“Baba ganoush is amazing!”
Review of Ali Baba Grill

Ali Baba Grill
Ranked #9 of 159 Restaurants in Golden
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a terrific restaurant with the best baba ganoush & hummus around. You can buy both at whole foods. Also wonderful gyros - a great lunch deal & good dinner spot but it does get busy on the weekends!

Reviewed October 6, 2010

I have been going to Ali Baba for years and used to rave about both the food and service. I now wonder if it has different owners or a new manager. The service is slow and the staff rude (and dont go blaming that on culture). Meat and seafood is overcooked and the pita straight from a plastic bag. The only thing it has going for it now is the decor. We swore we wouldnt go back after we sat at a table for ten minutes without water or a menu. We were in the front room and both waiters on duty could see us; one was busy on a personal call and the other lost in wrapping forks in napkins. We finally walked out after a group who came in after us were given water and a menu as soon as they were seated. We have given them two more chances since then and they havent won us back.

Reviewed August 15, 2010

I love coming to this restaurant afer a day of skiing in the mountains or a nice bike ride in the area.

One of my favorite dishes is the lamb curry. For $12.95 you get a salad, 2 pitas with hummus and the lamb curry dish which comes with the lamb, carrots potatoes in a great tasting sauce and basmati race on the side.

The inside is very nice. The second level of the interior is a great place to dine. I feel like I'm the Middle East with the couch dining, wall decorations and water fountain in the middle.

In the summer they have outside dining.

Service might forget about you for a bit but recent dining hasn't been the case.

They may want to mix it up with a couple of new dishes every once-in-a-while but I'm still happy to come here every month or so.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Great restaurant for Golden! The reviewers that complained about service absolutely missed the point. They should stick to fine dining establishments in Denver downtown. This is a casual local neighbourhood restaurant operated by non-Americans, so expect them to be. Service was reasonably prompt and courteous. The place is quite large, so expect some waiting time during busy periods. The food was great value, portions were huge (even for the lunch specials) and decor inviting and authentic. My wife and I were in Golden for a 9-day seminar, and this restaurant ranks at the top, even beyond D Deli which was rated no. 1 at the time of this review.

Reviewed March 26, 2010

The people here are always so rude!
I've had it - we won't be going back.

Been to Ali Baba Grill? Share your experiences!