“Home away from home”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Casper, Wyoming
“Home away from home”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

To my good friends at the Golden Hotel...I spend a good portion of my time away from home, more times than not I am in Golden as that is where my corporate office is. At first I chose the Golden Hotel due to its location to where I worked, after staying there a few times I realized that while the location was great, it was not why I stayed there. Graciela, April, Brett, Nate, Aaron, Mike, Samantha, Barb and Eric (I am sure I am missing somebody... very sorry) always remember me and take the time to make me feel at home, this means a lot to me as I have 2 young children and a wife at home that I miss very much. If I could make one suggestion it would be to bring back the lobster Mack and cheese!:) I would not stay anywhere else, Thank you all for the effort, it is truly appreciated by this guest and will never be forgotten!! BTW...the Cheesecake rocks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank David G
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Thank you so very much for your 5 star review of our property. We truly appreciate your kind comments regarding our hotel, the service you receive and our amazing team members. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our team members. We feel honored you consider us your “home away from home” and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our friend got married on the patio behind the hotel. It was beautiful! We were there for a long weekend, but only stayed in this hotel one night. We wished we would have stayed there the whole trip. I enjoyed the whole look of the hotel, and the rooms were big and comfy. I loved the showers, and the bed was amazing. The view out our window was beautiful, and it was a close walk to pretty much everything! We really enjoyed our stay here, and it was a great place for a small wedding reception!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments; we really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed our location, guest rooms and the view. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team!
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed April 27, 2014

My husband and I couldn't have been happier with our stay at The Golden Hotel. The location was lovely, and our room (suite, since we were upgraded) was one of our favorites of all time. Everything was perfect. We really didn't want to leave.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dana S, Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel and your absolutely wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. We are thrilled to hear that you didn’t want to leave and that everything was perfect– what great compliments! We hope to welcome you back if your travels bring you back to beautiful Golden, Colorado!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I recently spent a very long week at the golden hotel. While there was not a single event in itself that was horrendous, it was the culmination of these:

Computer system was down so we had to wait 15 minutes before we could get our keys.
Specifically requested a room away from the elevator, but received a room three steps from the elevators.
Front desk lost my dry cleaning.
Robes were torn and frayed.
Static in bed was so extreme it woke us in the middle of the night.
Every word of your neighbors could be heard through the walls.
The hvac fan was very loud.
The windows were not sealed. When the wind would blow, the curtains would move.

Do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Talktoyou
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We are absolutely horrified to hear of your recent experience at our property. This is not the level or service we pride ourselves on, or that even comes close to the level of exceptional service our guests have come to be familiar with. We cannot apologize enough for you experiencing anything less than excellence. Please contact our hotel manager Dana Mielke to discuss your stay with her personally.
Evergreen, Colorado
Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife, family, friends and I have received absolute phenomenal customer service from Kaylee, while eating lunch and dinner in the lounge area. Although, the service is great in the dining area, we always dine in the lounge when Kaylee is working, because the service she provides is awesome. Although the food is excellent, Kaylee's personality and service are the main reasons we go.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dana S, Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you so very much for your 5 star review, wonderful comments about Kaylee and the Bridgewater Grill. We will definitely pass your comments onto Kaylee as well as our entire management team. We are so thankful for our amazing team members! We look forward to seeing you again in the Bridgewater Grill!
Nr Swindon, UK
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed here for a week on a business trip. My room was good, a decent size with a comfortable bed, and all very clean, the staff were friendly, the food was good, maybe a bit expensive.. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Purton_Stoke_Travel
Dana S, Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay including your guest room, our staff service and the food from the Bridgewater Grill restaurant. We are looking forward to seeing you again!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed February 15, 2014

We stayed in one of the two-room Creekside suites at the Golden Hotel for 4 nights, and were very pleased with our room, the hotel's restaurant, and the very friendly, professional service offered by the hotel's staff and management. The suite was newly and attractively redecorated (from what I understand, the entire hotel has been renovated and/or redecorated), very spacious and comfortable; the "living" room included a gas fireplace, a large TV, a leather couch and two comfortable chairs, a large desk and chair, and a long granite counter with a sink, small refrigerator, coffee service, and microwave. The bedroom and bathroom were large. The bed and bedding were very comfortable, and we slept well. The suite was spotlessly clean, and the windows offered pretty views. There is some street noise, as the hotel is just 4 stories tall, but nothing that we noticed (with the exception of a police or fire siren) after the first night.

The hotel's location can't be beat, if you have business or plans in Golden or at the Colorado School of Mines. Historic Golden is just outside the door, as is a 1.6 mile paved walkway along Clear Creek; the CSM is a short, pretty walk away.

The hotel's staff and management, and the Bridgewater Grill's staff, were very friendly and attentive. We had breakfast in the grill each day, and the food was hot, tasty, and just as ordered each time.

We have plans to return to Golden, and will look forward to returning to the Golden Hotel!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SmallWorldAA
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel, we are thrilled with your wonderful remarks and your 5 star rating! It is great to hear that you enjoyed our renovation, location, staff, service and restaurant. I will be sure to share your comments with the all of our team members. We look forward to seeing you again!