“The Food and Service was GREAT!”

Old Capitol Grill & Smokehouse
Ranked #43 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“The Food and Service was GREAT!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We came there after the brewery tour and there was a short wait at 2:30. Fortunately a few spots at the bar opened up. The bartender was very nice, he even changed the channel on one of their many tvs so we could watch our home state college football team! Go Badgers! I had the Buffalo Melt and it was delicious! My friends had the Salmon and Deep Fried Fish and they both enjoyed their meals as well. Two thumbs up! I'm glad we randomly chose this place.

Lincoln, Nebraska
“In the heart of Golden”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Had lunch with my wife on the way to see the mountain aspens in full color. Sitting outside allowed us to enjoy the amazingly quaint Golden downtown. Very timely and courteous service. My meatloaf sandwich was good and hearty. We will drop by this original Colorado Capitol building next time we're in the area.

Visited October 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“Good Location, OK Food and Service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went to the Old Capitol Grill with the wife while out on a "date night". It's conveniently located in the thick of it in downtown Golden. We went on a Friday night at the "Prime Time" of 6:30 and didn't have any trouble getting a table.

They had a decent beer selection and minimal wine selection. I ordered a craft beer and they brought me a fruity version of the beer which wasn't listed on the menu. When I questioned them they said "that's all they had". Would have been nice to know before I ordered.

My wife ordered the salmon with broccoli and clam chowder to start with while I got the half rack of ribs with scalloped potatoes and chili. When they brought out the wife's chowder my chili was no where in site. Unfortunately it was the last we saw of the waiter until the entrees arrived. It was a good thing the chili didn't show up as the portions were pretty good sized.

My wife rated the salmon as OK, saying it could have used a little more spice. The ribs were a little on the dry side, but the BBQ sauce was flavorful. The scalloped potatoes were a little disappointing as they seemed to just be sliced potatoes with cheese on top resulting in a pretty dry dish.

All-in-all not a place we would go back to as there are plenty of other good spots within walking distance. However it was very reasonably priced.

• Visited October 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“okay”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Husband had filet migion (sp) which was delicious, but his fried onion rings were dry and tough. I had a veggie quesadilla which was very good. The restaurant looked tired to me. Needs some updating. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly!

• Visited September 2013
Indianapolis
“Great food!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I had a meatloaf sandwich and it was so good. My husband had a chicken fried steak sandwich and loved it. Good atmosphere, good service, good food.

• Visited September 2013