“WOW! What a Great Place!”
Review of Table Mountain Inn

Table Mountain Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Elbert, Colorado, United States
“WOW! What a Great Place!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

My husband Barry Ward was hired to perform at the Colorado Cowboy Gathering this past weekend. We were given accomodations at this hotel. Fantastic! We will return in the future for a personal stay to this beautiful and very accomodating lodging! Victoria Ward

Room Tip: I have no recommendations as I heard nothing but good from the other performers! I did not use the p...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Durango, CO
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were in town for a wedding and found the staff extremely accommodating with all our chaos, including providing late checkout times for many of us (I was alone with four kids and definitely appreciated their flexibility!) The room was clean, comfortable and unique, location was great, and in the snow we really appreciated the parking garage!

Only complaint was with the buffet served for the rehearsal dinner: We had a lot of leftover food and I was able to quickly track down a charity that accepted leftover food from weddings "all the time". When I asked how to arrange to take the food, I was told that it was against health code to serve food after 2 hours. When I pointed out that it hadn't been 2 hours, he said he still couldn't. When I asked to take it for myself, I couldn't. When I pointed out that he wasn't giving me food that he could legally serve and that we'd paid for, and in that event he should provide a refund, still he couldn't. He also couldn't provide me with his manager's contact information. He was friendly, but completely unhelpful and unreasonably sticking to rules that appeared to not actually be applicable because "last time I got in trouble". I dropped it as I didn't want to cause a fuss, but the hotel definitely needs to find a way to donate food legally. The idea that people could have eaten this perfectly good food but instead it went into the dumpster is ridiculous.

Otherwise would have been 5 stars, alas.

Room Tip: There is only one room that has an adjoining. It is larger with a spa tub, definitely worth asking f...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Burbank, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Sometimes it's nice to stay somewhere that isn't so corporate and cookie cutter. You won't be disappointed staying at Table Mountain Inn. It's close to area attractions and walking distance to some nice restaurants and bars. The restaurant and bar in the hotel are really good; area destinations themselves. The rooms are large and comfortable and the prices are competitive. Access is very easy in that the parking lot is right adjacent to the elevator that goes to the rooms. Wifi is free and it works great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This was a last minute reservation and I feel lucky to have gotten in. the people were very nice and helpful, the room was great and very comfortable and clean, we had a view facing west over most of the roof tops facing the foothills of the mountains. They have a restaurant and a bar downstairs. The Coors beer factory is just a few blocks away if you want a tour and shopping is basicly local shops. All in all a great place to stay without the big city noise but close enough to Denver for the big city Atmosphere.

Room Tip: We had a King Suite

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The hotel sits right in the heart of quaint Golden...perfect location for the holidays. The rooms were large , however, I found the beds uncomfortable. We were in the hotel for 6 nights including New Years Eve. (For New Years Eve I think the hotel should have put a little bottle of bubbly or trinkets just to make it a bit more festive esp since we paid more for the room that night)
The room was very nice but had no art on the walls.
Restaurant was good and servers were very attentive. We only had breakfasts there.
Front desk staff was attentive.
Lots of parking available.
Overall, I was very pleased with the Table Mountain Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of main street golden or the mountains. Our room faced another building...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We purchased their package deal for a room and show at nearby Miner's Alley Playhouse. The room was excellent, beds were comfy and soft. Showers had plenty of hot water and plenty of towels. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful, even helping me find a couple of safety pins at the last minute. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

Marana, Arizona
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Participated in their New Year's Eve package for the Abbey Road Show at Miner's Alley Theatre and staying overnight at this hotel. The staff at reception was extremely helpful and pleasant! Parking was an issue and they were helpful in assisting us. The room was extremely clean and had a variety of party favors, snacks, bottle of local beer and commemorative T shirts! Very nice little gifts and attractively displayed in the room. The only negative was the bed- although King size it was not very comfortable. I kept sliding onto my husband's side of the bed. I think most people must sleep on that side as was an end table there. (Could have used one on the other side also.) Guess the mattress is old and perhaps needs replacing.
We had a room with a balcony but no view-- not an issue as we were only staying the night. All in all a great experience. Would partake in this event again!

Room Tip: ASk for a Balcony room with a view