“Service sucks”

Tafolino's Fine Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #76 of 152 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Food is good but the service is usually bad. We had not been here for awhile and went the other day for lunch. Food was out quick and was good but when we asked for a togo box we were snubbed by the waiter and never give one even when the table right next to us received theirs. The waiter then stood in front of the window staring out and never came back over to our table even when we motioned him over. He would turn and stare out the window. At one time he walked by our table texting on his phone.
We will not be back as this same service has happened to us before. At checkout the owner asked us how everything was, we told him And he says "Oh". Nough said!

1  Thank Sarah B

Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

We ended up here after a long day of hiking and rock climbing. I was starved for a true mexican meal and this was just what I needed! True authentic tacos on homemade flour tortillas with perfect steak pieces, I had to ask for my limes, but it's okay! My meal was perfect and had large portions, enough to share a taco with my hubby who's never had a true mexican meal! I will definitely go back every time I'm out this way in Lakewood, Co!!

Reviewed May 5, 2012

We stopped in because our usual digs were closed for remodeling. Their pitcher if house margarita wasn't bad, and was bigger than we expected. Everything was ok, but nothing was amazing. Service was good. We thought prices were ok, although I think it would have been a better deal with the coupon we get in the mail all the time (but didn't have with us because we weren't planning on going). Chips and salsa were fresh and warm and good. The green chile was interesting - had a late kick. Red sauce was kinda average, nothing amazing. Quite a bit of food - good sized meal. I would go back if I was in the area, but wouldn't make special trip. Seemed like a place for older folks (a little on the gringo side), which is ok, just an observation.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I love Tafolino's. The family members who run it are always welcoming and smiling. The food is good, basic genuine Mexican food - which I love. I always know I'll get a good meal at Taf's and that's what I go for....again and again.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

We were in the Golden area looking for dinner. I had looked at some of the names of places here on Tripadvisor, but nothing had stuck out. As we were driving down the street I saw their name and recognized it from the list, so we pulled in.

It is in a strip mall and not a place I would stop at normally. The greeting at the door was tepid, but we got seated right away and soon were munching on just made tortilla chips and good salsa. Beer was on special for happy hour, so we were happy campers.

My husband and I both enjoyed our dinner, sadly I can't recall the names of what we had, but we would return and try anything on their menu!