“Second visit and still just as good”

Woody's Woodfired Pizza
Ranked #2 of 151 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Phoenix, Arizona
“Second visit and still just as good”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great atmosphere. Good food and good scenery if you sit out on the patio. This was out second visit and I would go back again!

• Visited July 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“I need to move to Golden!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We stopped on after seeing a wonderful production at The Miner's Alley and I love bacon! They have Sticky Piggy Sticks on their starter menu which are house cured brown sugar pepper bacon served with a spicy honey habanero sauce! I was in heaven with this!!! It was both crunchy and chewy and sweet and spicy!
We also had awesome service! My friends really enjoyed their salad and pizza bar and delicious root beer! This place is a gem, and I will defiantly be returning for more if their delicious bacon!!!!

california
“Not just pizza”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch because the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed. Lucky for us! I was not in the mood for pizza, but please don't think that is all they have. The menu has many terrific choices and if I lived in Golden I would be here all the time. We shared a pulled pork sandwich, which was delicious. It came with french fries, which are often an afterthought. Not these. They were crispy with just the right touch of sea salt. Our server, and I'm so sorry I didn't get her name, was terrific. Even though she was busy she stopped by many times to check on us, had a smile for everyone and was very knowledgeable about the menu. We walked out full and happy.

Santa Barbara, CA
“Great Food & Local Colorado Beer”
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We saw this place was crowded so we decided to have lunch here. The menu had various types of food. There are local Colorado beers on tap. So, don't worry you don't have to drink Coors. The BLT and pizza was fabulous. In the area, drop by and have pint and pizza.

Visited June 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Pesto, pizza and salad buffet”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We visited on a Wednesday afternoon immediately following a tour at Coors Brewery and is located within the heart of Golden, Colorado (within three blocks of the Coors lot). Woody's Wood-fired Pizza is part of the Golden Ticket promotion within the city. Woody's has an extensive menu of pizza, salads, sandwiches, and a buffet. We arrived approximately 2:30 in the afternoon and the salad and pizza bar appeared very fresh. Woody's also has an extensive array of beers on tap, bottled, and other refreshments. Our waitress was knowledgeable and friendly, offering multiple ways for us to get the best deals on salad and pizza (one trip versus multiple trips to the salad versus pizza bar-all are priced differently for what works for you). We all resorted to having the endless buffet. The salad was fresh with multiple toppings and the soup of the day was Gouda Cheese soup-it was delicious. The pizza for which the place is known, was outstanding! I had a slice of the tree-hugger (vegetarian) and next, a slice of the walnut pesto and bacon pizza. The pesto pizza was by far the best I have ever had. Woody's pesto pizza is what I will dream about it when I crave pizza from now on. The entire meal was $11 per person. Very inexpensive, especially when the Golden ticket discount was used. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

• Visited June 2014

Been to Woody's Woodfired Pizza? Share your experiences!