“Below average”

Ranked #36 of 149 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: American
“Below average”
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Service was slow, although the server was very friendly. They mixed up my order and offered to correct the mistake. But given the time it took to get the original order, I passed on the offer. Most importantly, the food quality was average at best.

Visited July 2013

Cedar Park, Texas
“Terrible service, average food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We waited a full hour before we were even able to get someone to take our lunch order. It was not a peak time, nor was the restaurant crowded. The wait staff is unconcerned and lazy, and seems to ignore the fact that people don't want to spend the entire day there. The food was average tourist fare, and definitely not worth that or any length of wait. The only reason we stopped there is that we had tried most other venues in Golden. I ordered the "Ahi Tuna sandwich", which was to have been only "seared" as the menu and convention call for. Instead, it was terribly over-cooked, over-seasoned, and over-priced. My husband's veggie burger was average and unremarkable. The bill for the two sandwiches and an iced tea with tip came to over $30--a big mistake. We will never make the mistake of going there again.

• Visited July 2013
Greeley, Colorado
“Yummmmmmmmm”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stopped in because I saw a sign advertising "best burger in Golden". Sure enough. The plain ol cheeseburger is awesome. Try the green chile burger for something extra good and the sweet potato fries are delicious as well. This is our local favorite.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank 520shari
Portland, Michigan, United States
“Great soup, burgers, nachos; welcoming atmosphere, friendly patrons”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Daily soups are worth the stop. I had the tortilla chicken and wished I could have had seconds. My daughter agrees. Her husband commends the burgers. Their teenaged son who can demolish food barely put a dent in Blue Canyon's mountain of nachos. Hint: plan on sharing if you order the nachos or taking a box home; they are too good to waste.
Prices are moderate for the quality of the food.
The only drawback is a single shared restroom; hardly adequate for a place that seats about sixty and sells beer. Public restrooms are a short walk away.

• Visited June 2013
denver
“Food is only average quality.”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I've eaten here three times and haven't been impressed on any visit. They try hard but miss the mark every time.

Visited May 2013