“Very nice suite with noisy air handling system”

Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed October 5, 2010

Rooms were very clean, quality linens, comfortable furniture, and nicely stocked kitchen. Our only complaint is that the heater/air conditioner is housed in a closet in the bedroom, and it makes a lot of noise when it is running. Our solution was to turn it off completely at night, but one can't do that if it is too hot. The fridge also makes a lot of noise when it is running, and we solved that problem by shutting the door between the living room area and the bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I travel wherever the job market takes me; this time to Golden, CO for 4 months back & forth. Fortunately I discovered this Residence Inn. From day one all of the staff have bent over backwards to make me feel comfortable and cared for. Housekeeping has me so spoiled that I actually hate going back home to do my own dishes and make my own bed. Maintenance is on hand in a heart beat performing any little tweak that needs attention. The front desk staff always great me with welcoming smiles and the reassurance of being "home". I call this location my "Vertical Family". If you need to be away from home this is where you should stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2010

We came here early in the morning and they let us check in early which was GREAT. Upon entering our room, the towel rack was on the floor like it was broken. I complained to the manager and she said she would take care of it. When we came back from sight-seeing in the evening, it still wasn't take care of.... In fact, on day 2 after the maid cleaned our room - it still wasn't taken care of - I believe this hotel has a Maintenance/Maid issue that needs to be addressed. The breakfast was OK - nothing to brag about - COLD pancakes wasn't my cup of tea..... I think the real issue here is the MAID service and MAINTENENACE - otherwise everyone was friendly at the front desk. I think I would try a different property next time. In my book, this property FAILED.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2010

The spa was way too hot to enjoy and the jets barely registered in the water. The food was cold and the staff was just so so. Our bed was very sqeaky but the linens were wonderful. It just needs some TLC and more enthusiastic staff.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Room was hot they said the AC were underpowered for the extreme hot weather. Pool was cold!! and the whirlpool was broke, they had and excuse for that to. Not an awful place by no means but not what I expect from Residence Inn. When you pay the Residence Inn price.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Very Convenient for Coors Brewery, Dinosaur Ridge, Red Rocks and traveling into Denver. Comfortable facility with good service. We were upgraded to a two bedroom, two bath. Perfect for a traveling family. Bathrooms were wonderful. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My mother, 85, and I stayed at this Residence Inn while visiting the Golden area for her grandson's wedding. The hotel met all of our expectations. Everyone was very helpful, the breakfast bar was fantastic, and the location was easy to navigate in and out of with the super highways. I was glad I had learned to navigate with my husband's TomTom systems. I would recommend this Residence Inn to anyone. I look forward to trying other Residence Inns in other areas.

• Stayed: August 2009