“Not worth the wait!!! ”

Ranked #43 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Voted BEST PIZZA in Denver 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015! Our pizza is always hot, fresh & made to order--our dough, sauces, meatballs & sausage are homemade. Proudly serving the Golden, Colorado area for over 27 years! We offer dine-in, pick up, catering, take-n-bake, and online ordering!
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I've decided this pizzeria only caters to Mines students and locals. They do nothing to invite new customers. They don't really care. Ambience is stripmall standard. Pizza was just mediocre. Not very flavorful. Wait for a deep dish was excruciatingly long, although you are warned by yellow signs that it will take 30 minutes; more like 45 minutes. Bathroom is unisex and never available. Service was terrible. No smiles, no customer service, no going back! So many places with better pizza and a better time.

2  Thank Cologal78
Ann Marie B, Owner at Mannie & Bo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

TSHub,

Our menus CLEARLY indicate deep dish pizza takes a minimum of 45 minutes, not 30 minutes (30 minutes is the estimate for a thin-crust). I'm sorry you missed this as I can tell by what you wrote it set off your entire experience. As for our bathrooms, we have 3! Yes, 3, one ladies room, one men's room, and one unisex. I'm sorry if you only saw 1 restroom but the 3 restrooms are all next to each other so how you missed that is beyond me.

No, we certainly do not cater only to Mines & locals, and we do plenty of advertising to bring in new customers that is why we are busy all of the time (and keep winning Best Pizza in Denver contests over & over). Again, sorry your thought your experience sucked because your food didn't come out fast enough & you couldn't wait for a restroom --afterall, we seat 150+ so if we are a full house, most people are smart enough to figure out that there will be some kind of wait.

There are newer reviews for Mannie & Bo's Pizzeria

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I have Mannie & Bo's Pizza every time I go to Golden, CO. I have had it with cream cheese, just cheese plus the other variety they offer plus they accommodate our special orders. I have to admit it's always been carry-out. Even the next day as a left over lunch the pizza is as fresh and tasty as it was the night before. I wouldn't pass up this pizza.

2  Thank Denise M
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I ordered a $25 meal to be delivered to my place of business under the impression everything i ordered would arrive not the cxase and after calling to let management know i never recived my $4 salad i was told too bad you should have called eairlier my driver cashed out !!! RREALLY? What crappy cutomer service treating the cutomer like poop making them feel like thaey dont matter is crap. the food was the owrst and not to mention you expect to get EVERYTHING YOU PAID FOR not the case at all i was told too bad we cant help you. I heard great things about this place but it was false crappy food crappy service crappy delivery and they stold $4 from a paying customer who will NEVER RETURN!!!!
BEING neighbors here in Golden you would think customers come first and will be taking care of unfourtunatly this place BITES !!! AND I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO PASS THIS ON TO MY NEIGHBORS IN GOLDEN i DONOT RECOMMEND THIS CRAPPY PLACE, from now on I will continue to go to a real italian place that treats their cutomers right LECHUGAS IN DENVER

4  Thank Brenda D
Ann Marie B, Owner at Mannie & Bo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Brenda,

I do apologize for our driver forgetting your salad, and I will gladly have him bring you back your 3.29 on your next business day. I do not know why our host made things so stressful for you. I guess because you called several hours after you received your food order to complain about it, perhaps my host thought you were not being truthful. Who knows.

However, what I do not appreciate is your writing me and yelling about our food tasting like dog food. Do you make a habit out of eating dog food? I understand you are pissed about the salad but you've got to be freakin' kidding me about our food. We have a line out the door most nights, and our food always wins "Best Of" accolades.

Being pissed about your refund is one thing but exaggerating the truth is another. Get over it. You will see your refund on Monday.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

They say something on the menu about bringing Mannie and Bo's pizza from Chicago....I grew up in Chicago eating great pizza and this place doesn't come close. It took a long time to get the pizza and it was a disappointment. The crust was like a stale cracker and very bland, the tomato sauce was very average, the sausage a little bit spicy, but not very good, could use more anise seed in it, the toppings were ok, but the overall taste was below average. The server was really busy and couldn't make it to our table to refill the 20 free refill drinks. I wouldn't eat here again.

1  Thank KiteboardingMan
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My brother and I have been sampling pizza from coast to coast for the past 50 years, with our earliest experiences occurring on the East Coast with New York style pies in the early 60’s. In spite of those early pie cut influences we adapted without trouble to the square cut thin crust styles prevalent in the Upper Midwest. We don’t get the opportunity to share pizza with any frequency given our respective Milwaukee and Colorado Springs home addresses, but a business trip to the Golden, CO area and the prospects of “Denver’s Best Pizza” at Mannie & Bo’s Pizzeria had the potential of a memorable dining experience.

We arrived around 8:00 pm on a Wednesday night (7-24-13) to find a fair number of diners but plenty of seating options. We chose a booth on an outside window. My brother remarked that the interior and the men’s bathroom reminded him of the scenes inside the Italian restaurant where Michael Corleone made his “peace” with the corrupt Captain McClusky and Virgil Salatzo in “The Godfather” – perfect ambiance for dining on Italian cuisine. We ordered an “extra crispy” 16” Cheese, Sausage, Mushroom, Onion and Green Pepper pizza and sat back and munched on the free buttered popcorn and worked on our beers.

The pizza came out in just under 30 minutes, as advertised, and looked great. I noted that the pie was sitting on a screen with a solid pan beneath - used to allow air transfer beneath the crust to prevent the dreaded condensation and keep the crust dry and crip. My first piece was an outside edge, and given the “extra crispy” order I expected my first bite to offer notable crunch and snap, but instead it was more like a moderate crush/compression. The crust was indeed thin and firm enough to support the ample toppings but it lacked the flakiness and crispness of a truly crispy thin crust pizza. In spite of the crust’s shortcomings on the crispy side, the toppings were savory and well distributed, indicating the time and care taken in the assembly process. I did find that the green peppers rather scant, but the presence of sausage, mushroom and onion along with ample amounts of cheese made up for this. I don’t recall anything that stood out about the sauce –volume or taste, but it clearly served as a key supporting member of the cast. As I worked to the other side of the pizza I did come across some pieces that were more crispy in crust consistency, especially near the outer edges.

Timing of the service meshed well with our desire to continue the update on each other’s lives that we had begun earlier over beers at a brewery on the other side of town.

A marked opportunity for improvement became evident when paying the check – the distinct absence of an automated itemized receipt. While we weren’t in any particular hurry – our leftovers boxed and still some beer to drink, I had failed to note the absence of an itemized receipt with the credit card receipt when our server delivered them to our table. My brother eventually got the attention of our server, and then some time later a young woman brought as she stated, “an old school” hand written on a piece of yellow scratch paper “itemized receipt” to the table. I can’t say this the first time doing business dining that I’d experienced the absence of a machine printed itemized receipt, but when I do it is always a hassle, as my employer insists on such a receipt to verify that I didn’t simply “drink my dinner” as well as likely comply with some aspect of IRS business expense reporting rules.

I can’t wait to see my manager’s expression when he examines the hand written itemized receipt for our otherwise memorable dining experience at Mannie & Bo’s Pizzeria.

Ann Marie B, Owner at Mannie & Bo's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

I want to personally thank you for your information-rich review. I wish everyone was as thorough as you--regarding your description of our establishment and menu items.

Thank you for coming in for dinner on your business trip. Your patronage is truly appreciated.