“Nice Hotel...But...”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Henderson, NV
“Nice Hotel...But...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Overall, the hotel is very nice. Everything about the room is what you would normally expect from RI. I like the full size refrigerator, comfortable bed and sofa for relaxing. The location of this property is located on the wrong side of the 6 freeway. I was walking around the area most of the time and it was very inconvenient. There is no place close by to walk to eat. The layout of the hotel is somewhat confusing, and the parking lot is equally so.

My main gripe about this hotel is that for the 5 days that I was here (M-F), the evening social was only on Mondays and Tuesdays. Every other Residence Inn said that I've been in had at least 3 nights, but most have 4 nights. I asked the front desk on the Friday that I was leaving, and she said that they only had the evening social because of the rates that people paid. Had I known this, I would have stayed at another Marriott property because at RI you only get 5 points per dollar spent, at other Marriott properties, you get 10 points per dollar spent. I usually choose RI because the rooms are bigger, the breakfasts, and the evening socials. If more Residence Inns are like this, I'll rethink my strategy, maybe I'll stay at Homewood Suites more often. Now I'll have to start calling the RI to see how many nights of evening social they have.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jenadamy
Jesse L, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi There!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us. I’m sorry that during your stay there were some areas of concern; in particular the number of points you earn, the number of nights we offer social and the location of the property. While I’m not able to change the location of the property, I will make the suggestion to Marriott that we consider increasing the number of points offered per dollar spent, and I’ll take into consideration offering more nights of social hour per week as we begin doing our 2014 business plans. I appreciate your feedback and value your business.
Jesse Loose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Highland Park, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were surprised about the great location. Greeted by very helpful and courteous staff that gave us fantastic tips on places to go and restaurants in the area. We were planning on making our meals but ended up eating out the whole time. The only issue I would have is that our room was not made up until later in the afternoon. This was only a problem because we came back to nap in the afternoons. We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi There!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We’re very lucky to have some great restaurants in the area, and some fantastic staff who knows where they are! I'm gald you enjoyed your three night stay with us and I hope our paths cross again!
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family of 3 adults stayed for 6 days. The location for our activities was very good due to easy access to highways, [& light rail, though we didn't use it] yet very quiet in the neighborhood. The staff was outstanding in their pleasantness & attention to duties-including front desk, breakfast area, housekeeping personnel. Check-in was past midnight due to messed up airline travel & when I mentioned being hungry was offered cereal & milk-hit the spot for sure! We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit on the 2nd floor which made for a very comfortable stay. The elevator was quick. There was adequate parking even when we came back late in evening. Breakfast provided a good range of choices & was kept stocked even when many people were coming & going. A small restaurant/deli [Bono's] was a short walk with good food for 1 of us who stayed behind one day. Truly could not ask for a better place to stay at a fair price for what we received.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi There!
I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. I love reading reviews like this... it makes me so proud of my associates and the property. I appreciate your sharing it with the world! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and made our home, your home away from home!

Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed with our 2 young boys 9 and 12 along with our 15 old niece at this property for 7 nights and could not have been more please with our stay. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. The location was just of 6th Avenue and the Colorado Mills Mall is just down the street. Close to the mountains and a straight shot to downtown on 6th Avenue. We were in Denver for my oldest daughter's wedding along with several other people that also stayed at this property. I would highly recommend this property if visiting Denver.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi There!

I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. What a nice review to read! We’re so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope our paths cross again!

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I liked the area, overall It was ok, not all of the rooms came with an oven. There was a different rate for the rooms with ovens. The cook top was ok for our over night stay. The staff was helpful and people were friendly.

• Stayed November 2012
Hi There! I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. You are absolutely correct; we do have a limited number of rooms with ovens, which are availble at a slightly higher rate. They work great for people staying over a very long term. If not though, all of our rooms come with a full refrigerator, two counter-top burners, microwave and dishwasher. I hope our paths cross again!

Dearborn, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stay at a lot of Marriott properties. Staying at a Residence Inn is always a treat and this one upholds that experience. Great happy hour, super breakfast, spacious room, very nice interior pool and hot tub. The room layout, as with all Residence Inns, has a separate dressing area from the shower which we always enjoy.
This property is located right off US 6, just east of I-70 so it is convenient to accessing downtown Denver and as a stopover on your way back to the airport via I-70.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi There! I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. We're in agreement on Residence Inn's, it's a great brand, but I'm a little partial. ;-) I hope our paths cross again!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

After visiting Disneyland and California, we accompanied our daughter to Denver where she was to enrol for a 5-month discipleship training school. Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights, and enjoyed the entire stay. The 2 bedroomed suite was very spacious and had everything we needed for our family of 4 adults. The staff were all very helpful, and nothing was too much trouble. We had originally booked 4 nights, but asked for an extra night after check-in, and it was arranged immediately. We loved the breakfasts! This hotel was a perfect base for exploring the Denver area, and as we wanted to shop before our return home, it is a stone's throw from the Colorado Mills Shopping Centre. Coming from Australia, we had never stayed in a Residence Inn before, but shall certainly make sure we do again in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathyg25
Hi There! I just wanted to take a moment and thank you for staying with us and for the positive review. Also, I'm so glad that your first experiance at a Residence Inn was so positive. I hope our paths cross again!