“Nobody cares anymore”
Review of Golden Skillet - CLOSED

Golden Skillet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Big sign out front says " best breakfast in Golden". It was obvious it once was, but now the owners are either resting on their laurels or they don't care anymore, because the food was worst than mediocre and the service was horible. You shouldnt have to ask for everything.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We had such high hopes for Golden Skillet. Our first meal there was right after they opened. The food was not great and the service spotty. We chalked this up to opening jitters. We have dined there two times since, and will not do so again. Each meal was mediocre at best, making the prices far too high, and the wait for service was long both times. It's been a few years since they opened and it just has not gotten better.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

We went there on a Saturday morning. After the busboy finally figured out how to clear a table (I am not joking) we sat down. After 15 minutes when we had still not been given menus or greeted by a waitress (or anybody else) I went to the cashier and asked for service. It turns out the cashier was also our waitress. When she came over with the requested menus all she had to say was "Sorry, I'm busy". Too busy to greet your guests? The table next to us also had to get their own menus and settings.

The food was mediocre.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I stopped in to the Golden Skillet for a late breakfast to fill up before heading out into RMNP for the day and were not disappointed. We were greeted by a comfortable, laid back, local feeling breakfast spot that appeared to be filled by locals and people from the nearby college. They had great coffee, served in nice big mugs that reminded me a bit of home :) We both ordered different types of the breakfast skillets and loved the food - left the place stuffed. The homemade biscuits were delicious.

The only criticism I can offer is that the celling is in need of tile replacement, and it felt a bit high for the size of the room. I'd have liked some hanging lights to bring the make it feel a bit more cozy and hide nasty tiles.

Overall a great spot for breakfast.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Everything on the breakfast menu is great. We eat there every time we are in golden.
Can be a bit noisy on the weekends.

2  Thank Charlie S