“okay”

Old Capitol Grill & Smokehouse
Ranked #34 of 152 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our Place is Yours: Old Capitol Grill & Smokehouse has become one of Colorado’s favorite eateries for locals and visitors alike. The Capitol offers up a full menu of on-site smoked meats, classic American fare, featuring our housemade dishes with some unique twists, in an historic setting. We have brought back some of the grandeur of the building from its heyday as the capitol building of the Colorado Territory and in celebration of Colorado’s beauty. The colors, light fixtures and wall art are reflective of the mid-1800s period, when Colorado’s Territorial Legislature met within its walls.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Husband had filet migion (sp) which was delicious, but his fried onion rings were dry and tough. I had a veggie quesadilla which was very good. The restaurant looked tired to me. Needs some updating. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I had a meatloaf sandwich and it was so good. My husband had a chicken fried steak sandwich and loved it. Good atmosphere, good service, good food.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I will start by saying our waiter was a friendly, nice guy - and helpful despite being very busy and having another table scream (literally) at him. He made accomodations for my food allergy, too. However, the food was atrocious. They make about no effort to have a good menu or quality food. Management should be ashamed. With a central location I suppose it is easy to know you'll just get tourist foot traffic no matter what, but they could try. It is pathetic, and gross. I'd rather go buy some wonder bread and slather it with mayo.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

DO NOT eat at this place. I ordered a new york strip and it came with a rind of fat like I've never seen. Just awful. Really disappointing.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Definitely happy we chose Old Capitol Grill for lunch. The service was great! The buffalo wings were incredible and the cheeseburger was one of the best I have had. Also, the restaurant and bathroom were very clean and the prices were very reasonable.