“Our anniversary dinner was the best!”
Review of The Briarwood

The Briarwood
Reserve with OpenTable
The Briarwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Hwy 58
Description: Colorado's finest private venue destination for weddings, corporate and social events and holiday celebrations.
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our anniversary at The Briarwood Inn. We opted for the Prix Fixe Menu (Four course meal). The appetizer was large enough for 4 people. Shrimp, assorted crackers and spreads, all top quality. Soup was next course, I had the lobster bisque it was the best I've eaten. My wife had the french onion, she loved it. Main course I chose the Medallions Briarwood with lobster tail, it was fantastic. My wife chose the Filet Mignon it was perfect as well. Lastly the dessert tray, light and satisfying without being stuffed. The service was outstanding and the restaurant is cozy and charming. One of the best dinners we've eaten.

1  Thank Dan P
There are newer reviews for The Briarwood

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Gotta tell ya -- I think the place is going down. I took 14 members of my family -- all the ladies -- to Christmas tea in December 2013 and it was one of the worst dining experiences ever. Besides the very poor service, we were served "raw" (I mean raw) scones, cold soups, stale sandwiches and pre-made desserts that looked and tasted like they could have come from Sam's Club. All of that for $38 bucks a head (no matter of age). Our server just seemed perplexed and didn't know what to do...we spoke to the GM of the restaurant...said he was sorry, that it didn't sound like what they would ever do, and that he would follow up with me after the holidays. Have never heard a word since! So...let's add poor customer service to the list. Very unhappy patrons and 3 families who were regulars will never be returning. I think they heydey is over. Too bad really.

1  Thank Shamrockinmom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I took my wife to the Briarwood Inn for a birthday lunch. It's still expensive but a great place for those times you want to remember. We were there December 31 and very few customers. Food was very good and the service was wonderful. The appetizer tray is still overpriced so we skipped it. The Christmas (or holiday for the PC) decorations were still on display and really enhanced the atmosphere. The Briarwood is still one of our favorites.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

A fairly large sedate New Years eve gathering at the Briarwood. And new years eve is a busy one, but still.... Lovely private room off the bar, nice waitstaff, and good appetizers. The rest... not so great. The menu is tired, and the food was executed in a barely perfunctuary manner. Soups and salad dull, Flavors muddy and uninspired. Many dinners were cold. One steak was ordered med rare and came out well done and cold..and desserts were dry and tasteless. Over priced for a menu stuck in the 80's. but if it had been well executed it could have had 4 stars.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I chose the Briarwood for my birthday dinner. It has been years since we visited the Briarwood and I was really looking forward to going back. We chose the price fixed menu and we each had the New York steak. I think I was disappointed since we remember the restaurant when it was young and there was valet parking. When there was snow, the valet would have your car warmed up and waiting and the service was truly excellent. I missed the crumb removal between courses and it was odd to see the manager on the floor with white trainers vs a dress shoe. The rug in the bathroom was really dirty and the soap dispenser was caked with soap that had dripped over the side. The plate my salad came on was dirty underneath (I discovered this when I went to turn the plate and my hand stuck to the bottom). They should forget the desert tray. There were two one inch, dried out brownies, two cut bananas, about an inch and a half long, rolled in coconut, two, very dried out, creme puffs and two dried out tarts. They were served on a large glass tray, making them look sparse and unappetizing. Our steaks were flavorful but really undercooked based on what we'd ordered. They did ofter to fix the steaks. I used to love the Briarwood. It used to be a truly special place and I realize that maybe a $60 dinner doesn't buy much any more but we were disappointed in the care of the restaurant and the food prep. I don't think it's too much to ask that the dishes and glasses be clean. We won't be back.