“Disgusting”

The Buffalo Rose
Ranked #29 of 149 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Disgusting”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I used to enjoy hanging at the bar at the Buff. The menu is not great so so I always stick to a burger and the hand cut fries. The food is the only thing that is still ok here. Seriously this place has gone downhill . The service is horrid. There has been a complete staff change and no one seems to know what is going on. Our waitress seemed completely annoyed to have to wait on us and once we got our food it was tasty until I found a hair in my fries. I could overlook that but once I saw what someone told me is the owner walk in with a big hairy dog it really sickened me. I am a dog lover but dear lord that is gross. I would have loved another drink to wash down the hairy fries but of course our waitress never came back and of course we had to chase her down to pay the bill. Never again!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Trina H

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Nice spot to grab a bite of bison”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

A friend and I had lunch here after touring the Coors plant. The bison burger was tasty, the fries were crispy and I had a Coors on tap since it's truly the local brew there.

Visited October 2013
Denver
“Excellent Patio”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We have been to Buffalo Rose many times and have always had a pleasant experience, keep in mind this is a "biker-bar". They typically have a good local band playing on the patio, very reasonable prices and good service. Their burger and beer special is a bargain! I would recommend this place if you're looking for a very casual atmosphere.

Visited May 2013
Smyrna, Delaware
“Surprisingly great food and accomodating service!”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We came here after our Coors brewery tour because they give you a coupon where you can win up to 20% off at local restaurants and stores, and this place was on the list. The decor and the people inside would lead you to believe this was a biker bar. We came with my mother, my husband and our 2 year old daughter. The staff was extremely accomodating and they brought my daughter's food out right away.
I had the bison burger with bleu cheese and bacon. I never had bison before and I must say it was delicious. My burger was cooked perfectly and I would definitely say I would try it again. In addition, we got 20% off our check with our coupon from the brewery!

• Visited September 2013
Trout Dale, Virginia
“Happy hour with live music”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Wandered onto the outdoor patio during happy hour, attracted by the live music. The draft beer selection was adequate, seeing as this establishment is a stone's throw from the Coors plant. The food was so-so, with brown "pork green chili". Service was a bit slow. Good location for hanging out and enjoying a beautiful Colorado day.

• Visited August 2013

Been to The Buffalo Rose? Share your experiences!