“They just don't make them like this anymore”
Review of The Briarwood

The Briarwood
Reserve with OpenTable
The Briarwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th and Hwy 58
Description: Colorado's finest private venue destination for weddings, corporate and social events and holiday celebrations.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

First of all every dinner starts with a platter of shrimp, salmon butter, spinach dip, cheese, eggplant tapenade. Moving on to a warm spinach salad with oranges and a hot bacon dressing. Then your entree and dessert. They have recently improved their desserts, as they use to serve dried out brownies and cake. However now it's lovely little pastries and sweet treats. It this doesn't make you hungry and ready to dine here, then stay home and eat a hot dog.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

You can never go wrong at The Briarwood. The ambiance is relaxing and romantic, the service is absolutely the best, and the food is always wonderful! Make a reservation for your next celebration and you won't be sorry!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family had brunch at the Briarwood Inn the Sunday before Christmas. They were ready for us when we arrived at our scheduled reservation time. The decor sets one in the holiday mood and the pastry tray at the table where we sat was delicious. Briairwood has entree selections that were all quite tantalizing. I had the Eggs Benedict and it was very good as was the fresh fruit, the OJ and champagne. Service was outstanding and we enjoyed the give and take with our waiter. Overall a great dining experience, one I would recommend everyone who is in the Golden, CO area try.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

On Dec 23rd I took my wife out on a date night at the Briarwood. This is an out of the way location in Golden which is just West of Denver. The restaurant is located in an old Victorian home along a creek and at the edge of town and is kind of hidden from the main roads. We had an 8 pm reservation which I made thru Open Table.

We were greated as we entered the building by the very professional staff and seated by a fireplace, very cozy and romantic. The entire building is decorated in extravagant style with garlands, trees and white lights all around. It is one of the most beautiful holiday settings we have ever seen in a restaurant.

Next, we experienced the menu which is fabulous. The price you see on the menu seems to be exorbitant but when you consider it is a single price for an entire 4 course meal, the price is very reasonable. You start out with an over the top appetizer tray. It has tiger shrimp with cocktail sauce, cheese, olive tapenade, salmon butter, pâté, spinach water chestnut dip and crackers. This is fantastic with a glass of wine of which I had a nice Malbec and my wife had a Riesling.

The appetizer was followed by a chioce of salad, spinach or vinaigrette. I had the spinach which was warm with bacon and mandarin oranges. My wife had the vinaigrette.

The main course was a delight. The main course determines the price of your meal and you have a choose of steaks, crab, lobster, duck, fish or other game meats. I chose the filet while my wife had the rainbow trout. Both were served perfectly prepared with proper sides. The service was impeccable, attentive but not intrusive.

We finished the meal with the amazing dessert tray. It had chocolate dipped strawberries, double chocolate brownies, bananas rolled in roasted cocoanut and a pumpkin pound cake. If I had a complaint, it would be that the coffee should have been included in the price of the meal but was not.

All said, this is a five star experience that lasted almost 2 hours. We enjoyed it tremendously and will visit again. The overall price for our meal with the tip was $160 and was as good as any fine dining experience we have had.

1  Thank colobrad1989
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We chose the Briarwood for Christmas dinner expecting a festive atmosphere and great food and we were not disappointed. The service was attentive and courteous and the servers were quite willing to stop for a moment and snap a photo in front of the beautiful Christmas tree. The food was wonderful. Christmas is about the only time of the year that I eat beef and the prime rib was fork-tender and practically melted. The meal is almost overwhelming, starting with the appetizer tray and ending with the dessert tray, but it certainly makes for a grand occasion. Loved it.