“Great place for a good meal & I love the apple” 4 of 5 bubbles

Old Capitol Grill
Ranked #42 of 148 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Golden, Colorado
“Great place for a good meal & I love the apple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I eat at the Capitol Grill several times a month. The food is always good and the selection is varied. Service is good and the apple is a great "take away."

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Good Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This was the second time I have been here Both times the food has been great. Unfortunately the service this second time had something to be desired. Being the klutz I am, I accidentally spilt my mostly full glass of soda all over the table. I was able to wipe up the majority of it, but as tried to get the attention of our waitress to get a new one -- she was too busy flirting with two young gentleman and the few times she checked on tables it was never ours or the one next to us.

The first time I went the food and service was excellent. I will probably give the restaurant another try as the food was amazing, but if I ever get the same waitress I will ask to be moved to another area.

Recommend you try it.

Visited February 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Great food in historic downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We visited Golden a little late (around 3:00) on a weekday afternoon. We went to the historic downtown area and just sort of picked this place because we liked the vibe of it. It is in a historic building and just seemed cool. We had to wait about 15 minutes to be seated and it was surprisingly sort of crowded for that time of day. My wife and I each had the onion soup (awesome), an order of chicken fingers (decent) and split a buffalo burger (had to try it - quite tasty). The portions were very large for the price. We had a Coors "banquet" beer just because the factory is there (not very good). Service was a little slow and waitress was just OK. Nice bar in the front for watching sports.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arvada, Colorado
“Lunch with car club”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had a group of about 20 go for lunch and they provided great service for us. No waiting because of the size of our group. Old Golden flavor for décor.

Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Great place and Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Worth stopping in for lunch when in Golden.
The selection of local brews is good.
The food is great- i had the bison melt
Service is attentive and quick

Not the place for an upscale meal though - an average bar interior but clean and bright interior.
Do not expect fancy menu either, mostly bar food.

• Visited November 2013