy to help me eat them! My son enjoyed his arepa (white corn pocket, something like a pita) filled with chicken, beans and cheese. I had the vegetarian dumplings, and while I could not place all the veggies cooked in this polenta dumpling they were really cooked. The kale salad was also tasty, and I'm not usually a big fan of kale. My husband had the steak with a mango glaze and he greatly enjoyed it.
Service was a bit slow, and in a restaurant where we were one only 2 or 3 tables you've got to wonder about that. But the server was young and seemingly inexperienced and we all agreed he had the potential to be great once he gets into a groove.
This could be one of our new "go to" places, especially with visitors who are adventurous eaters.

1 Thank AidanSineadsMom
“Very yummy and friendly”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The arepas and empanadas are delicious and they will gladly adjust the fillings to suit your individual tastes. There are lots of specials each day. Tons of vegetarian options!! Fun sodas for the kids, too. The prices are very good for what you get. Most of the dishes are small, so you can order several items and try different things. Sort of like tapas! One arepa won't fill you up if you are really hungry, so order more than just one. Oh, and the dessert we had was straight from heaven! I would go there just for dessert and coffee. Amazingly inexpensive desserts compared to typical restaurants that overprice their dessert menu...so definitely treat yourself to dessert!
Best of all, the owners are simply fabulous. Friendly, warm...the ideal family-owned restaurant!
(Don't expect exotic imported beer though...the bar is a bit limited.)

1 Thank Joyce M
Golden, CO
“Great ethnic restaurant serving Venezuelan food”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Wonderful restaurant serving delicious Venezuelan food. Food is fresh and tasty, prices reasonable, portion size is reasonable as well. Owner "Luis" is onsite, and a warm and happy soul. This is a small place, but one I'll recommend to friends and return to again.

1 Thank Goldenphysician
kaiserslautern, Germany
“excellent place”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Elote's Café is satisfying, innovative, reasonably priced. The Venezuelan owner is charming and helpful when it comes to explaining the dishes, and everything is made from scratch. I had a traditional dish of shredded pork, beans, and rice, but it came with a tasty salad made with kale and fruit, and there were other tempting entrees. Elote can be a little tough to find - it's on a busy highway but the sign is hard to see, and it's in a small mall with other tenants. But it's worth looking for.

• Visited April 2014