“Good value and location. Good for families”

Residence Inn Denver West/Golden
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Golden
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our family of four stayed here on a recent ski trip/family visit. The staff were very attentive and friendly, which I value a great deal. We asked for additional blankets and they were delivered in less than 5 minutes. The rooms were not luxurious, but certainly adequate. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with a nice kitchen. The appliances were stainless steel and everything was very clean and well maintained. The bedding was comfortable with a bunch of different pillow types to choose from. We had breakfast in the lobby area one morning and I was impressed with the selection and quality of the food. The pool/jacuzzi were nice, and my wife used the small gym once while the rest of us went skiing. The gym is equipped with Life Cycle treadmills and free weights, so it should be adequate for most users. The only complaint I had were the kids that kept running up and down the hall outside of our room one night, and the interesting smells throughout the hallways. Also,the elevator is crazy slow. All in all, a nice visit considering the reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
denlg, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Thank you for your review, I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I will share your feedback with our team, they will be very pleased. We strive to provide the best services and amenities possible. I understand it can be frustrating when there is noise around your room when you are trying to rest. I will also share this information with our team so we can try and limit disturbances as much as possible in the future. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Golden, CO!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Denver West/Golden

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This property was easy to find and right off of the highway - next door to a Courtyard Marriott, which was interesting. The check in process took about 7 minutes because the front desk person was answering a lot of questions for another traveller. When we checked in he was very helpful and steered us toward and area of restaurants, pointing it out on a map, then gave us the map.

Our room (a one bedroom suite) had a small kitchen with full size fridge/freezer, microwave, small stovetop, coffee maker, and utensils/cookware, etc. so you can prepare meals there if you want. There is a table with two chairs, a desk and chair, couch and TVs in both the main room and the Queen bedroom. If you are intending to sleep on the sofa bed, good luck. It is really uncomfortable. The single bathroom is located inside of the separate bedroom so you will need to walk through there if you have to get up at night - maybe waking up whoever might be sleeping. Not the best floor plan. Would have been better if the bathroom were accessible from both the main room and the bedroom. The one bedroom suite would be good for just two people, but I don't recommend for four.

The breakfast has all of the usual cereal, toast, pastry, bagels, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit and a machine and batter for cooking waffles. Lots of carbs, but some protein - so that's good. Go early in the morning (8-8:30) and you won't have to line up at the toaster or wait for them to bring out more eggs.It gets pretty busy at 9, and lots of kids are running around grabbing things, so you have to be patient.

We didn't spend much time here and only used it as a place to sleep while we were in town visiting family. We skipped breakfast on the last day because all of the tables were full and we just decided to go out. It did seem that there were a lot of people staying here and then driving up to ski areas like Winter Park, etc., so it would be an economical ski trip option instead of staying closer to a resort area.

We will probably stay at the Courtyard next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We value your detailed feedback. Our staff takes pride in providing outstanding guest service and I am pleased that we lived up to your expectations at check in. The Courtyard Marriott next door is a newly renovated property and includes the new Bistro Restaurant which has a variety of food for breakfast and dinner, including a full bar. If you are in the Golden area again we would be happy to serve your travel needs at either hotel. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We were displaced from our home due to a broken water pipe lived at this hotel with our 3 dogs for 4 full weeks. I can not say enough about the professional and friendly staff and the accommodating nature of this particular hotel. The rooms and property were spacious and clean, centrally located-easy trip to Denver, easy trip back into the mountains, and we looked forward to the hot breakfasts every morning and to using the the fitness/pool/hot tub facilities. Despite the fact that our stay was unplanned and in the middle of a stressful time for us we really enjoyed our time here. I'd recommend this hotel 110%.

Room Tip: We stayed in both 121 (studio) and 109 (2bdrm). I'd recommenced both as they were on quiet first...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
denlg, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your stay at our hotel with Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate hearing that we were able to meet your needs and exceed your expectations while you were here. I will share your comments with our team.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Hot breakfast was better than average. Rooms were good. I stayed in a suite that had a bedroom that was able to be closed off from the "living room and kitchen" area. Kitchen had a small fridge, microwave, stovetop burners and was stocked with basic kitchenware. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DeT641
denlg, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We strive to provide our guests with the best experience possible. I will share your comments with our team. We look forward to serving your travel needs again the next time you are in Golden, CO!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Well laid out apartments, clean, great service.

Pros:
Good location, just near downtown.
Free shuttle bus - excellent.
Staff are friendly and helpful.

Cons:
You basically need to turn the heater off at night to get sleep as they are noisy (I measured 60dB with my iPhone).
Disposable plates and cups at breakfast! 1980's-style.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank James K
denlg, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver West/Golden, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We truly value and appreciate all of the feedback our guests give us so we can work to continuously improve our hotel and services. I have informed our maintenance team about the loud noise you experienced from the heater at night so that he can address the issue. I appreciate hearing about the pro's and I will make sure to share your review with our associates. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Golden, CO.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed here for a week while visiting the area. The location is perfect for doing day trips. Our room was clean, and everything worked well. The fireplace was an especially nice touch for Christmas week. Breakfast foods were varied, and there was something to please each member of the family. The lady at the front desk was just so nice. I regret that I can't remember her name even though she made such a great impression on us. She took the time to recommend a fun place to take our daughter sledding and even printed out a map to make it that much easier.
The indoor pool was large, appeared to be very clean, and was a nice place for little ones to burn off some energy. Plenty of towels were provided, both in the room and at the pool. I felt like I could ask for whatever I might have needed, which is a nice feeling. We would most definitely stay here again if we visit the area, and we would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Love the two-room suite with a fireplace!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SkyblueTN

Thank you for your review! It sounds like your stay was everything you expected it to be which means my team executed the service we strive for. Our team takes a lot of pride in their work and in ensuring our guests have a memorable stay. I will share your review with them and celebrate their success! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Golden, CO.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

The building, rooms, lobby and pool area where very nice and in good shape.

The staff was pleasant to deal with and accomidating.

We most liked the indoor pool/hot tub area.

The rooms were nice and the bed was comfy enough. It was small for a king.
Plan on the bed being no bigger than your average queen.

The biggest negative was the cleanliness of everything. The rooms didn't seem to be thoroughly cleaned. I know for a fact the pool area wasn't cleaned in atleast 2 days. Certain trash and left behind clothing remained in the same spot for days.

The breakfast was a nice feature although the quality was only ok.

To summarize I would visit this hotel again. It was a good value for the price. We liked the pool area and the other guest seemed like a good evenly mixed crowd.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Chad B

Thank you so much for your feedback. While it seems as though you enjoyed your stay, I appreciate hearing our area of opportunity. We are always looking to improve and I thank you for taking the time to provide us with your honest opinion. I will share your review with our team and make sure our housekeeping team focuses on improving the cleanliness of our public spaces. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Golden, CO!