“We really liked the Golden Hotel!”

The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Golden
DEARBORN, MICHIGAN
“We really liked the Golden Hotel!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently stayed at the Golden Hotel for one night on our way up into the mountains. Our flight arrived into DIA at 10 and after sightseeing a little we arrived at the hotel around 1 hoping to check in early. Lucky for us our room was ready and the super nice desk clerk Nick, checked us in! We wandered a bit around town and did the Coors tour just a few blocks away. Our room was very nice and as we had booked a larger one, we had plenty of space. We had dinner in the hotel that evening and they had live music outside on the patio to enjoy after. The food was great and service was too! They do have tables outside on a deck, but they were full when we arrived. I guess they do live music every Thursday in the summer and it is a wonderful venue with the river and the walk right there. In the morning we ordered room service for breakfast and was amazed at how fast our food arrived! All in all, I kind of wished we had booked an extra night or two into this hotel. There is a lot to do in the area and we will stay here the next time we visit Colorado!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank kathy1b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stopped in for just one night as a last minute weekend getaway. The hotel was in an excellent location right near many shops and restaurants, as well as just a few blocks from the Coors brewery, and seconds away from a beautiful walk along the river. Our room was quiet and clean. We got the Deluxe King, the bed was huge and about the most comfortable thing I've ever slept on. The food at the restaurant downstairs was good and reasonably priced. We received excellent customer service at both the restaurant and the front desk. The real treat of the trip was a free bottle of champagne, which we received once the front desk learned it was our anniversary. I have never had any other hotel provide such a kind gesture. If we ever return to Golden, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cassandra A
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My grandson and I just spent 2 nights at The Golden Hotel and it was perfect! Great room, very clean, quiet, excellent front desk service and awesome views of table top mountain. We experienced some problems with our TV one night and there was a baseball game coming on that my grandson wanted to see. I called the front desk and there were problems with stations due to a thunderstorm in the area. However, the maintenance person came to the room and he checked to be sure the storm was the problem, left and called to say he was working on it, came back to the room to see if it was working (and it was), called later to be sure everything was ok. Really?? Who does that?? That is incredible customer service and my grandson was thrilled he could watch the game. Don't hesitate to stay at this hotel, it's in a perfect location, wonderful little town and the people at this hotel really want you to be happy with your room and stay with them. P.S. The food at the hotel grille is also very good.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountains, especially the ones facing table top mountain are great but any view fro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelerfromMichigan
Columbus. Ohio
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Last year, our group stayed at the Westin Westminster. This place is a step down in physical terms, but the staff are so helpful and friendly that I actually felt far more welcomed and at home here. The room was reasonably comfortable [down pillows would be a GREAT addition...], the restaurant served some excellent meals, and the location--right on Clear Creek at the start of downtown Golden--can't be beat.

I'd ask for a room overlooking the creek and facing the foothills [which essentially is the back side of the hotel].

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear overlooking the creek.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Salida
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I do not usually choose Choice Hotels. In Golden we selected the Golden Hotel. The price was pretty steep but I guess you are paying for the location. Downtown on the river. The hotel is older but in good condition. The desk service was excellent. Overall a good night sleep. On our last day we did not have any hot water. This was a surprise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dana S, General Manager at The Golden Hotel, an Ascend Collection hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Golden Hotel. We are so pleased to know you enjoyed our location and that our front desk provided excellent service. We strive to go above and beyond to exceed guest expectations. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the issues we were experiencing with our hot water. It was an unexpected maintenance issue that fortunately we were able to immediately alleviate. We hope to see you again and thank you for the feedback you provided.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Wish we could have enjoyed the hotel for a longer stay. Our room overlooked a river and park area. It was nice to be able to open the window and enjoy the view and cooler weather. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2013
Black Forest, Colorado
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We recently were evacuated from a wildfire in Black Forest, Colorado. I have a german shepherd dog with a bad lung and she is sensitive to smoky air, so I wanted her as far away from the fire as possible. Our son is a student at the School of Mines in Golden, so that was a natural destination for me to try.
When I called I spoke with Bret, who was extremely accommodating and found us a room, even though it seemed at first there wasn't one available. He asked my dog's name, and was very helpful.
When my dog and I arrived, her name was on the chalkboard, and they had a goodie bag for her. She's a rural dog who has never stayed in a hotel before, so this was kind of fun for us. I had a welcome letter from Bret, and was offered a freshly baked cookie.
The room was very large. And clean! Every staff member I came in contact with was wonderful. Our evacuation lasted longer than anticipated and I was luckily able to extend our stay to three nights. It was a good feeling to know we were in air conditioned comfort with clean air during our stressful time.
Kudos to the management of The Golden Hotel and thank you to the wonderful staff!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo