“Convenient to Mines campus”
Review of Table Mountain Inn

Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was a good place to stay for a meeting on the CSOM campus; maybe a half mile walk up the hill to the activities building. The first evening and morning of our stay we had an April snow and could not enjoy the view from the balcony, but the view was nice when the clouds cleared away.
The restaurant in the evening was very good (trout and soup), but breakfast service was just so-so.
Covered parking is on two separate levels with separate entrances from main and side streets.
Piped-in music was mostly soft rock from the 60's and 70's.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa L, General Manager at Table Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you stayed with us during your visit to the Colorado School of MInes. We are so close to the campus and depending where you need to be we are just a few minutes to a 20 minute walk to the other side of campus. Glad you had the chance to experience the Grill & Cantina for both dinner and breakfast. The Grill & Cantina is a locals favorite and provides a nice variety of menu items with a focus on southwestern flare. We hope to see you again in the future.

Hotel General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the moment you arrive at this adobe style hotel you are struck by it's charm. Friendly staff, spacious rooms, delicious food, super location and great views are just the beginning. I have had a relationship with TMI for 15 years. They welcome me back annually. I so love this hotel that I was married there in 2009. My husband, a native of France was enchanted by the hotel as well. The wedding/event coordinators are so helpful and the prices for everything are super reasonable. Such fond memories to cherish.

I stayed there again for 3 nights while in town on business last month. Just 20 minutes from downtown Denver, I love the drive west at the end of the day to leave the city behind. The second I walk into the lobby my cares melt away and feel like I am at home. I cannot offer enough compliments about The Table Mountain Inn! I would NEVER stay anywhere else while in the Denver area. It's the top of the top!

Room Tip: Request a room on the Washington Street side- the front of the hotel. It's quiet and there are g...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Lisa L, General Manager at Table Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your over the top kind words about Table Mountain Inn. We appreciate you and the 15 year relationship we have had. Keep coming back. See you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Table Mountain Inn. I was in Colorado on a business trip, and this Inn was on a recommendation list.

Although it is set up as a "traditional hotel", the owner gave it the feeling of "staying in a lodge". I have absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and felt comfortable in our Southwestern Boutique hotel with a 'lodge' feel. Wee hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

These guys are just the best.

Been staying there when I visit Golden for twenty plus years.

The location is great, the rooms can be rustic but all in all for the value and the atmosphere, they can not be beat.

Room Tip: Get covered parking early stay put and walk around.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Perfect? Thank you so much! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us soon.

Hotel General Manager

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We booked to stay at the Table Mountain Inn for 8 days to visit family, do a little skiing and take in the Rocky Mountains. The standard of service, facilities, comfort and cleanliness was second to none and didn't slack off at all during our stay. Service was genuinely with a smile. Parking was always available. Coming from the UK we had to rely on the website for information and a couple of phone calls. If I have one criticism it would be that the website doesn't do the hotel justice. The hotel and staff are just lovely, and couldn't have been more helpful. Certainly hope to return!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reading your review brings chills to my spine. Thank you so much for your kind words about Table Mountain Inn and our staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.

best!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I decided we needed a quick escape to celebrate our fifth anniversary. We live in Littleton and wanted a close place to stay and Golden was perfect! We had a great experience at Table Mountain Inn. We absolutely loved the room - so spacious and what a great view from our balcony. {I would highly recommend upgrading to a room with a balcony - so worth it!} I only wished we had more time to enjoy it. We also LOVED the beds...so comfortable. Only a few complaints. Upon check-in, the lady at the front desk spent about 20 minutes on a phone call and didn't even acknowledge our presence. I would have appreciated if she at least looked at us or let us know she'd be with us as soon as possible. It almost made me feel like she didn't appreciate our business. Not a great first touch point. Also, the service in the bar was exceptionally slow (it was a busy night in the restaurant, which could explain why). We sat for a long time waiting to get served and to get our first round of drinks. We almost left and went somewhere else. Since the check-in process took a long time, we were starving and unfortunately the appetizer we ordered came out cold. Our server did the best she could and took good care of us, but I could tell she was overwhelmed and had too many tables. Other than that, the stay was nice and was perfect for a weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a balcony overlooking downtown Golden - beautiful!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa L, General Manager at Table Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Happy 5th Anniversay! I am always excited to hear about our guests that Get Away without having to go too far. Golden is such a neat destination for people who live in the metro area. Thank you for choosing Table MOuntain Inn to celebrate your 5th wedding anniversay. I am sorry to hear about your disatisfaction at check-in. You are right, our GSA should have acknowledged you upon arrival. The Cantina is an active bar at night. Again I am sorry the service was slow. Thank you for your comments on the comfortable beds and your passion for the rooms that overlook downtown. Those are our Table Moutain Grand Kings and Santa Fe Suites. Please come back and see us again soon.

Best!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Table Mountain Inn is a beautiful, somewhat rustic hotel. My husband and I live in metro Denver and went to Table Mountain Inn for a quick weekend getaway. It was wonderful. The hotel restaurant is wonderful - with at least two awesome waiters - Ben and Conner. The only negative I can give the hotel is the young woman at the check-in desk. She was curt, unfriendly and seemed bothered by our questions. We checked in late afternoon on a Friday. She did not appear busy - as we were the only ones there at that time. She is NOT the person you want as the first face people meet at the hotel. Other than an unpleasant interaction with that lady, our stay at this hotel was great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Great to hear you are in the Metro Area and took sometime to 'get away without having to go too far'. Golden is a great get a way and pairing it with an overnite at Table Mountain Inn, can't be beat. Glad you had the opportunity to experience the Grill & Cantina as well. The restaurant is a locals favorite. I am so sorry to hear you were not provided with a warm welcome. Certainly is NOT the atmosphere or culture we promote at Table Mountain Inn. Please come back and see us soon.

Best!