“Come for Lunch BEFORE 3 pm!”
Review of Thai Monkey Club

Thai Monkey Club
Ranked #96 of 152 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I loved the food but I do not think that one should pay dinner prices at 3:30 in the daytime. I can understand when the special is over at 3:00 pm but the other items should be served at lunch prices until 5:00 pm. One plus is that one can order brown rice and gluten free recipes! The red curry starts at Level Two spicy -- spicy enough for me! Green curry is Level Three (out of 8) so be warned. Delicious thai iced tea.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

As a person who enjoys eating street food while traveling, I often judge a restaurant offerings by the flavors I find on the streets or in a home cooked meal. For me, padi is the standard by which I judge Thai restaurants as I do with cheese and beans for Mexican restaurants.

Unfortunately, Thai Monkey Club Padi does not live up to my expectations. The padi flavor in my opinion was very bland and not as lively as it should be for being made in a Thai restaurant. Maybe there other dishes are more flavorful but I was definitely disappointed with the padi.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The food is especially good and worth the price. The lunch menu is pretty cheap. It's a bit crowded but not uncomfortably so.I went once during dinner and some of the employee's kids were running around the store and one ended up sitting up behind me at the bar area and they kept kicking me. So besides that the restaurant was great.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Absolutely some of the best Thai food around. This little, sparsely decorated spot just off the main drag in downtown Golden is a find. I went with a friend who has spent some time in Thailand and she raved about it, too. The wait staff is lovely - attentive but in a quiet, respectful manner and not at all intrusive. If you're going for lunch, go a little early as the restaurant fills up by noon.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Since opening in downtown Golden, Thai Monkey Club has become one of the restaurants we frequent the most. The food is outstanding; we particularly love the massamun and panang curries, and if you like tofu, they do it really, really well. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and the food arrives quickly to your table. If you like spicy, be sure to mention it. They will present you with a stand holding three different ways to spice up your dish that are simply outstanding. They used to run on a spicy scale of 1-6, but customers didn't realize how spicy it would get, so now they will bring on the spice only at a customer's request. We seriously love this place, and hope that you will bring them your patronage when you're in Golden.

Been to Thai Monkey Club? Share your experiences!