“Excellent food, intriguing atmosphere”

Sherpa House Restaurant & Cultural Center
Ranked #4 of 152 Restaurants in Golden
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15th St.
Transit: The following bus stops right infront of Sherpa House RTD no. 16 bus to Denver RTD no. 16 L bus to Denver RTD No. 17 Bus to Red Rocks Community college, Federal center RTD No. G to Boulder
Description: At Sherpa House Restaurant and Cultural Center, the quality of the food and service is the supreme priority. Our goal is to enhance your dining experience in the most beautifully decorated Sherpa House, with friendly and experienced staffs. We have wide variety of menu that are suitable for all ages. At our Restaurant NO one walks out with unsatisfied service and food.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We ate here after driving by many many times saying "We need to try Sherpa House" and I am disappointed only because we did not try it earlier! The food was fabulous. I had the combination momo (steamed dumplings) which were savory and delicious and my date had the tikka masala, which was definitely the best I've ever had (and she said the same). The restaurant was quite busy (it was a Saturday night), so we stopped by an hour early to make reservations, and are glad we did. We were seated promptly when we arrived, while there were perhaps four groups waiting for tables waiting for tables in the entry area. Perhaps because it was so busy, the service was a little slow at first, and our meals took a bit longer to come out than I might have expected, but these factors did little to detract from an otherwise wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We ordered appetizer sampler and entree sampler in an effort to try a little of everything. It was pretty good, but not great. The lamb was very tough, however the dipping sauces were very delicious. The chicken tiki Marsala was good, but nothing outstanding. What was outstanding was the attentiveness shown by multiple service staff. Because this restaurant is in our "hood", we would probably return.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have eaten at a lot of Nepalese restaurants and this so far is the best. Everything was delicious and perfectly prepared. The service was good, too.

1  Thank gentinasybil
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We tried Sherpa House on the recommendation of friends. We split an order of 6 chicken momo (steamed dumplings) for an appetizer. The chicken was very tender and the dipping sauce had many layers of wonderful spices. I ordered lamb stew (medium spice) and I could not have handled anything hotter! Small spoonfuls were required and I was grateful for the generous side of nan and the cooling Sherpa porter. A few of the lamb pieces were a bit tough, but there was lots of lamb in the stew. The flavor of the stew was wonderful, although the sauce was a bit thin--more like soup in the US, I'd say. Not complaining--I was just a bit surprised. My husband ordered the mixed sizzler (chicken, lamb, yak); the chicken (white meat--not bone-in) was a bit dry and he couldn't tell which was lamb and which was yak. (Perhaps all non-chicken was yak on this plate?) But the flavors again were good.

The many displays were interesting and the atmosphere of the room we were in was cozy and warm. Nice on a cold evening.

We arrived around 5:30 p.m. on a Monday and the dining room was far from full. Service was very prompt and attentive. By the time we left (just after 6:30), the dining room was full--a bit surprising on a Monday. Note that the parking lot on the left side of the restaurant (as you face the front door from the pathway) is for the restaurant, even though the signs make no mention of that. But the map inside makes it clear. We also found plenty of street parking too.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I enjoy going to places that are off the beaten path and not your typical chain restaurants. I love Indian/Nepalese food so I was looking forward to going here. LOVED the atmosphere! Food doesn't appear to be high quality cuts of meat, etc. and rather bland for Indian.